Windows 10: Blue Screen Cycle (cannot system restore w/o blue screen)

Discus and support Blue Screen Cycle (cannot system restore w/o blue screen) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am traveling, and yesterday encountered a bsod cycle. It interrupts most system restore attempts, either in the navigation screen to select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertS7, Aug 8, 2018.

1. RobertS7 Win User

Blue Screen Cycle (cannot system restore w/o blue screen)

Hello,

I am traveling, and yesterday encountered a bsod cycle. It interrupts most system restore attempts, either in the navigation screen to select a restore point, before, or during the restore proper. My restarts have had the following results, roughly sorted by frequency:

1. Immediate bsod at asus logo with no additional occurrences

2. bsod "collecting data"

3. Automatic repair begins, but bsod interrupts the loading

4. Automatic repair screen, bsod before I can click the "advanced options"

5. System restore screen, bsod before I can do anything

6. Navigating either of these screens, bsod

7. Beginning system restore, bsod

8. Login screen, bsod

9. "Repairing disk errors" -- frozen

I have managed to fix it by restoring to an earlier point once. This lasted about twelve hours (through two boots) before the problem recurred

It is currently stuck on 9 and I am attempting to be patient with it. But the screen is frozen.

I am in a difficult spot -- file backup isn't really an option and I have some irreplaceable files on here which I've not been able to back up yet. I also don't have the ability to create a disk to restore from (no other pcs). I'm also hoping to do work on this trip, and I've another two weeks.

I have been unable to get to the restore screen long enough to fix this more than once. Given the difficulty in getting to any point beyond a bsod, safe mode is difficult to enter.

This is not a new install -- this computer has had 10 since I got it a couple of years ago.

Thoughts?

:)

RobertS7, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Blue Screen Cycle (cannot system restore w/o blue screen)

Blue Screen problem

Hi,

The issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error messages?
    • Can you please provide us the screenshot of the blue screen error?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Blue Screen Cycle (cannot system restore w/o blue screen)

1. Blue Screen Cycle (cannot system restore w/o blue screen) - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Cycle

2. Blue screen on the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen on the system: EventDataBugcheckCode10BugcheckParameter10xffff8f0126edb2e3BugcheckParameter20x2BugcheckParameter30x0BugcheckParameter40xfffff8010a23c174SleepInProgress0PowerButtonTimestamp0BootAppStatus0Checkpoint0ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalseSystemSleepTransitionsToOn0CsEntryScenarioInsta...
  3. Blue screen error after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen error after system restore: Okay so I did system restore on my pc because I was having some freezing problems and before it wasn’t freezing so I thought it would be a good idea to do that and now my pc is doing the blue error screen loop and I can’t use system restore again because it’s asking for a...
  4. Blue screen error after system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen error after system restore: Okay so I did system restore on my pc because I was having some freezing problems and before it wasn’t freezing so I thought it would be a good idea to do that and now my pc is doing the blue error screen loop and I can’t use system restore again because it’s asking for a...
  5. Blue screen error after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen: I was on Chrome watching Youtube when all of a sudden everything froze and I blue screened. The computer restarted and everything was fine. Then I noticed that the cursor was gone. My mouse and keyboard were not working. I restarted one more time and the mouse and keyboard...
  7. Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen: I was on Chrome watching Youtube when all of a sudden everything froze and I blue screened. The computer restarted and everything was fine. Then I noticed that the cursor was gone. My mouse and keyboard were not working. I restarted one more time and the mouse and keyboard...
  8. Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. ERROR w/ a blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ERROR w/ a blue screen: I am running Windows 10. And for some reason, 3 times in two days, my screen has turned all blue, and reads ERROR!!! We must restart your computer, and there is a QR code until today I didn't have a QR Scanner app and in small letters it tells me for details to go to... well...
  10. Laptop is in an unstoppable blue screen cycle

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop is in an unstoppable blue screen cycle: , so I was going to restart my laptop and it said update and restart so i dis that. After it restarted, a blue screen came up with the error NTFS FILE SYSTEM and it automatically restarts. Hp logo comes on and it says preparing automatic repair. The screen then turns black...