Windows 10: Blue screen error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when waking from sleep

Discus and support Blue screen error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when waking from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I just reinstalled Windows 10 a few days ago, since Windows crashed with a different BSOD, and now having this problem. It doesn't always do it when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by watewut10, Feb 13, 2016.

1. watewut10 Win User

Blue screen error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when waking from sleep

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 a few days ago, since Windows crashed with a different BSOD, and now having this problem. It doesn't always do it when waking from sleep, but it has done it twice so far. It never did this on the other Windows 10 install before. One thing is that when I was reinstalling all my programs and then afterwards put my computer in sleep, it wouldn't wake from it! When I rebooted it, the desktop kept flashing, like Windows Explorer kept crashing, and a reboot wouldn't even fix it! I had to run a System Restore, which fixed that. So now half the time, my computer doesn't even wake from sleep, which it didn't really before on the other Windows 10 install. However I never used to get BSOD's waking from sleep, until now! If you guys can help, that would be great. Thanks!

Also the BSOD is always yellow for some weird reason when waking from sleep, is very dim, and in the middle of the screen! See pic below.

:)

watewut10, Feb 13, 2016
  2. Leonziur Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when waking from sleep in Windows 10

I am getting this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen of death when i wake my laptop from sleep. It's been happening consistently. I think it was since the last update but I can't be sure. My mouse pointer is missing on the login screen, keyboard input does
    nothing and a few moments later the blue screen shows up. Can someone help me resolve this? My laptop is a Lenovo Edge 15. I am including the

minidumps and sytem information here

Thanks in advance!

Leonziur, Feb 13, 2016
  3. TimGon Win User
    Sleep/Hibernate causes crash on Windows 10

When putting the computer into sleep mode or hibernate, it doesn't appear to turn off correctly and upon turning it on, it crashes. Not sure if it is related but on one of the blue screens I got the dpc_watchdog_violation error. Anyone else having this
    issue or know how to fix?

TimGon, Feb 13, 2016
  4. Blue screen error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when waking from sleep

tanujchadha, Feb 13, 2016
  5. watewut10 Win User
    I looked and I don't even have the same driver that it is mentioning. So obviously that isn't the problem. See pic.

watewut10, Feb 13, 2016
  6. I see an entry by the name of unknown device, can you please share the hardware id for the same.

7. watewut10 Win User
    Ok here is what it says when I go to the properties. It won't go to the driver details as there isn't a driver installed for it.

watewut10, Feb 13, 2016
  8. Blue screen error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when waking from sleep

Try installing the HP 3D Drive Guard software.

9. watewut10 Win User
    Ok I can try that. Where can I download it from, and what does it do?

watewut10, Feb 13, 2016
  10. It would be available for download from the HP website. As per the HP webpage here is what is says there:
    HP 3D DriveGuard protects your hard drive against rough handling, excessive vibration, and other everyday wear and tear; so when an accident happens, you can go on working. It relies on a three-axis digital accelerometer that acts as a motion sensor, which notifies the system software of any sudden movement and sends a command to temporarily park the hard drive, protecting your critical data from impacts, bumps and minor drops.

11. watewut10 Win User
    Ok I tried installing it and it wasn't compatible with my computer.

watewut10, Feb 13, 2016
  12. Can you please share the specs of the PC and also include the specs of the HDD (if its a SSD or not)
    If yes then also include the manufacturer and the speed.

13. watewut10 Win User

Ok here are the specs of my computer. Also I know it is an HDD, but where do I find the specs on it?

watewut10, Feb 13, 2016
  14. tanujchadha, Feb 13, 2016
  15. watewut10 Win User
    Ok here is the Video Card info and Audio drivers. I don't know why the Audio driver details shows that message though! Also here are the HDD specs! I had to take multiple screenshots as it wouldn't all fit on one.

watewut10, Feb 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Blue screen error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Blue screen error

2. Blue Screen when my laptop wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when my laptop wakes from sleep: This doesn't happen all the time, but it does sometimes. I just installed a fresh copy of Windows on my laptop to see if it would fix the issue. I installed all the drivers as well. It seems to be a bit better but I had a Blue Screen once.I don't know how to find that error...
  3. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hello,I've had a few BSODs since putting together my new PC. Most of the time, they happen when the PC wakes up from sleep mode. However, it has happened at least once due to a game freezing. The only stop code I've seen is "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT." I have run both a storage and...
  4. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hello,I've had a few BSODs since putting together my new PC. Most of the time, they happen when the PC wakes up from sleep mode. However, it has happened at least once due to a game freezing. The only stop code I've seen is "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT." I have run both a storage and...
  5. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hi, I often but not always get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleeping mode. Most of the time the code is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. Any other ideas? Thanks and Regards,...
  6. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hi, I often but not always get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleeping mode. Most of the time the code is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. Any other ideas? Thanks and Regards,...
  7. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Blue Screen of death when waking from sleep BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of death when waking from sleep BSOD: Hello I have recently got two bsod in 2 weeks and 3 bsod 5months ago so I will post the dmp files if you guys can help me resolve this.the bsod that I got in july I think it was from riot vanguard but im not sure but I deleted but I need it if i want to play valorant so I...
  9. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate

Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate: I often but not always get a BSOD when my Dell laptop wakes up from sleeping or hibernation. One of the codes is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. I saw a recommendation was to try to roll back my graphics driver, but when I went to the device...
  10. Blue screen when waking up from sleep

Blue screen when waking up from sleep: I put my computer to sleep and went off to do some work. Firefox and Jetbrains PyCharm were active before putting it to sleep. When I came back and opened the lid, rather than showing me the lock screen, it showed me the dell screen indicating it had restarted. The...