Windows 10: Blue Screen Error (PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT)

Discus and support Blue Screen Error (PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Guys, I bought a new ASUS laptop (Windows 10) last week and have had the blue screen error since. What's going on: Everything is/seems ok when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TerenceJi, Jul 23, 2018.

1. TerenceJi Win User

Blue Screen Error (PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT)

Hi, Guys,

I bought a new ASUS laptop (Windows 10) last week and have had the blue screen error since.

What's going on:

Everything is/seems ok when I'm working on the laptop performing my daily work using Outlook, Edge browser, Word and Excel. However, every time if I left the laptop unattended (with all workings apps/files open) for about 5-10 minutes, it would say "This PC ran into some problems and need to restart. We're collecting some info...". The laptop would restart.

It happens consistently.

The blue screen reads: "PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT"; "What fails: pdc.sys".

All I've done with the laptop since I bought it are as below:

1) Installed and activated Office 2013 Business & Home Edition (with licensed product keys and etc.)

2) Uninstalled Office 365 coming with the laptop (not activated, needed to pay to get it activated online from Microsoft) .

3) Installed a drive for an Epson 555 Series printer and connected to it.

How to fix this "timeout" blue screen error? Could anyone help me out here, please?

Many thanks,

Terence

:)

TerenceJi, Jul 23, 2018

2. Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Blue Screen Error (PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT)

Blue screen error - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Hi,

Blue screen errors usually occur due to system file corruption and outdated drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before you encountered these errors?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the steps available in this link. It serves as a guide on how
    to troubleshoot blue screen errors in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Blue Screen Error (PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT)

1. Blue Screen Error (PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Error

2. Blue Screen PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 14f and how to anaylze dum file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 14f and how to anaylze dum file: Hey,I have tried to understand the winDbg analysis for the dmp file as to why I am getting a blue screen,Usually, it happens after the PC is in sleep modeI am using win11 on a laptop ASUS ROG Strix g152 questions:1 how do you get info from the winDbg analysis to understand...
  3. Blue Screen PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 14f and how to anaylze dum file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 14f and how to anaylze dum file: Hey,I have tried to understand the winDbg analysis for the dmp file as to why I am getting a blue screen,Usually, it happens after the PC is in sleep modeI am using win11 on a laptop ASUS ROG Strix g152 questions:1 how do you get info from the winDbg analysis to understand...
  4. Blue Screen: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Since the beginning of March, I've been getting blue screens, only during the weekend or first thing on Monday morning. They occur when the computer is unattended. That is, when I expect the computer to be sleeping, I look over and see a blue screen instead. In looking at the...
  5. Blue Screen: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Blue Screen: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Since the beginning of March, I've been getting blue screens, only during the weekend or first thing on Monday morning. They occur when the computer is unattended. That is, when I expect the computer to be sleeping, I look over and see a blue screen instead. In looking at the...
  6. PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hello, I've found this question many times but from what I understand, every case is different. If you can take a look at this one I would highly appreciate it.The error sometimes happens when the laptop wakes up from sleep mode.The dump file is available on this link.> I...
  7. PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hello, I've found this question many times but from what I understand, every case is different. If you can take a look at this one I would highly appreciate it.The error sometimes happens when the laptop wakes up from sleep mode.The dump file is available on this link.> I...
  8. Error code PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: [IMG]Hi, my Windows HP Envy wasn’t responding to certain commands, including anything to do with microsoft settings, so I powered my computer down with the external button. The screen didn’t totally go dark, so I closed the computer and opened the screen up again. I am not...
  9. PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Receiving blue screen error listed as subject. Attached are minidump and NFO files. Please help. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahwa2DyymJ6C0gXt7rIQHEYZDYQ8?e=WqzQ63 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdcwatchdogtimeout/8a08907a-102a-452b-b3c0-00531ec66e61
  10. PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: When I unpluged the battery charge cable and standby the device for a while, it will show me a Green Screen. The stopcode is: PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Failure file is: pdc.sys. Download the dump file: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnNEVkJDW4FLpSsuielKrGryxZUk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pdc_watchdog_timeout

2. pdc watchdog timeout asus

3. pdc.sys blue screen windows 10

4. windows 10 1903 stop code: PDC WATCHDOG TIMEOUT,
  5. stopcode pdc watchdog timeout,
  6. pdc_watchdog_timeout bluescreen,
  7. pdc.sys pdc_watchdog_timeout,
  8. watchdog pdc error,
  9. pdc.sys pdc_watchdog_timeout x360,
  10. pdc_watchdog_timeout windows 10,
  11. pdc watchdog timeout bluescreen,