Windows 10: blue screen,exception error/crash when i try to change power settings

Discus and support blue screen,exception error/crash when i try to change power settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi guys I hope you can help. my pc has been running fine since I built it around 6 months ago and I always run on the full power mode in windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fastboy, Oct 12, 2017.

1. fastboy Win User

blue screen,exception error/crash when i try to change power settings

hi guys I hope you can help.

my pc has been running fine since I built it around 6 months ago and I always run on the full power mode in windows

thought I would change it today to balanced as the pc often sits idle a lot but when I try to change the power options to balanced it hangs with a bzzzzzzzz noise or it gets the windows exception screen and says collecting data..if I do manage to get it on balanced mode it always crashes about 10 seconds into windows when its loaded with the same error,if I can quickly get it back onto full power mode it crashes but then its fine when windows loads again.

any ideas?

:)

fastboy, Oct 12, 2017

2. Lenovo b50-45 keeps restarting and keeps getting bluescreen error

Original Title: Lenovo b50-45 keeps restarting

bought a laptop last weekend ended up taking IT back faulty to be replaced. Now have replacement and it was fine for 48 hours then last night it crashed to the blue screen saying it needs to restart.

Now ow it is in a loop of trying to restart and going from the Lenovo first screen to the blue screen with different error messages some are below

System service exception

Knol exception not handled
    Irql not less or equal

Critical process died

memory management

I have tried to press f8 to set to factory settings but it won't go to that screen and just keeps going to he blue error message screen!

I am using windows 10

Help

JohnBrunlees, Oct 12, 2017
  3. Why is Netflix Crashing my laptop?

So I updated my display adapter to Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 and now I can't watch Netflix. Whenever I try right when the show would start it crashes to the blue frowny face screen of death and I get the System Service Exception Error. How do I fix this?

Superbossszkgjsa, Oct 12, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

blue screen,exception error/crash when i try to change power settings [​IMG]

blue screen,exception error/crash when i try to change power settings [​IMG]

5. fastboy Win User
    had to enter data manually it wouldn't auto fill in from that program,is that ok?

cheers

fastboy, Oct 13, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Sorry for the delay, I somehow missed your thread.

Please (re)move some files to increase the free space to at least 25GB.

Update the BIOS to version F22a.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. blue screen,exception error/crash when i try to change power settings - Similar Threads - blue screen exception

2. When I try to open Troubleshoot in settings it loads turns blue and crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to open Troubleshoot in settings it loads turns blue and crashed: I am on Windows 11, my windows is not fully updated because I need to troubleshoot my network because the option to connect to internet is missing, I might be stuck but I’m not sure...
  3. When I try to open Troubleshoot in settings it loads turns blue and crashed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to open Troubleshoot in settings it loads turns blue and crashed: I am on Windows 11, my windows is not fully updated because I need to troubleshoot my network because the option to connect to internet is missing, I might be stuck but I’m not sure...
  4. Settings crashing when trying to open 'power and sleep' settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings crashing when trying to open 'power and sleep' settings: Hello.My settings app crashes every time I open the 'power and sleep' settings in windows 11. When I try to open it, it freezes for a second and shows a blue screen before automatically closing and exiting the app. I had run some modification programs, but after the issue...
  5. Settings crashing when trying to open 'power and sleep' settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings crashing when trying to open 'power and sleep' settings: Hello.My settings app crashes every time I open the 'power and sleep' settings in windows 11. When I try to open it, it freezes for a second and shows a blue screen before automatically closing and exiting the app. I had run some modification programs, but after the issue...
  6. Blue screen error system exception error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen error system exception error: Hello I am getting frequent blue screen errors sometimes with code: system exception error or igdkmd64.sys. I have updated my windows and all drivers I still see the error. Can you help me with this I lose all my unsaved work the screen goes down anytime....
  7. Crashing to blue screen. "Machine-check exception"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing to blue screen. "Machine-check exception": I've been dealing with my system crashing to the blue screen with the sad face with the following error, "machine-check exception." I can always tell when it's about to happen because the fans in my PC get really loud and the system soon freezes for about 10-20 seconds and...
  8. Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything?: This has been very annoying for me. It also takes way to long to load. I've already tried renaming a folder and using sfc /scannow and that didn't help either. submitted by /u/qwerty_1236 [link] [comments]...
  9. The computer is crashed with blue screen and restarted when I tried to open the video in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The computer is crashed with blue screen and restarted when I tried to open the video in...: The computer is crashed and restarted when I tried to open the video in MS-team several times with blue screen. The error code was : SYSTEM SERVICES EXCEPTION what failed: SPUVCbv x64 sys...
  10. blue screen crash error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue screen crash error: multiple times a day I randomly get an error saying "FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE" Any help on ways I can get this to stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-crash-error/6caf8954-723a-4109-9761-562e01fc4f89