Windows 10: Blue screen for too many USB plugged

Discus and support Blue screen for too many USB plugged in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the lab where I work we need 20+ devices connected to the same computer via USB. I have 3 powered deltaco HUBs and several devices. Some USB3.0,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lorenzoleandro, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Blue screen for too many USB plugged

In the lab where I work we need 20+ devices connected to the same computer via USB. I have 3 powered deltaco HUBs and several devices. Some USB3.0, some USB2.0, but all hubs are 3.0.
    I install all softwares and drivers individually for each device (each works individually).
    When I try to plug all of them together the computer goes blue screen and will not turn on again until I unplug all usbs.
    Tried with two different computers, windows 7 and windows 10, no change.
    Tried updating all drivers, no change.

Here are some dumps files:
    https://dtudk-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/ftnk-qlably_win_dtu_dk/EWCxUz52fGlLi7XCJPkE8S4BMHYRM7Dc6f6w4mi46qyJGQ?e=cgRPvC

It looks like the problem does not come from one device but from the number. I had crashes with hub1 and no other, but also with hub2 and no other, so it is device independent.

I tried to plug usb very slowly. The computer managed to see all of them. Was working fine for 1h and then crashed spontaneously. Now it turns on but sees no screen, no usb, no ethernet...nothing.

Any ideas?

:)

lorenzoleandro, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 14, 2018
  3. shaine.r Win User
    Blue Screen

when i plug in a external harddrive i get a BLUE SCREEN saying i have a faulty plug and play driver but iv been told plug and play dont use drivers im sooooooooo confused. i have tried the harddrive in all the usb's and it does the same please help

shaine.r, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Blue screen for too many USB plugged

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Blue screen for too many USB plugged

1. Blue screen for too many USB plugged - Similar Threads - Blue screen too

2. Many software issues and many blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many software issues and many blue screens: Many software issues last week: Crashing, not launching, random quits and many more plus random blue screens some times 5 minutes apart from each other so I am typing fast so sorry for the lack of structure to thisSystem:I7 7700RTX 307032gb RAMWindows 10please help!...
  3. Many software issues and many blue screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many software issues and many blue screens: Many software issues last week: Crashing, not launching, random quits and many more plus random blue screens some times 5 minutes apart from each other so I am typing fast so sorry for the lack of structure to thisSystem:I7 7700RTX 307032gb RAMWindows 10please help!...
  4. Many software issues and many blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  6. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  7. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Many many many blue screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many many many blue screen: First, i'm srory for my bad english because I'm french ;) So that's happening more and more since thursday and it's usually when I play a Windows Store game. And it make that too on the other games... It close many apps too, when i'm playing, t's closing and i have to reload...
  9. Laptop Screen Blue Tint when plug/unplug USB's

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Screen Blue Tint when plug/unplug USB's: Hi, this is my first post in TenForums! My laptop is acting weird since a couple months ago. The first time was when I unplugged my external hdd. I noticed that the screen colors turned a bit colder, some sort of blueish tint appeared. On all this time I've noticed that this...
  10. Blue screen for too many USB devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen for too many USB devices: I work in a laboratory where we have to connect several USB devices to the same computer (we have a unified interface for all of them). While I start to build my USB tree (3 powered hubs and around 15 devices), at some point while attaching the Nth USB, the computer crashes....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does having too many usb devices plugged in cause bsod