Windows 10: Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Discus and support Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is an issue I have been having for some time now. It only occurs when playing games and can happen at any time. I have gotten a few different stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by iuppiter, Nov 7, 2017.

1. iuppiter Win User

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

This is an issue I have been having for some time now. It only occurs when playing games and can happen at any time. I have gotten a few different stop codes, but it is usually Page Fault In Nonpaged Area. I have gone through countless forums and tried many fixes, but to no avail. I have completely uninstalled every driver and reinstalled. I have tested each stick of memory. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am to the point of tearing my hair out. Thanks.

Computer:
    Windows 10 Pro
    16 GB DDR4
    Intel i7-7700k 4.2 Ghz
    Asus Maximus IX Hero
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

On Mon 11/6/2017 7:27:22 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110617-6234-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x163960)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF80EB0599DC7, 0x10, 0xFFFFF80EB0599DC7, 0x2)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 11/6/2017 7:27:22 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF80EB0599DC7, 0x10, 0xFFFFF80EB0599DC7, 0x2)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

iuppiter, Nov 7, 2017

2. Windows 10 DPC_Watchdog_Violation

I play a lot of video games but recently any time I load up a game that is online I crash within an hour of playing then get the blue screen of death "DPC_Watchdog_Violations". I know you will need the Minidump files but there was
    no option to upload it.

Zakary2001, Nov 7, 2017
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error (Windows 10)

Hello! Every time I try to play a game I get an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen of death. It only happens when I try to play a game. I installed new drivers two days ago. I think that might be the issue. How exactly do I post my crash dump files and
    fix this? Thanks.

Duston Ploch, Nov 7, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

See posting instructions:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

Please update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Please include PSU, cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless: mouse, keyboard, printer, headset, xbox, etc.

zbook, Nov 7, 2017
  5. iuppiter Win User
    Sorry about that. I think I have all my specs in.

iuppiter, Nov 7, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Hi iuppiter ,

Welcome to Ten Forums BSOD forum.

1) open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    6) open device manager > click view > click show hidden devices > expand all rows and look for items that display yellow icons with black exclamation marks > post images into the thread
    7) find the memory dump file: %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP or C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter each of the above to find results > post into the thread using a one drive or drop box share link.
    8) If you use Ccleaner > click windows tab > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread.
    9) If you use similar software make sure that you are not cleaning dump or windows files.
    10) In the left lower corner type clean > open disk cleanup > look for system error memory dump files > if found post an image into the thread.
    11) In the left lower corner type system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > on the advanced tab click in startup and recovery click settings > post an image into the thread.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10
    12) Windows driver verifier is a tool that is used to find misbehaving drivers.
    It will repetitively produce BSOD until all misbehaving drivers are fixed or untile the tool is turned off.
    Read these links and learn the methods to turn off windows driver verifier.
    Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.
    Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    We will let you know when to turn on the tool.
    13) Create a brand new restore point
    14) backup all files to another drive or to the cloud
    15) create a backup image of the drive using Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    16) Save the backup image to another drive or to the cloud.

zbook, Nov 7, 2017
  7. iuppiter Win User
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.19](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.16299.15Image Version: 10.0.16299.19[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 430080 file records processed.File verification completed. 9376 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 577 reparse records processed. 589496 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found. 577 reparse records processed.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 79709 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 41191976 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 243617791 KB total disk space. 125618328 KB in 320477 files. 222572 KB in 79710 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 552943 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 117223948 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 60904447 total allocation units on disk. 29305987 allocation units available on disk.C:\WINDOWS\system32>

iuppiter, Nov 8, 2017
  8. iuppiter Win User

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games [​IMG]

iuppiter, Nov 8, 2017
  9. iuppiter Win User
    There currently are no crash dump files. They must have been cleared? The were there yesterday afternoon. I will have to play a bit to make it crash again.

iuppiter, Nov 8, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Please report the progress of steps 8 - 11.

zbook, Nov 8, 2017
  11. iuppiter Win User

I turned off windows log files and dump files.

iuppiter, Nov 9, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    Please un-check memory dumps and Windows log files.

zbook, Nov 9, 2017
  13. iuppiter Win User

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -

iuppiter, Nov 9, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    Please un-check automatic restart so that you have time to view BSOD windows. In addition to a bugcheck the windows may display the misbehaving driver in the form *.sys.

zbook, Nov 9, 2017
  15. iuppiter Win User
    Done. Should I now play until it crashes?

iuppiter, Nov 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Death

2. Blue Screen of Death while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death while playing games: SYMBOL_NAME: nt!MiDeletePteRun+187e06MODULE_NAME: ntIMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.22621.3447STACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbIMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exeBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 187e06FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1a_403_nt!MiDeletePteRunOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows 10FAILURE_ID_HASH:...
  3. Blue Screen of Death while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death while playing games: SYMBOL_NAME: nt!MiDeletePteRun+187e06MODULE_NAME: ntIMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.22621.3447STACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbIMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exeBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 187e06FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1a_403_nt!MiDeletePteRunOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows 10FAILURE_ID_HASH:...
  4. Blue screen of death while playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death while playing a game: On 02-18-2023 i was playing a game when unexpectedly my laptop experienced blue screen of death. I was not shocked, because i have experienced bsod last year and the cause was me undervolting cpu too much. I didn't expect to get bsod while playing a game because i have...
  5. Blue screen of death while playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of death while playing a game: On 02-18-2023 i was playing a game when unexpectedly my laptop experienced blue screen of death. I was not shocked, because i have experienced bsod last year and the cause was me undervolting cpu too much. I didn't expect to get bsod while playing a game because i have...
  6. Blue screen of death while playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Blue screens of death and crashing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screens of death and crashing games: Hi, I recently built a computer for gaming. And when trying to play games and even just browsing the web or other miscellaneous stuff, I get blue screens. And one of the more frequent ones is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I’ve looked it up and every webpage keeps saying that...
  8. Blue screens of death when gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screens of death when gaming: Blue Screen of Death issues Hi all, As of yesterday I started having some issues with destiny and it hard crashing my PC which leads to the infamous blue screen of death. I received the screen twice yesterday and once today and the code I got with today’s screen was...
  9. Blue Screen Of Death when playing game

Blue Screen Of Death when playing game: Hello, I was playing a game (Heroes & Generals), and the game consistently crashes and shows a Blue Screen of Death (Kernel Security Check Failure). This is the only game that does this, and I have tried to troubleshoot it with no positive results. Please help. My computer...
  10. blue screen of death when started/playing games

blue screen of death when started/playing games: Hi guys! I am getting a blue screen of death every time I start a game. the game I am testing if the BSOD still appearing is Minecraft (Java edition) I had this problem in Windows 7 and Windows 10 all the drivers are up to date! and updates are installed! serial:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

2. blue screen of death only playing games

3. blue screen of death playing games