Windows 10: Blue Screen with MS reporting error codes

Discus and support Blue Screen with MS reporting error codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the past month my Windows 10 has had 4 blue screens during which MS gathers and reports error codes. This process happens so fast I do not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lpatrick, Sep 29, 2017.

1. lpatrick Win User

Blue Screen with MS reporting error codes

Over the past month my Windows 10 has had 4 blue screens during which MS gathers and reports error codes. This process happens so fast I do not have time to read and record myself. Here is the data gathered after implementing the BSLOD Posting Instructions.

Uploadfiles.io - DESKTOP-N9L0O68-Fri_09_29_2017_225606_35.zip

Thanks

:)

lpatrick, Sep 29, 2017
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Windows 10 blue screen issue - Bad Pool Caller

Hi,

A blue screen error or "BAD_POOL_CALLER" error code has a value of 0x000000C2. This indicates that the thread is making a bad pool request.

You may check this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

For more details, please try this
    link
    and look for ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP)'s reply.

Let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Sep 29, 2017
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Dell OptiPlex 7050 will Blue Screen when use AutoCAD 2018

Have you tried also contacting Autocad? If other people are having the same problem(s) they may be able to narrow in on a specific fix faster than we can.

First error is tough, the "Exception Code:c0000005" is a generic catch all error code. Basically MS's way of saying "oops" without telling us anything useful.

The second error has something to do with fonts. Are you using some sort of custom font when this happens.

The third error appears to be a Windows "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD). Again there is no single cause. It will probably best for you to google/bing the error, ie "bsod code 50" or "Blue screen of death code 50" and try to find fixes that apply to your specific
    situation.

Rohn007, Sep 29, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello,

All the crashes have been triggered by 0x124 errors which are usually indicative of a hardware problem. The usual procedure is to begin testing all your hardware with diagnostic tests to see if you can identify anything that is not functioning correctly. Before you do that I would also advise you to update your bios as this can sort out some BSOD issues related to hardware. If that does not help continue with the tests and report back the results.

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/drivers...29?sku=N0A87AA

Blue Screen with MS reporting error codes [​IMG]
    STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

*Arrow Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

*Arrow Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

*Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

FOUR
    GPU TEST
    *Arrow Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

philc43, Sep 29, 2017
  5. lpatrick Win User
    Thank you for the thorough information. Truthfully, I am not confident in my ability to adequately run the specified tests and to ensure there is no overheating. With that said, I believe it best for me to have a professional repair person evaluate and if necessary repair? What should I tell them up front?

lpatrick, Sep 30, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Hi Ipatrick,

Over the years, the only test that is difficult to use is MemTest86+, but only from time to time, because of booting problems where a few configurations need to be changed which we'll guide you through.

Please try to follow the instructions, if you have any questions about the test or instructions, please ask them beforehand *Smile

7. zbook New Member
    The computer manufacturer HP also has UEFI diagnostics.
    Most computer manufacturers do not have the on board diagnostics.
    Before servicing any computers they have you run these preliminary UEFI diagnostic tests.
    They have some of the diagnostic already installed in the bios (memory, drive). But the full HP diagnostic tests are available from the HP link that philc43 inserted in post #2 (expand diagnostic and download and install hardware diagnostic version 6.4
    This HP diagnostic can also be installed on a bootable flash drive using this source: HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site
    When running the HP diagnostics they are designed to abort testing when there is a fail. The earlier the test in the sequence of testing the more likely it it to abort the testing. So a battery failure will prevent all of the other testing.

So I would encourage you to go thorough the testing outlined by philc43 as they will provide more extensive testing of the hardware. At a minimum you can run the UEFI diagnostics overnight in the loop until failure mode. In the morning you will want to see at least 1 - 2 loops and if you see it still testing that is a good sign. Then click the keyboard escape key to abort the testing. View the logs to confirm the results. If there is a failure there will be a failure code that only HP can decipher.

As axe0 commented we can guide you through the component testing. Once you have all of the testing results you will better be able to make informed decisions about the computer. While the WHEA 0x124 is highly indicative of hardware problems there have been computers fixed by only finding software problems.

zbook, Sep 30, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

Try the BIOS update first. Then we can review the next steps. Generally, temperatures can be allowed to reach 80°C and in most cases can go higher but only for short periods. Try to avoid going over 85°C.

philc43, Sep 30, 2017
  9. lpatrick Win User
    Thank you. I will carefully consider my next course of action.

lpatrick, Sep 30, 2017
  10. lpatrick Win User
    Could updating the BIOS solve the problem?

lpatrick, Sep 30, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    WHEA 0x124 bugcheck can be caused by hardware, and hardware and software drivers but are most likely hardware.
    So a methodical way is needed in the troubleshooting.
    The bios is usually updated first.
    Every update is different so the contents of the update would have to be read and evaluated to see what impact it could have.
    The work up of WHEA is to update the bios, evaluate the drive and RAM/DIMM/Motherboard, and then stress test the CPU and GPU. The PSU will also be evaluated.
    Usually when all of the above steps are completed the information indicates which hardware devices are ruled out and which ones still need troubleshooting and which component is the problematic. Once you know the problematic component you then can better make decisions about what can be repaired and what needs replacement.

zbook, Sep 30, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    Were you able to download and install the HP UEFI diagnostics?
    Can you run them overnight with loop until failure and post the results into the thread.
    Again the HP UEFI diagnostic studies can be downloaded either from the HP drivers with your computers serial or product number or directly from the web with the earlier link.

To run the HP UEFI diagnostics you will power on the computer and repetitively click on the F2 or F10 keys. In the bios then navigate to the UEFI diagnostics. The duration of testing is most influenced by the size of the drive and the memory. Again any component failure automatically aborts the testing with an HP error code. If there is no error code in the AM after overnight testing that is good news. Then press the escape key to abort testing and check the log to confirm the pass result as well as view prior results.

The HP UEFI diagnostics are a battery of tests that can easily be ran while sleeping. If these tests do not detect any underlying problem the above tests that philc43 displayed will be useful in the troubleshooting process.

The event log displays numerous problems with the Mcafee software.
    In addition other software problems include settings for hibernation and fast startup.
    Another problem is the bluetooth adapter.

These are software steps that you can do now:
    1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:
    10 Ways to Open the Command Prompt in Windows 10
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) powercfg.exe /hibernate off
    6) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    7) Uninstall Mcafee and turn on Windows defender:
    Antivirus Software, Internet Security, Spyware and Malware Removal McAfee

zbook, Sep 30, 2017
  13. lpatrick Win User

Today is my wife’s birthday so nothing done so far.

lpatrick, Sep 30, 2017
  14. lpatrick Win User
    Well a different turn. I was advised to run chkdsk/f before other testing or bios update. It ran successfully and I guess found and fixed hard drive problems. The system ran error free for several hours before being turned off. Time will tell is this simple action actually did any good. If not on to the real testing.

Good Night

lpatrick, Sep 30, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Blue Screen with MS reporting error codes - Similar Threads - Blue Screen reporting

2. Blue screen error code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen error code: Error code 0xc0000225 file: \windows\system32\winload.efi on my Lenovo v14 ada https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-code/3047ad2b-cf18-44f1-94c4-76dfc870e6c8
  3. Error Code Blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code Blue screen: My desktop keeps running into the same problem it will either blue screen and show me an error code or it will say there gfx.exe update failure. Any information that can help is greatly appreciated....
  4. Blue screen error code.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen error code.: There was some power outage and my laptop went off,on switching it on it displays a blue screen with a error code and says,your pc encountered a problem we will restart it for you then it goes off,on a second start up it gives four options,press nter to try again,escape,F8...
  5. Blue screen error code.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen error code.: There was some power outage and my laptop went off,on switching it on it displays a blue screen with a error code and says,your pc encountered a problem we will restart it for you then it goes off,on a second start up it gives four options,press nter to try again,escape,F8...
  6. blue screen error code

blue screen error code: My window have the following problem. The error code is "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". I can not find any solutions for this error code. How can I solve this error? [IMG]...
  7. Blue screen error code?

Blue screen error code?: I just got the error code kinoivid.sys in a blue screen I played Mordern Warfare and watched Yt I have a GTX 1070, an I7 8700k and 16GB Ram Blue Screen fehlercode?
  8. blue screen error code

blue screen error code: I use win 10 and keep getting a blue screen error code 0x000000d1 driver irql not less or equal mwac system. How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-code/fef58dca-322e-489a-9dbd-5d78cece23fb
  9. Blue screen error code

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen error code: My laptop is repeatedly shutting down. A blue screen first appears with: Netwtw06.sys Please advise on solution to resolve. Thank you, Tony *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. Error Reporting to MS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error Reporting to MS: I check out my Reliability History fairly regularly and often find an error there. However when I try Check for Solution I get Problem Uploading to Windows Error Reporting - please try again later. Is there some setting that I need to activate or is there a real problem in my...