Windows 10: Blue startup screen flickering - HP Laptop

Discus and support Blue startup screen flickering - HP Laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, When Windows 10 starts there is a blue screen that appears with the "Please wait" icon loading logo on it. The same screen appears on my HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lolcocks, Nov 24, 2015.

1. lolcocks Win User

Blue startup screen flickering - HP Laptop

Hi,
    When Windows 10 starts there is a blue screen that appears with the "Please wait" icon loading logo on it.

The same screen appears on my HP Laptop, however without the Please wait and loading icon, the mouse it there and the screen just keeps flickering.

Like black, then blue then black, then blue and the mouse has that aero cursor with loading round symbol next to it, which too is going away and then coming back. Constantly.

This started happening since today morning when I turned on WiFi and then the laptop restarted and this error started happening.
    The screen keeps flickering constantly with no end to it. It just keeps on happening.

I can boot into Safe Mode, but don't know what to do in it.
    I have tried most of the basic solutions but with no solution.
    Please help, I am ready to provide all logs.

:)

lolcocks, Nov 24, 2015
  2. Meg Siri Win User

After updating to Windows 10 Screen Flickering occurs before I can log in

When I get to the login page of windows 10, the screen starts to flicker with my computer background and a blue loading screen before I can even log in. Sometimes its black and blue. I have already tried booting in safe mode, and enabling low resolution
    to try and delete the video adapters; I also tried Ctrl + Alt + Del and Ctrl + Alt +Esc to access the login screen ,but no luck.

I decided to reset the computer and everything was working perfectly until I restarted the computer and windows was updating. Then when it turned back on, the problem started again. This is an HP Pavilion G series laptop and it
    doesn't have a screen because its broken and I removed it so I just connect the laptop through HDMI. Would this be considered a video adapter problem and is there anyway to fix the flickering?

Meg Siri, Nov 24, 2015
  3. Rayyan12 Win User
    Laptop Crashed.... Help!! (Plz)

Hi, my laptop recently crashed. It went to a blue screen, so I restarted it and it went to a different blue screen. It says 'Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired' It has an error code (error code: 0xc000185) and has three options. It has 'try again'
    'startup settings' and 'UEFI Firmware settings'. Whenever I choose Startup or try again, it comes back to the same screen after saying loading.
    How do I fix my laptop? (The laptop is by HP)

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Rayyan12, Nov 24, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, try disabling your WiFi driver in Control Panel, Device Manager when in safe mode and try rebooting to normal mode.

If that fails, try a clean boot to normal mode. (Disable all startups in task manager, non-MS services in msconfig (Win key + R, type msconfig in the box).

Please post back when done or if tried already.
    If you can provide info on whether your build is a clean install of Win 10 or an upgrade, that could be of interest.

You appear to be reporting a similar problem on both PCs, which tends to suggest an incompatible program on both.

Please also advise if you have successfully ever booted to normal mode in Win 10 on these. It seems you did with your laptop.

Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 24, 2015
  5. lolcocks Win User
    I have tried both the things, nothing is working.

It's a clean install, are there any other options?

Also, I only have this issue on the laptop, not on any other PCs. *Sad

Is there any other way of providing logs?

lolcocks, Nov 24, 2015
  6. lolcocks Win User

So this error just showed up after I installed avast! anti virus in safe mode to do a scan but I wasn't able to do a scan in safe mode, so I scheduled a boot time scan for which I restarted but the scheduled scan didn't show up and the laptop started as normal and then the following error showed up.

Check attachment.

Blue startup screen flickering - HP Laptop [​IMG]

lolcocks, Nov 24, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    Did you do this with your desktop too?
    So uninstall Avast.. retry.
    (Do you have system restore on? Any disk images?)

Note that others in this forum have previously reported Avast as incompatible with Win 10, but how true that is at this date I don't know.

dalchina, Nov 24, 2015
  8. lolcocks Win User

Dude, what other desktop are you talking about?

I only have this problem on one laptop, that too is my friend's.
    System restore is there but it's very old and I will lose lot of stuff.

And I installed avast! in safe mode after this error showed up.

I just need to reset my LogonUI.exe.
    How do I do that?
    Start up repair using a Windows 10 USB disk is not working.

lolcocks, Nov 24, 2015
  9. dalchina New Member
    Dude, if you completed your specs properly 'Computer Type PC/Desktop' I might not think you had both.

This phraseology appears also you might be talking about two devices.
    When Windows 10 starts there is a blue screen that appears with the "Please wait" icon loading logo on it.

The same screen appears on my HP Laptop, - the same screen as on your desktop, perhaps??

Clarity helps. The lack of it doesn't.

I'm not familiar with the term 'dude' but assume it could be pejorative.

dalchina, Nov 24, 2015
  10. lolcocks Win User
    Ahhhh crap, I didn't notice I screwed that up. My apologies. English isn't my first language but I am trying my best.
    Sorry.

lolcocks, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Blue startup screen flickering - HP Laptop - Similar Threads - Blue startup screen

2. PC screen Flickering on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen Flickering on startup: Whenever I turn on my laptop my pc screen starts flickering and going black but when I restart my pc it gets fixed.....so any permanent solution for this issue?.......I am currently of windows 11 version 22h222621.1194 stable build....
  3. PC screen Flickering on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC screen Flickering on startup: Whenever I turn on my laptop my pc screen starts flickering and going black but when I restart my pc it gets fixed.....so any permanent solution for this issue?.......I am currently of windows 11 version 22h222621.1194 stable build....
  4. Deleted Registry Files, Flickering and Blue Screen of Death on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Registry Files, Flickering and Blue Screen of Death on Startup: I was trying to switch Xbox live accounts, and there was no switch account button. I followed this post's guide Here's How to Switch Accounts on Xbox App Windows 10 - Microsoft Community and deleted the Xbox live registry. Now when ever I turn on my computer and sign in, the...
  5. Deleted Registry Files, Flickering and Blue Screen of Death on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Registry Files, Flickering and Blue Screen of Death on Startup: I was trying to switch Xbox live accounts, and there was no switch account button. I followed this post's guide Here's How to Switch Accounts on Xbox App Windows 10 - Microsoft Community and deleted the Xbox live registry. Now when ever I turn on my computer and sign in, the...
  6. Deleted Registry Files, Flickering and Blue Screen of Death on Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. hp laptop blue screen

hp laptop blue screen: You should never give a knife to a four year old to play with nor let an 83yo try to install stuff on a old lap top!*Eek It is a 6year old HP pavillion (spl) with w 10 installed and was working. Disk is only half full. My question is how do you force it to open so you can...
  8. Screen flickering in HP pavillion laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering in HP pavillion laptop: I have an HP Pavillion laptop but I have an issue regarding screen flickering from a few days ago. the display doesn't flicker at a certain brightness. if I change the brightness level screen start to flicker on battery mode if it is connected to the AC power supply it...
  9. HP laptop recovery blue screen and hp updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop recovery blue screen and hp updates: Hello, My HP laptop will keeps running the preparing automatic repair screen to the following blue screen: [ATTACH] Is it possible to fix it myself? My other laptop has HP updates for recovery manager, notebook system BIOS, system event utility, and PC hardware...
  10. blue screen of death HP laptop

blue screen of death HP laptop: Hi My sons laptop has blue screen with code 0xc0000225. I have tried several suggestions to fix it but to no avail. Can't system restore as it says Norton preventing it, but can't access anything on laptop to uninstall Norton. Downloaded windows 10 onto new USB , but no...