Windows 10: Bluescreen Crashes While Playing Various Games

Discus and support Bluescreen Crashes While Playing Various Games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The games I'm getting these problems with are Killing Floor 2, Fallout 4, and GTA V. I'm not doing anything in particular to cause these crashes, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Panthon13, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Panthon13 Win User

Bluescreen Crashes While Playing Various Games

The games I'm getting these problems with are Killing Floor 2, Fallout 4, and GTA V. I'm not doing anything in particular to cause these crashes, they seem to just happen over a certain amount of time, with Killing Floor 2 about 15 minutes of game play.

Attachment 59638

Thank you for any help, and let me know if you need any more information.

:)

Panthon13, Jan 18, 2016

2. Blue Screen on Pc while gaming

I recently bought a brand new pc to play games on, but when I play games like Far Cry 4, GTA V, Fallout 4 I get bluescreens. The error message is nearly always different ive had CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. When looking at bluescreen
    view it tells me the file causing it is ntoskrnl.exe, sometimes their is a second file causing it but recently it has just been ntoskrnl.exe. I usually get to play about 15mins of the game then it bluescreens. Older games like Fallout NV, Dishonered, GTA IV
    run fine and dont crash. Please if someone can help please do

MichaelHall628, Jan 18, 2016
  3. Rizz_20 Win User
    Bluescreen while playing games

i have the same problem, and this is my dmp files

Minidump.zip

Rizz_20, Jan 18, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

Many dumpfiles mention memory corruption and hardware (Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!ADAPTER_RENDER)

Start with testing your memory and stressing your GPU
    Please start withdiagnosing the system RAM first. You can use the free tool "Memtest86+"to stress test the RAM.

How to run "Memtest" - RAM -Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Help Forums

Make sure you are using the latest version 5.01 - Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory DiagnosticTool

You can stop the test even if a single error is found during the test.Otherwise continue the test for 7-10 passes and post a screenshot with nextreply. 7 passes is the recommended bare minimum but more passes will givebetter result.

Run "Prime95"stability test.
    Hardware- Stress Test With Prime95 -Windows 7 Help Forums

Choose"SmallFFT" test and also select "Round offChecking"from "Advanced" menu (read reply #1). Runthe test for 3-4hours and upload the "Result.txt" file itcreates.

Videotest Furmark

FurMarkdownload site: FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Cardand GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature |oZone3D.Net
    FurMark Setup:
    - If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
    - In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPUTemperature"
    Click "Go" to start the test (Looks like it's "BURN-INtest" now)
    - Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start havingproblems (whichever comes first).
    NOTE: Set the alarm to go off at 90ºC. Then watch the system from thatpoint on. If the system doesn't display a temperature, watch it constantly andturn it off at the first sign of video problems. DO NOT leave itit unmonitored, it can DAMAGE your videocard!!!
    If the temperature gets above 100ºC, quitthe test - the video card is overheating.
    - Click "Quit" to exit

What you are looking for:
    - excessive heat from the GPU (report back with anything over 90ºC)
    - problems with the video display (picture is distorted or jumbled, pictureturns black, etc)
    - problems reported by the program (I haven't seen this, but "just incase")

If both tests show/give no errors.
    And your system keeps BSOD-ing.

You can enable"Driver Verifier" according to instructions from the below link

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html
    "Verifier" is a Microsoft's own tool to stress test third partydrivers and find the buggy one. If it detects a violation, a blue screen willbe created immediately and the dump will give us the name of offending driver straight forward. After enabling "Verifier" , system will be a bit slow and laggy during to the background verification process. After you got two or more blue screens, please upload the new crash dumps and we will know whether the issue is caused by third party drivers or low level hardware (averifier enabled dump which blames Windows system files is a clear confirmation of hardware problem).
    "Verifier" should be only used to monitor third party drivers.Selecting Microsoft system drivers is totally unnecessary and doing so may make the system nonbootable. First read instructions from the below link and set "Windows" to write "Small Memory dumps".
    SetMiniDump
    Then enable "verifier" and select all.

lifetec, Jan 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Bluescreen Crashes While Playing Various Games - Similar Threads - Bluescreen Crashes While

2. Bluescreening while watching youtube or playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreening while watching youtube or playing games: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2022-‎06-‎09 10:03 AMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1a8Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4:...
  3. Bluescreening while watching youtube or playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreening while watching youtube or playing games: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2022-‎06-‎09 10:03 AMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1a8Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4:...
  4. Laptop Bluescreen while playing Online Games

Laptop Bluescreen while playing Online Games: My Laptop Bsods Because of Playing Online Game LikeCS:GOAndWarzoneAnd Never Happens To Offline Gamesi did sfc /scannow and still bsodsIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALdxgmms2.sys...
  5. Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I have been getting crashes specifically while playing VR and during more demanding moments specifically, Alyx, often but not exclusively when loading levels and sometimes in other situations. It's a hard problem to reproduce because it usually happens during an extended play...
  6. Constant bluescreens while trying to play games

Constant bluescreens while trying to play games: MiniToolBox by Farbar Version: 17-06-2016 Ran by danie administrator on 25-11-2020 at 08:47:21 Running from "C:\Users\danie\Downloads" Microsoft Windows 10 Home X64 Model: X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Boot Mode: Normal...
  7. Bluescreening while playing games.

Bluescreening while playing games.: Hello, Several times over the last few days, my computer has bluescreened while playing two different games. Using Event Viewer, I obtained this info on the crash: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xffffc83a4438d388,...
  8. Games Crashes While Playing

Games Crashes While Playing: Few days ago I've done clean installation the windows 10 version 2004. After that, while I'm playing games, sometimes the games just crashed and stop the program. So, what can I do now? And how to fix it?...
  9. Game crashes while playing

Game crashes while playing: Basically I will be playing my game and out of nowhere I will get a random crash, i looked into the Event Viewer and this is my error Faulting application name: ModernWarfare.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5dd6a13e Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  10. Numerous BSODs while playing various games

Numerous BSODs while playing various games: Hi all, I have been encountering numerous BSODs of different bug check strings since 30th Aug (last Wed). I noticed that the BSODs happen whenever I'm in any game, from Just Cause 3 to Euro Truck Simulator 2. The BSOD would occur after 30mins - 1 hour of gameplay. I've...