Windows 10: Bluetooth and Network Adapters

Discus and support Bluetooth and Network Adapters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ever since Build 10041 of Windows 10, I've had trouble getting onto the Internet and staying there . . . it was a virtual impossibility! Yesterday,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wynona, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Bluetooth and Network Adapters

Ever since Build 10041 of Windows 10, I've had trouble getting onto the Internet and staying there . . . it was a virtual impossibility!

Yesterday, after advice and help from many here, I went into Device Manager for the umpteenth time to see if I could update my network drivers. Windows told me I had the latest and greatest and things were running smoothly. NOT!

Anyway, I noticed that Bluetooth had the yellow splat on it. So, I right clicked and then clicked on Update Driver Software. DM promptly went out and got new drivers for it!

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
    Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

Whatever those are, after updating Bluetooth, they showed up in my Network Adapters and now I am able to get onto the Internet and stay there!

Bluetooth and Network Adapters [​IMG]

I am going to give feedback on this because it may be helpful to someone else.

:)

Wynona, Apr 13, 2015

2. N70 connection problem via bluetooth to pc suite

hi

there is no bluetooth radio but in network adapter it shows

bluetooth personal network adapter from toshiba

funnygem75, Apr 13, 2015
  3. _RaFi_ Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Stuck in Airplane Mode

Not sure if it helps: I have a USB WiFi network adapter, an on-board Ethernet network adapter and a USB Bluetooth dongle.

_RaFi_, Apr 13, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

So now you can smoothly update to 10049? *Smile

badrobot, Apr 13, 2015
  5. Wynona Win User
    Oooohhhhhh, yeah, and beyond, thanks to you! *Smile

I installed 10056 and still had the issue. Edwin and Adam urged me to try for newer drivers . . . and the rest is Internet Success!

Why Bluetooth was the key to my problems, I'll never know, but what the hey . . . things are working fine now! *Dinesh

Wynona, Apr 13, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    Most Notebooks with Bluetooth have the adapter as part of the Wireless adapter, turn one off and the other is off. I have seen Desktops, particularly the SFF/Small Form Factor, have both Wired and Wireless adapters, a couple even use the same power supply as used with Notebooks, makes me think the motherboard is much the same as on Notebooks.

Berton, Apr 13, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    This is a full tower desktop, Berton. As far as I know, all desktops (for the past few years) have both WiFi and Wired adapters. When I was still building my own, I wouldn't buy a motherboard if it didn't have both.

I just discovered (while troubleshooting) that this computer has a 300 Watt power supply, which to me is totally inadequate!

Wynona, Apr 13, 2015
  8. Bluetooth and Network Adapters

October 11, 2015

Just an FYI to potentially help others avoid the frustration I've endured the past 2 days with getting Windows 10 on this Desktop P.C. to recognize and "pair" with Bluetooth devices. I'm using a Bluetooth adapter, plugged into a USB Port.

Windows 10 kept labeling my Bluetooth device as a "Generic" when doing it's scan for Bluetooth devices. When I clicked on this generic device, Win10 couldn't connect/pair to it.

What I learned is that the software which comes with these Bluetooth USB dongles is not needed with Windows10. If you have the software installed, it can/will interfere with Window10's native ability to properly identify the device, download the compatible drivers, and connect to it.

I uninstalled the software that came with the Bluetooth adapter and Win10 auto-downloaded everything it needed, and the device (wireless headphones) paired instantly, sound great, and even have more sound customization settings in Win10 than they had in Win7.

Note: I don't think Win10 is supporting all the Bluetooth adapter dongles yet. I have two. A Kinivo and an Asus. The Kinivo didn't work with it's software installed, or using Windows10's native Bluetooth connectivity. It's the Asus adapter that works great. Good thing I had the Asus as a spare. Was using the Kinivo as primary with Win10.

-Allen

AllenChicago, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bluetooth and Network Adapters - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Network Adapters

2. bluetooth adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth adapter: hello there, the bluetooth in my lenovo thinkpad did not have on/off switch, so i want to uninstall the bluetooth driver but by mistake i uninstalled the bluetooth adapter completely from device manager... i installed from the google and lenovo the drivers but the adapter...
  3. Wifi and Bluetooth not showing in network adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Bluetooth not showing in network adapters: I tried installing a new GeForce driver update, but my computer froze after the install so I hard restarted. Ever since then, WiFi does not show up at all and Bluetooth can not connect to anything. I've been fiddling with a lot of the tutorials on how to fix WiFi issues, but...
  4. Wifi and Bluetooth not showing in network adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Bluetooth not showing in network adapters: I tried installing a new GeForce driver update, but my computer froze after the install so I hard restarted. Ever since then, WiFi does not show up at all and Bluetooth can not connect to anything. I've been fiddling with a lot of the tutorials on how to fix WiFi issues, but...
  5. Wi-Fi Network Adapter and Bluetooth Network Adapter randomly appearing and dissapering...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wi-Fi Network Adapter and Bluetooth Network Adapter randomly appearing and dissapering...: I have another laptop created by ASUS the OEM 1-2 years ago with a brand nameX407MA-BV201T with 4 GB of RAM and an Intel Celeron N4000 and with a legitimate Windows 10 Home Single Language license already programmed by the OEM on the device which makes it easier to activate....
  6. Uninstalled bluetooth network adapter

Uninstalled bluetooth network adapter: Hello, I was trying to fix my machine after it told me that I no longer had any Bluetooth services and I uninstalled the bluetooth under network adapters. When I rebooted, it was still gone, even after scanning for hardware changes. I have tried to install a new driver from...
  7. Bluetooth adapter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth adapter: i have a fujitsu lifebook lh532 laptop. i upgraded to windows 10 2 years ago. i want to get a bluetooth adapter and have been told by fujitsu tech support that their adapter does not have windows 10 drivers available. can you make a recommendation or provide another solution....
  8. Bluetooth adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth adapter: I have two hard drives on my computer, one with High Sierra, and the other with Windows 10, my bluetooth adapter works on Mac without problems, but when using on windows my earphone does not connect, someone can help me ? submitted by /u/AxlSand [link] [comments]...
  9. linksys bluetooth network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    linksys bluetooth network adapter: what does the network adapter actualy do? So what is the Why we have it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linksys-bluetooth-network-adapter/51090549-8ef8-45ce-9964-8f0cbce47fa6
  10. Bluetooth adapter

Bluetooth adapter: I was having trouble with my bluetooth connected mouse dropping out. I changed the batteries and tried to re- pair the device. Bluetooth was not recognising the mouse, so I uninstalled it and tried again. Still no recognition. I tried the troubleshooter and received a...