Windows 10: Bluetooth audio cuts out with some programs

Discus and support Bluetooth audio cuts out with some programs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've got two different Bluetooth audio headsets I recently purchased and they will sometimes not play audio with certain programs. As an example,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NathanBair, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Bluetooth audio cuts out with some programs

Hi, I've got two different Bluetooth audio headsets I recently purchased and they will sometimes not play audio with certain programs. As an example, I can listen to spotify right now with the settings page open to Bluetooth & other devices, but if I click on Sound settings the audio dies instantly. If I go back it will start again. The headsets both have another audio setting (Hands-Free) which has poor audio but won't die depending on the program. I've checked drivers, restarted the Windows Audio, and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services (I've seen Windows Audio crash once, but right now the audio is failing and the Windows Audio is running), restarted the computer, connected and disconnected the headsets, etc.

Bluetooth adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.1

Headsets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019U00D7K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072J9CNHH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Motherboard: MSI X99a Godlike Gaming

CPU: I&-6950x

Windows 10 Pro

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

:)

NathanBair, Aug 8, 2018

2. Bluetooth audio cuts out with some programs

Hi, I've got two different Bluetooth audio headsets I recently purchased and they will sometimes not play audio with certain programs. As an example, I can listen to spotify right now with the settings page open to Bluetooth & other devices, but if I click
    on Sound settings the audio dies instantly. If I go back it will start again. The headsets both have another audio setting (Hands-Free) which has poor audio but won't die depending on the program. I've checked drivers, restarted the Windows Audio, and Windows
    Audio Endpoint Builder services (I've seen Windows Audio crash once, but right now the audio is failing and the Windows Audio is running), restarted the computer, connected and disconnected the headsets, etc.

Bluetooth adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.1

Headsets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019U00D7K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072J9CNHH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Motherboard: MSI X99a Godlike Gaming

CPU: I&-6950x

Windows 10 Pro

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

NathanBair, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Bluetooth Audio Cutting In and Out/Choppy

Hi All,

I have been battling with this for a few weeks now, I have got myself some good quality bluetooth headphones, which work perfectly on my android phone (Samsung S7 Edge).

I paired them with my work computer which is running Windows 10 Pro x64, the system itself is i5-7500 with 8 GB Ram, and the sound is so choppy it is unusable.

I have tried everything:

1: Uninstalling the drivers from device manager, rebooting and letting windows install the default drivers.
    2: Installing the latest Widcomm Bluetooth Drivers (12.0.1.940)
    3: Changed all the settings as recommended from the various posts on the web including changing the headphones service to Audio Sink only.

Nothing works, the Audio is cutting out very rapidly, sometimes 1-2 times a second, then it might be fine for a few seconds then starts again.

The bluetooth does not get disconnected, it is just the audio. It is pretty much unusable as it stands.

Please can someone help me out with this?

cyph3r5hark, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Bluetooth audio cuts out with some programs

windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest to use a different Bluetooth speaker and check if the same issue persists. Also try using the current speaker with different computer running Windows 10 and check. As you are getting Crackles or warning sound it might be an issue with hardware.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth audio cuts out with some programs

1. Bluetooth audio cuts out with some programs - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio cuts

2. Bluetooth speaker audio on Windows 10 cuts in and out.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth speaker audio on Windows 10 cuts in and out.: I troubleshoot the bluetooth in Windows and it tells me "Check Bluetooth radio status (FIXED)". Every time I run the troubleshooting., I get this message. All Bluetooth drivers are up to date. I double checked in device manager. Bluetooth speaker is default sound under...
  3. Bluetooth Disconnects Randomly, Sound Cuts In & Out

Bluetooth Disconnects Randomly, Sound Cuts In & Out: I recently got my first computer build up and running and finally was able to install Windows 10 without an issue. It seems that one problem arises after another is solved though. I have a pair of Beats by Dre Solo Wireless 3 headphones that I've been trying to connect to...
  4. Audio Cutting out in Forza Horizon 4 for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Cutting out in Forza Horizon 4 for PC: Running an Intel i7 3770k @ 4.7 GHz with 16GB of RAM, with a Zotac RTX 2080 AMP video card. I'm getting a steady 100FPS on highest settings, but the audio and game are constantly hitching. Here is a video of the issue: https://youtu.be/LjN2Rdb8BxY I'm using a bluetooth...
  5. Streaming Audio Cuts Out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Streaming Audio Cuts Out: Very recently I replaced an aging laptop running Win 7 with new, high powered, Win 10 one. But when I try to listen to SiriusXM using Edge, the sound cuts out for periods of 30sec or longer, sometimes stopping altogether. Changing channels brings it right back. When I fire...
  6. Program short cuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program short cuts: How do I create a shortcut on my desktop to Calculator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-short-cuts/7cf9cd9c-3c38-4088-a2b6-80fea8d51430"
  7. Bluetooth constantly cutting in and out since last Windows update

Bluetooth constantly cutting in and out since last Windows update: I've got some Bluetooth headphones that I use regularly. They were working completely fine with my Windows 10 PC until the most recent update, now Bluetooth constantly gets choppy and distorted or straight up cuts out. It's super frustrating. I'm using a Bluetooth USB adapter...
  8. Audio Cut-out ProblemI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Cut-out ProblemI: I am using iTunes to play CDs (purchased from Apple). On playing any CD, my audio suddenly cuts out (i.e.., no sound). The audio will restart by pressing the space-bar (or most other keys). The audio then continues plays for a few more minutes, then cuts out again. This is a...
  9. Bluetooth Audio Cutting In and Out/Choppy

Bluetooth Audio Cutting In and Out/Choppy: Hi All, I have been battling with this for a few weeks now, I have got myself some good quality bluetooth headphones, which work perfectly on my android phone (Samsung S7 Edge). I paired them with my work computer which is running Windows 10 Pro x64, the system itself...
  10. Audio and Video freezing, lagging and cutting out (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audio and Video freezing, lagging and cutting out (Windows 10): Hi, I know that there have been alot of posts about this issue, but I have tried everything. When I stream hd videos on (youtube, netflix or play any video games) my audio and sometimes video freeeze for 5 sec, and it happens around every 10 seconds, in addition sometimes the...