Windows 10: Bluetooth audio lag

Discus and support Bluetooth audio lag in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have some issues with the audioquality. Using a SurfaceBook2 and Boose QuietComfort. Everytime the computer has been in sleepmode the audio "lag".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Calle Bjernekull, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Bluetooth audio lag

I have some issues with the audioquality. Using a SurfaceBook2 and Boose QuietComfort. Everytime the computer has been in sleepmode the audio "lag". It's like the sound "snaps" for like half a second, about every 10-20 second.

There are two workarounds that i've found that actually works, but its really annoying that I need to do this every time I open my computer:

Workaround 1

Open Settings - Devices - Bluetooth. Disable bluetooth

Open Windows Services. Restart the service "Bluetooth Support Service"

Go back to bluetooth settings and enable bluetooth again

Workaround 2

Open troubleshooter

Choose "Bluetooth" under "Other problems"

Run the wizard

What can I do so I don't need to do this everytime?

:)

Calle Bjernekull, Aug 20, 2018

2. Bluetooth audio lag on windows 10...

Add me to the list. My soundcard headphone jack went out and I just tried some bluetooth headphones only to discover the lag. What a bummer.

Consultant1027, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Scott-SF Win User
    Bluetooth audio lag on windows 10...

Jenicel,

You send a consumer question to a MSDN piece on lowering audio latency in Win10?! What are we supposed to do, rewrite the audio drivers ourselves to use the new APIs?!

This is no helpful at all. It seems this audio lag is a known problem in Windows but doesn't happen enough to get any attention? I have two different brands of bluetooth headsets that both have this video-audio lag on windows but not on my Android devices.
    It's very frustrating that MS experts are so clewless.

Scott-SF, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Bluetooth audio lag

Asus M32cd bluetooth audio lag

Hi Jessie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues using Bluetooth speakers.

I suggest you to runthe Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickonHardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab01

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth audio lag

1. Bluetooth audio lag - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio lag

2. Headphone Virtualization audio lags Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Virtualization audio lags Bluetooth: Hi.I have been using my Redmi Earbuds 2C with my pc since 2 months now.Suddenly since a day or two, my Bluetooth earphone started having distorted audio.Every time the "Headphone Virtualization" effect is switched on, the audio distorts. I am accustomed to using the effect,...
  3. Headphone Virtualization audio lags Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Virtualization audio lags Bluetooth: Hi.I have been using my Redmi Earbuds 2C with my pc since 2 months now.Suddenly since a day or two, my Bluetooth earphone started having distorted audio.Every time the "Headphone Virtualization" effect is switched on, the audio distorts. I am accustomed to using the effect,...
  4. Headphone Virtualization audio lags Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth audio stuttering and lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio stuttering and lag: This problem persists for 2 months. I cannot use a Bluetooth headset with my HP because the audio and video are constantly interrupted by static. I can successfully connect and pair my device with the laptop, but for example YouTube videos lag and stutter. There is constant...
  6. Bluetooth audio stuttering and lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio stuttering and lag: This problem persists for 2 months. I cannot use a Bluetooth headset with my HP because the audio and video are constantly interrupted by static. I can successfully connect and pair my device with the laptop, but for example YouTube videos lag and stutter. There is constant...
  7. Bluetooth audio stuttering and lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bluetooth audio stuttering and lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth audio stuttering and lagging: This issue has persisted for 5 months now. I am unable to use bluetooth headphones with my Dell XPS 15 9550 because audio and video is constantly interrupted with static. I am able to properly connect and pair my device to the laptop but for example youtube videos lag down...
  9. Bluetooth audio stutter and lag on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio stutter and lag on Windows 10: As the title says, audio is lagging very much on Windows 10 with bluetooth earbuds (ATH-CKS5TW). Sometimes i hear parts of audio skipping ahead a bit but mostly it's plain loss of audio for a milisecond and this happens all the time after about 5 or 15 seconds. I have tried...
  10. Bluetooth mouse causes bluetooth headset audio lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth mouse causes bluetooth headset audio lag: My computer is Windows 10 1909, msi gv62 7rf laptop. Headset is sbh70, mouse is logitech m337. I found a weird situation that if i uses bluetooth mouse, my headset's audio will lag, but if i turn off mouse, headset will work normally. also sometimes my mouse will lag too....