Windows 10: Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle

Discus and support Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there! *Biggrin I decided to reinstall Windows 10 Pro a few days ago after being on 8.1 for a few months to see what improvements had been made.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oneofakwon, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle

Hi there! *Biggrin

I decided to reinstall Windows 10 Pro a few days ago after being on 8.1 for a few months to see what improvements had been made. Everything seems to be working fine - except my Beats Wireless headset. I notice now that whenever I stop playing audio for a little while (for instance, I paused a video for about five to ten minutes earlier to eat) and then start again, I get no sound. I checked my sound properties and they remain selected as the default during these times, but it doesn't show any sound being played. They also remain connected under my Bluetooth settings.
    The only fix seems to be either pairing them again or restarting. It's a real pain in the butt, especially since they never did this when I was on Windows 8.1 *cry*cry*cry
    Thanks in advance for any help you may provide! *Smile

-Sami

:)

oneofakwon, Oct 28, 2016

2. My Bluetooth mouse stops working after an idle period in the Creators Update

I recently installed the Windows 10 Creators Update and now my Bluetooth mouse stops working after it idles. I have a Realtek Bluetooth radio. Any suggestions?

Harold Fra, Oct 28, 2016
  3. Neil1020 Win User
    My Bluetooth mouse stops working after an idle period in the Creators Update

I had the same problem with my Designer Mouse freezing every hour or so for a few seconds.

What I found in Device manager under most of the Bluetooth device events was it "requires further installation" and the only drivers for me are built in to Windows 10.

What I did was to go to Device Manager > Bluetooth and remove all instances of my Designer mouse, Bluetooth LE Attribute Service (you'll loose your mouse while you do this) and all other Bluetooth devices.

Reboot

Then head to Settings > Bluetooth & other device and redetect the mouse.

Now the problem came back once and then I redetected the mouse once more (now shows two mice) and now this only happens maybe once a week for less than a sec.

Hope this helps!

Neil1020, Oct 28, 2016
Thema:

Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle

1. Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio stops

2. Bluetooth Audio Receiver is not working Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Audio Receiver is not working Idle: I have been using the "Bluetooth Audio Receiver" software from the Microsoft Store for over a year and have never had any problems with it. However, the programme has not recognised my mobile phone for a month now. I have tried several things, but none of them helped. I have...
  3. Bluetooth Audio Receiver is not working Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Audio Receiver is not working Idle: I have been using the "Bluetooth Audio Receiver" software from the Microsoft Store for over a year and have never had any problems with it. However, the programme has not recognised my mobile phone for a month now. I have tried several things, but none of them helped. I have...
  4. Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working: I've recently been having the issue of;Connecting my bluetooth headphones to the laptop -- goes well, no problem, says "Connected, Audio" next to the headphones in bluetooth settings.Play some videos, games, music, etc.. go about my day -- goes well, no problem, headphones...
  5. Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working

Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working: I've recently been having the issue of;Connecting my bluetooth headphones to the laptop -- goes well, no problem, says "Connected, Audio" next to the headphones in bluetooth settings.Play some videos, games, music, etc.. go about my day -- goes well, no problem, headphones...
  6. printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle: We have had our printer working fine, but whenever the computer is idle for a long period, or if there has been a restart, it stops working. When sending a print job, the printer wakes up, but does not print. The queue indicates the job was finished. Troubleshooter reveals no...
  7. printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle: We have had our printer working fine, but whenever the computer is idle for a long period, or if there has been a restart, it stops working. When sending a print job, the printer wakes up, but does not print. The queue indicates the job was finished. Troubleshooter reveals no...
  8. printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Audio spiking dramatically after being idle?

Audio spiking dramatically after being idle?: So I've been dealing with this for a while and everything I can find is either from 2015-16 or simply hasn't worked. Basically my volume will jump to near maximum whenever it's been silent for a few moments, namely when I pause a video and unpause it later or when I get a...
  10. Bluetooth headphones audio gets choppy after being left idle for any period of time.

Bluetooth headphones audio gets choppy after being left idle for any period of time.: Hello, so here is my problem: I am running Windows 10 64 bit and I have a set of Bose AE2 Soundlink wireless Bluetooth headphones. The audio works perfectly fine at first, but if I let it sit idle for, let's say, longer than a minute, the audio will be choppy; by this, I...