Windows 10: Bluetooth connection asks for pin, none is needed

Discus and support Bluetooth connection asks for pin, none is needed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I've got a Canon bluetooth mouse, which has worked for years, and is still working now. I've used it on two laptops; a Surface 4 pro, and a Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vomovje, Aug 1, 2018.

1. vomovje Win User

Bluetooth connection asks for pin, none is needed

So, I've got a Canon bluetooth mouse, which has worked for years, and is still working now. I've used it on two laptops; a Surface 4 pro, and a Dell laptop from work. The mouse only seems to be able to 'remember' one device, so if I switch between the surface and the laptop (which I do every few days, usually), I usually need to remove the device and then reconnect. The mouse has a pairing button, which makes it visible and accepting of connections. It never asked for a pin, and the manual doesn't specify one.

A few weeks back, when switching to the laptop, the laptop suddenly asked for a pin. I thought it odd, rebooted the thing, and tried again. It then asked again. I checked for updates (there were none; it had updated the night before), shut down antivirus and everything else, and it still asked. I removed the bluetooth adapter from device manager with its drivers, rebooted, waited for windows update to reinstall the whole thing, and tried to reconnect the mouse; still asked for a pin. Thinking the bluetooth adapter may be broken, I tried to connect my phone, a bluetooth speaker, and a bluetooth keyboard. All worked. I then tried to put in default pins (0000, 1234, 9999), and it still refused to connect.

I then thought the mouse was broken, and went back to the surface. I tried to reconnect it, expecting similar behaviour, and it connected normally, without asking for a pin.

I then suspected the update somehow botched something, but there was no previous bluetooth driver to roll back to; it does not seem to have been updated.

Does anyone have an idea on what may be at play here?

(P.S. please do not post full copy-paste default 'solutions' before reading the whole post, while assuming I am an amateur)

:)

vomovje, Aug 1, 2018
  2. alceryes Win User

Windows 10 not giving PIN to connect Dell bluetooth keyboard

Windows 10 Pro.
    Intel Bluetooth on Lenovo ideapad Y500.

The keyboard was originally connected without issues. Nephew changed batteries and tried to go through re-connection (even though he didn't need to). Now every time we go to connect it finds the keyboard but asks to enter the pin. He originally told me that it did give him a pin (6 digit?) but he ignored it.
    No bluetooth keyboard is present in the list of devices. Bluetooth mouse works fine. We have tried 0000, 1234 and 123456. I think it's still looking for the code it originally gave. Uninstalled bluetooth from device manager, rebooted and let it reinstall. Still asks for pin without giving a new one. I need to find a way to reset it so it gives another PIN.

Trying to diagnose over phone and slooooooow join me session. World is ending because nephew can't play games. *Wink
    Help

alceryes, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    Windows Not asking for Bluetooh PIN

Hello Medic535,

To isolate the issue, kindly provide us these details:

• What device are you trying to connect?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which version of Windows is currently installed?
    • Have you updated the Bluetooth driver on your computer?
    • Have you checked if the same thing happens when you try to connect another Bluetooth device?
    • Have you checked if your Bluetooth device has a manual that contains the PIN?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check the answer of MVP Andre Da Costa on this
    thread
    to walk you through setting up your Bluetooth device with Windows 10.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Anna Bol, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Bluetooth connection asks for pin, none is needed

To connect Bluetooth device - pin is asked

Hello,

I'm trying to connect my XBOX ONE S wireless controller on bluetooth and it keeps asking me for pin, I tried these pin options:

and none of these work at all. I entered these pins and I pressed connect and all it says is this: ''Try connecting your device again.''

I also tried to press cancel few times but that did not work as well. I'm out of options, if someone knows how to fix this please reply !

サムフェネック, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth connection asks for pin, none is needed

1. Bluetooth connection asks for pin, none is needed - Similar Threads - Bluetooth connection asks

2. Need to start the computer without it asking me for a PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to start the computer without it asking me for a PIN: Hello,I updated Windows and now each time I start the computer is asking me for a PIN each time close and open it or shut it down and start... Im developer trying to make control software based on Windows, so I need the computer to be able to start without asking for a PIN....
  3. Bluetooth keyboard asking for PIN, driver is up-to-date

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth keyboard asking for PIN, driver is up-to-date: I have a Lenovo Yoga 730-15IKB that has stopped pairing to a Bluetooth keyboard I have been using for over a year, since my actual keyboard broke. Both Bluetooth devices are noticing each other, but it will not connect. It is asking for a PIN, which I know it shouldn’t and...
  4. Pairing Bluetooth Device with Computer - Ask for PIN, default PINs don'twork

Pairing Bluetooth Device with Computer - Ask for PIN, default PINs don'twork: I'm trying to pair JBL TUNE125TWS-LE wireless earbuds with my Windows 10 computer. They do not come with a PIN, and I've been able to pair them with my iPhone successfully. However, I've tried both pairing them through "Bluetooth & other devices" and "Devices and printers" -...
  5. Asking Pin for Bluetooth Earbuds

Asking Pin for Bluetooth Earbuds: Since the last update, windows is asking for pin to connect to Bluetooth peripherals. I have a pair of tws earbuds which I'm trying to connect to windows. But its asking for Pin. It doesn't have any pin or a passcode. Please Help me....
  6. bluetooth needs a PIN/cant turn on bluetooth

bluetooth needs a PIN/cant turn on bluetooth: im trying to enable some JBL earbuds and it asks me for a PIN? someone online told me that i needed to put in 0000 but that didnt work. i also think that perhaps the real issue is that bluetooth is not enabled and i need help in turning it on, how to do it? when i go to the...
  7. Bluetooth asking me to enter a pin but nowhere to type it in.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth asking me to enter a pin but nowhere to type it in.: I’m trying to pair a new Bluetooth logictech keyboard but windows is asking me to enter a PIN number it’s giving me. Thing is there’s nowhere to enter the pin. Any idea how to deal with this? Thanks. submitted by /u/FrequencyJones [link] [comments]...
  8. Xbox One S controller asks for pin when connecting to Bluetooth dongle.

Xbox One S controller asks for pin when connecting to Bluetooth dongle.: I recently got a Bluetooth dongle for my PC so that I could connect my controller via Bluetooth. However, when I tried connecting the controller it asked for a pin, as far as I know, my controller didn't come with a pin. So, I updated the controller firmware and it still...
  9. Xbox one controller bluetooth connection asks PIN but refuses to work win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller bluetooth connection asks PIN but refuses to work win 10: I bought Xbox controller but bluetooth connection with PC asks for PIN code that never works. I have tried 0000 and 1234 and few others. "Add device" and "add bluetooth device" actions only answer "That didn't work" or "Your game controller quit waiting. Try adding it again"....
  10. Bluetooth device need to connect

Bluetooth device need to connect: I'm trying to pair my headphones to my computer and its asking for a PIN, I don't have a pin, how do I make it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-need-to-connect/d6111091-90e6-4977-a46a-5faf598303a2