Windows 10: Bluetooth connection issues

Discus and support Bluetooth connection issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my motherboard on my desktop has build in blue tooth but was not able to support playing music on my phone to my pc so I put in a usb dongle (that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rei_Hino, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Rei_Hino Win User

Bluetooth connection issues

my motherboard on my desktop has build in blue tooth but was not able to support playing music on my phone to my pc so I put in a usb dongle (that I knew could do the job but still wasn't happy I had a onboard blue tooth I could not use over a USB dongle so went back to try to get that to work so back and forth) ended up uninstalling one reinstalling ect and now when I try to pair the device windows see's it I hit connect but it does not show the pin/pass kea with the message and eventually times out after I hit pair. so the problem just got worse at least it did display the pair code before. it just say's type the pairing code then press return or enter now. also have a Bluetooth keyboard work that won't display the pair code on windows to type on it also. So why is blue tooth not displaying the kea "now?" get the feeling reinstalling windows should fix this issue but...that way to much. (I get this from both onboard Bluetooth and the USB dongle now)

:)

Rei_Hino, Aug 27, 2018

2. Bluetooth Headphone Connection Issues

Hi,

I would suggest to perform some basic troubleshooting steps by following the article to find out the reason and to update the Bluetooth driver.

Check the Status of the Bluetooth in Device Manager and update it:

• Search Device Manager using Cortana.
    • Right click Bluetooth drivers and select the Update driver software.

Check also if the Bluetooth service on your laptop is enabled by following this steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type service.msc
    • Search for Bluetooth Support Service.
    • Right click on the Service and click on Enable.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issues with connecting wireless bluetooth headphones.

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information fromyour end.

• Is the Bluetooth headset getting detected on the computer? Do you get any error message while connecting it?
    • Are you able to connect other Bluetooth devices?
    • Does the Bluetooth headset works fine on other computer?

This issue may occur due to damaged or incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to download and install latest Bluetooth driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.
    If Windows 10 drivers are not available, I would suggest you to install driver in compatibility mode.

To install the Bluetooth driver
    in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps.

a. Download the latest
    Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Refer the article for additional information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-connect-to-bluetooth-devices

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Bluetooth Connectivity Issue

Hi Harshal,

To better assist you with the concern, we would like to know if you are getting any error messages when connecting your Bluetooth earphones.

We suggest that you update audio and Bluetooth drivers by following the steps provided on the link below:

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Bluetooth connection issues - Similar Threads - Bluetooth connection issues

2. Bluetooth Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Connection Issue: I have Bluetooth on my desktop computer and it worked fine until recently.Bluetooth is enabled natively on this computer, but the troubles started when I added a third party Bluetooth dongle. This worked for a while, but then stopped following a Windows Update some 3 months...
  3. Bluetooth Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Connection Issue: I have Bluetooth on my desktop computer and it worked fine until recently.Bluetooth is enabled natively on this computer, but the troubles started when I added a third party Bluetooth dongle. This worked for a while, but then stopped following a Windows Update some 3 months...
  4. Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Connectivity Issues: I've tried fixing Bluetooth problems but the only way to fix it is to uninstall my Bluetooth drivers, and reboot my computer. Don't know why that works. Pairing nor connecting works and it just says that it cannot connect. When I remove my Bluetooth device and try to re-pair...
  5. bluetooth connectivity issue

bluetooth connectivity issue: hello!!! I am facing issue with my laptop Bluetooth connection.. my headphone automatically disconnects when I tried to fast forward skip 30s option or pause/play if I pause the video by pressing space bar in "Movies &tv" app the headphone gets disconnected with a small sound...
  6. Bluetooth connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth connectivity issues: I am not sure if this post is better suited for a Windows 10 subreddit, if so, I apologize and will take it down. I am having connectivity issues with Bluetooth audio devices on my Lenovo Yoga 730 15IWL. Specifically, every time I try to use a Bluetooth audio device whether...
  7. Bluetooth connecting issues,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth connecting issues,: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/deeysaaan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hjko5t/bluetooth_connecting_issues/
  8. issues with bluetooth connection

issues with bluetooth connection: do lenovo flex 15 have issues with bluetooth connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-bluetooth-connection/86224c81-b23e-4696-85a6-223db7b8e5ea
  9. Bluetooth connection issue

Bluetooth connection issue: Hello, I am using windows 10 I have recently update my winodows. I am unable to connect bluetooth eare phone, to be perticular it's Bose soundsport free wireless. I have contated them for the connection issues, I have done some troubleshoots however, nothing worked. On...
  10. Bluetooth connection issues

Bluetooth connection issues: My Bluetooth says on but shows not connected. Yet I can see both devices in each of the Bluetooth settings. My ultimate goal is to get my phone to display on my computer. Not working. Have windows 10 with android phone....