Windows 10: Bluetooth disabled when internet connection is metered.

Discus and support Bluetooth disabled when internet connection is metered. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why is bluetooth disabled when the internet connection is metered?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HenryG37, Jul 17, 2018.

1. HenryG37 Win User

Bluetooth disabled when internet connection is metered.

Why is bluetooth disabled when the internet connection is metered?

:)

HenryG37, Jul 17, 2018

2. Can't Connect Bluetooh device on metered connection.

Hi Riderhood,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you able to pair the Bluetooth device on non-metered connection?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    I suggest you to remove the metered connection to non-metered connection and check if you are able to pair the Bluetooth speaker.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/metered-internet-connections-frequently-asked-questions

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 17, 2018
  3. OneDrive - Metered Connection

Hi Sayyid,

Since you're using a SIM to be able to use the internet, Windows 10 automatically set your connection as metered if your Internet service provider limits the data you can use.

You can turn the Set as metered connection option to OFF by following these steps:

• Click the Internet access icon from the Taskbar.
    • Click the network where you are connected, then click Properties.
    • Locate and toggle the Set as metered connection to OFF.

Let us know if the message still appears after following the above mentioned steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Trex Win User

Metered wifi and bluetooth

Wow - Thank you Bree for posting this! I've been searching for a fix to this since the "setup incomplete because of a metered connection" error started showing up for my Bluetooth headphone and was as not able to find a solution until finding your post with a clearly explained solution.
    I had come across the Settings/Devices /Connected devices page, but since my headphone wasn't listed there I skipped making the change, and of course, there was no option under Settings / Devices /Bluetooth to make the change. It was non-intuitive (at least to me, and apparently the OP, Ivgandhi) until you pointed out that changing the setting under Connected devices should apply to all connected devices including Bluetooth even if the weren't listed.

Thema:

1. Bluetooth disabled when internet connection is metered. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth disabled internet

2. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered connection: What can I do when I can't download my Windows Updates because I am on a metered connection. I went to check on my Windows Updates and found a message that said I needed to check if I was on unmetered connection. If not, I may get charged for downloading them. I am on an...
  3. Metered Connection Disables Automatically after enabling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered Connection Disables Automatically after enabling: When I try to set my Mobile hotspot as metered Connection when I click Toggle button is turning into blue but when I revist the Connection property window it shows metered Connection is in off position. Metered Connection disabling automatically. Kindly help me in this regard...
  4. HOW TO METER A BLUETOOTH NETWORK CONNECTION - WIN10

HOW TO METER A BLUETOOTH NETWORK CONNECTION - WIN10: Hello all, I would really appreciate any help that I could get because I feel like I am about to lose my mind. Right now I am connecting my laptop to the internet via a bluetooth connection with a hotspot. I need to meter this connection in case BitTorrent feels like opening...
  5. WiFi Disables when connected to Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi Disables when connected to Internet: Windows 10 disables WiFi when connected to Ethernet on Dell Laptop. BIOS setting to power save WiFi disabled. No Dell WiFi software installed. I’ve figured this is a Windows 10 issue. Impossible to search on Google because the algorithm assumes I am looking for ways to ENABLE...
  6. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: A while back I was having troubles downloading all the Windows 10 updates. Call tech support and bottom line they set my computer to a metered connection. That solved my problems. It worked. Me internet provider only supplies me with 10 mbps of download speed. Yesterday I...
  7. METERED CONNECTION

METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  8. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to manage know networks and I select any of my networks it's shows me either share, or forget, buh doesn't show me properties. How...
  9. Bluetooth connection setup incomplete because of metered connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth connection setup incomplete because of metered connection: I've seen this subject come up several times (searches), never answered satisfactorily forme . I have a Lenovo G505s laptop, running Windows 10 Home build 17134.320 I connect something (anything, details are useless) with Bluetooth. The connection "wizard" tells me setup...
  10. Can't Meter Internet Connection

Can't Meter Internet Connection: I use a Verizon Hotspot with unlimited data. However, it slows way down after 10gb & this past month, it was used in 1 night by Microsoft Updates. I went to the settings to meter my data so that wouldn't happen, but the "set as metered connection" is grayed out & won't let me...