Windows 10: Bluetooth disappeared after Sleep - can't Uninstall and Reinstall

Discus and support Bluetooth disappeared after Sleep - can't Uninstall and Reinstall in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today the Bluetooth stopped working on my Win10 laptop after it went to sleep due to low battery. When I searched for Bluetooth settings - I couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by takias, Oct 21, 2017.

1. takias Win User

Bluetooth disappeared after Sleep - can't Uninstall and Reinstall

Today the Bluetooth stopped working on my Win10 laptop after it went to sleep due to low battery.
    When I searched for Bluetooth settings - I couldn't find it anywhere - as if my laptop never had Bluetooth!

I searched online - and found that it's a relatively common problem with Win8 and Win10! After following the instructions from Microsoft support threads (such as set service automatic etc.) it didn't resolve the problem.

One suggestion was to uninstall the device from device manager and restart - then it would search for hardware changes and install the basic driver automatically - but when I uninstalled the device and restarted - it doesn't seem to the find the Intel Bluetooth hardware anymore! I have done 'search for hardware changes' but it doesn't help either.

Also, I am unable to uninstall the existing Bluetooth software from 'Add Remove Program' or install the driver software I downloaded from Intel's driver page.

Would really appreciate if anyone can help to fix this issue.
    (System Info: Asus Laptop, Model: ROG-GL502VT,, Intel Core i7 6700 HQ, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 970M 6GB graphics card
    Windows 10 Home - Version 1607)

Here are some screenshots for your reference:

Bluetooth vanished thoroughly from Windows 10!

Bluetooth disappeared after Sleep - can't Uninstall and Reinstall [​IMG]

After uninstalling and restarting Bluetooth doesn't re-appear - even after 'search for hardware changes'

Can't uninstall Bluetooth from Add-remove Programs

Can't install the Bluetooth driver downloaded from Intel website it stops prematurely

This problem is very similar to this, but I don't have creator's update - so I don't have Fix Bluetooth option:
    [youtube]asUNZ0Isj9s[/youtube]

:)

takias, Oct 21, 2017

2. When Bluetooth stopped working today, I uninstalled it from all places in the Device Manager including Software devices, how do I get Bluetooth back?

Many hours ago Bluetooth completely disappeared from the Settings and Action Center. After looking through many forums, I decided to try to uninstall all Bluetooth drivers in the Device Manager to reinstall right after. I also uninstalled Bluetooth from
    the Software devices section, which is where I think I went wrong. I have since tried installing Bluetooth again but to no avail, is this salvageable?

JoshuaBarnett, Oct 21, 2017
  3. FireFury Win User
    How to reinstall Bluetooth

For whatever reason, Bluetooth has completely vanished off of my computer, when I was using it the same day it disappeared (error code 45). I tried doing some research, and I was told that one solution to this is to completely uninstall all Bluetooth-related
    software from the Device Manager settings, and that it would reinstall on its own after the computer was restarted. I uninstalled everything and restarted my computer several times. Bluetooth did not reinstall, and now I am 100% without Bluetooth. How do I
    reinstall Bluetooth?

FireFury, Oct 21, 2017
  4. IT101 Win User

Go to device manager and select show hidden devives under View tab. Uninstall the bluetooth drivers and restart.
    And if nothing works then buy a bluetooth adapter.
    Hope it works.

IT101, Oct 21, 2017
  5. takias Win User
    @IT101 : If I wanted to buy a Bluetooth adaptor why would I take the pain to post on this forum?!

With all due respect, if you had the patience to go through my post you would have found what I have already done - but you chose to write a banal reply! Please refrain from posting here if you can't add any value. You are ruining the reputation of a otherwise helpful forum. Get a life.

takias, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bluetooth disappeared after Sleep - can't Uninstall and Reinstall - Similar Threads - Bluetooth disappeared Sleep

2. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  3. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  4. Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling: This is my first time making a post and it is my last-ditch effort to try and resolve the issue on my own instead of having to bring my entire PC to a repair shop. So what happened is this: I have not used Bluetooth on my PC for quite a long time, and my PC is a custom one I...
  5. Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling

Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling: This is my first time making a post and it is my last-ditch effort to try and resolve the issue on my own instead of having to bring my entire PC to a repair shop. So what happened is this: I have not used Bluetooth on my PC for quite a long time, and my PC is a custom one I...
  6. Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth uninstall, reinstall not worked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth uninstall, reinstall not worked: Bluetooth wasn't working on my device this morning - I following all instructions, in the end uninstalling device in the device manager. When I then shut down, and hit scan hardware nothing is being reinstalled. I have tried multiple times. I an running windows 10 on a DELL...
  8. Bluetooth uninstall, reinstall not worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth uninstall, reinstall not worked: Bluetooth wasn't working on my device this morning - I following all instructions, in the end uninstalling device in the device manager. When I then shut down, and hit scan hardware nothing is being reinstalled. I have tried multiple times. I an running windows 10 on a DELL...
  9. Bluetooth uninstall, reinstall not worked

10. Bluetooth no longer works, disappeared after uninstalling the drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth no longer works, disappeared after uninstalling the drivers: Hi, When I was working as usual, my laptop's Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. All devices were hacked. I turned off the Bluetooth, tried to turn it on again, it didn't work. I rebooted my computer, it still doesn't work. I went to device manager, uninstalled all Bluetooth...