Windows 10: Bluetooth dongle or transmitter?

Discus and support Bluetooth dongle or transmitter? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It seems I cannot use Bluetooth with a new Soundbar and my smart TV as I had expected, but I understand I may be able to give the TV BT functionality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by clayto, Dec 26, 2017.

1. clayto Win User

Bluetooth dongle or transmitter?

It seems I cannot use Bluetooth with a new Soundbar and my smart TV as I had expected, but I understand I may be able to give the TV BT functionality with either a USB dongle or transmitter? So far the dongles I have viewed are for a PC, not a TV; and transmitters my have the same drawback as when I use the AUX line in cable, in that inserting the jack stops the TV's own speakers from working.

Advice would be welcome.

:)

clayto, Dec 26, 2017
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Bluetooth missing from Device Settings (Win 10 PC)

Please uninstall the driver of your Bluetooth dongle through the
    Device Manager and reinstall it using the driver software that can be downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
    To do this, follow these steps:

• Insert the Bluetooth dongle.
    • To uninstall the Bluetooth dongle driver, follow the steps found on this
      link
    • After uninstalling the Bluetooth dongle driver, remove the Bluetooth dongle.
    • Go to the manufacturer's website of the Bluetooth dongle and download the latest driver software
    • Insert the Bluetooth dongle and if it's installing the driver automatically, cancel it.
    • Use the driver that you downloaded.
    • Restart the computer.
    Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Dec 26, 2017
  3. Sync only after rebooting my phone

What is the Bluetooth software you use in assosiation with your Bluetooth dongle ? (did I get you right, you have Bluetooth USB dongle ?)

manta---01, Dec 26, 2017
  4. Tacit Win User

If your adding a sound bar, why would you need the TV sound.
    I used optical out on my NON smart TV to get the sound to the sound bar.

Tacit, Dec 26, 2017
  5. clayto Win User
    For two reasons. I always want as many ways of doing things as practical, so if one goes down or just deteriorates there is a backup alternative, eg. if BT failed (not unknown). I do not like having to restore TV sound by the crude means of pulling the jack out (the less pulling on cables and sockets the better, apart from the awkwardness of it being at the back of the TV). The blue LED on the SoundBar has already packed up in less than a week. These are only minor considerations but if a system has a number of options I want to be in a position to use them.

Also, if BT was working on the TV I could use it for streaming media to it when the wireless failed (as it often has). I keep several umbrellas ........

clayto, Dec 27, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    You can buy optical to bluetooth transmitters. Connecting optical out from tv will not mute tv speakers.

Bluetooth Transmitters, TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

cereberus, Dec 27, 2017
  7. badrobot Win User
    I don't understand. BT and Aux are 2 different modes, If BT fails, then use Aux mode. You don't need to pull the aux cable to use aux mode. You need it connected.
    The downside of bluetooth, especially for videos, unless you are investing on a premium brand with premium price, audio synchronization is always an issue. Meaning, the mouth movement does not sync with audio.

badrobot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bluetooth dongle or transmitter? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth dongle transmitter

2. Bluetooth dongle vs. motherboard dongle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth dongle vs. motherboard dongle: Hello! I have a question regarding the Bluetooth function: my motherboard doesn't have a very good Bluetooth dongle, so I decided to buy an external one a USB-A one to be precise. I was wondering... what do I have to do to disable the one of the motherboard? I suppose that I...
  3. Bluetooth dongle vs. motherboard dongle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth dongle vs. motherboard dongle: Hello! I have a question regarding the Bluetooth function: my motherboard doesn't have a very good Bluetooth dongle, so I decided to buy an external one a USB-A one to be precise. I was wondering... what do I have to do to disable the one of the motherboard? I suppose that I...
  4. Convert keyboard bluetooth dongle to universal bluetooth dongle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert keyboard bluetooth dongle to universal bluetooth dongle: hi I use to use a bluetooth keyboard, and now switched to wired I was wondering if there is any way to convert my old keyboard's dongle to a universal bluetooth dongle. Keyboard Details: HP ERGO...
  5. Bluetooth dongle

Bluetooth dongle: I recently bought a bluetooth dongle for my pc. I plugged it in and installed it and restarted my pc to finish it. came back and it says "driver is unavailable" i clicked update and it says theres no updates for it. where do i get the correct driver for this since my windows...
  6. Bluetooth Dongle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Dongle: I recently bought the Bluetooth dongle listed below. I've plugged it into my pc and it seems to work alright but I can only pair to devices by right-clicking the Bluetooth symbol on the taskbar. When I go into windows settings there isn't even an option to turn Bluetooth on,...
  7. Bluetooth Dongle

Bluetooth Dongle: I have a Bluetooth USB Adaptor ES-3881+ I have the software disc but when I run it an error message comes up "Err 2 occurred during installation please try to install again" I have tried several times. is there a fix or do I need to buy a new dongle. Thanks in advance...
  8. Bluetooth port/transmitter/station

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth port/transmitter/station: Hi, I have non-wireless scanner. I want to make it Bluetooth enabled. Is there a Bluetooth port/transmitter/station that would sit between my scanner and my W10 laptop.....? I want to plug in the data cable from my scanner into this Bluetooth device, but the device would...
  9. Bluetooth dongle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth dongle: I recently bought a Bluetooth adaptor but it doesn't work, I've tried deleting the drivers and reinstalling them but it still doesn't work submitted by /u/Girl_Widda_D [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ha8jlz/bluetooth_dongle/
  10. Bluetooth Dongle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Dongle: My windows 10 pc does not have Bluetooth. Please recommend some quality Bluetooth dongle. Many thanks. submitted by /u/NorhoNor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewye1p/bluetooth_dongle/