Windows 10: Bluetooth driver/adapter gone after updating from Win 7 to Win 10

Discus and support Bluetooth driver/adapter gone after updating from Win 7 to Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have this issue that after updating to Win 10, my bluetooth completely disappeared. There isn't any Bluetooth section on the Device Manager,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tsilva, Apr 22, 2016.

1. tsilva Win User

Bluetooth driver/adapter gone after updating from Win 7 to Win 10

Hello, I have this issue that after updating to Win 10, my bluetooth completely disappeared. There isn't any Bluetooth section on the Device Manager, nothing on the "Install and uninstall programs", nothing on the Apps, nothing when I try to search through the Windows search.

I tried installing a Qualcomm atheros bluetooth driver, but it didn't do anything. I installed the Atheros because I've found a Atheros Bluetooth bus somewhere on the Device Manager.

I really hope you can help me! Never needed bluetooth on the laptop, now for the first time that I need it, I don't have it *Sad

:)

tsilva, Apr 22, 2016

2. Bluetooth driver/adapter gone after updating from Win 7 to Win 10

Hello! Thank you for the reply, sorry for taking so long. Well, I tried running the troubleshooter and he said he found problems and asks to reboot. After that, if I run the troobleshooter he still complains and asks to reboot. Then I'm on a infinite loop
    of running the troobleshooter and rebooting.

alcappuccino, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Bluetooth driver/adapter gone after updating from Win 7 to Win 10

Like I said on the first post, the Bluetooth drivers don't show up on the Device Manager so I can not try the Method 1.

I tried using the compatability mode already, it gives an error saying "This app was blocked for your protection". I tried disabling the Driver Signature Enforcement but when I execute the driver for the Bluetooth I downloaded from ASUS he gives the a blue
    pop up saying that "Windows protected your PC", then I do "Install anyway" but then it gives me again the This app was blocked for your protection" error.

alcappuccino, Apr 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 23, 2016
  5. tsilva Win User
    It is not quite the same problem. They had the bluetooth and then it disappeared. But in my case, I never had on my Win 10. I cannot find anything in the Device Manager. There isn't any Bluetooth service in the Services. Cannot find a Bluetooth Network Connection on Control Panel->Network and Connections. My bluetooth is really completely inexistent. I tried installing my old Bluetooth driver on Win 10, but he simply says I'm allowed because it is not supported to Win 10 (that is why Win 10 uninstalled it when I switched to Win 10). But now I don't have Bluetooth connection because I don't have a driver for it. On ASUS website on my laptop they only have this old drivers. And in there they have three manufactures of Bluetooth. So first I don't know which is the correct manufacture and where to find the correct driver.

tsilva, Apr 30, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, does your laptop actually include bluetooth or are you using a dongle?

This indicates bluetooth is not available:
    Asus K53SV-A1 Notebook Laptop specs
    K53SV | Notebooks | ASUS Global
    - it's listed as 'optional'
    But it may depend on your precise model.

Try running a scan with Drivermax (2 drivers free a day). Note: routine use of driver scanners is strongly discouraged.

More: you could check your laptop specs with ASUS to find out more about your hardware.
    You can try the old versions- if they don't work, uninstall them..
    But note this:
    Bluetooth Universal Windows driver model for Windows 10 (Windows Drivers)

Also check your laptop compatibility with Windows 10 - does Asus have a compatibility list?

And scan Asus's forum for similar reports.

While you can find sites like this:
    Fix ASUS K53SV Bluetooth Drivers problem For Windows 10 64 bit
    I have no idea whether they are valid.

dalchina, Apr 30, 2016
  7. tsilva Win User
    Yes, my laptop had Bluetooth when I was using Win 7 and I even remember that when I upgraded to Win 10 he said that ASUS Smart Gesture and Bluetooth "blablabla" were uninstalled because it was not compatible with Win 10.

From Drivermax I got this to upgrade:

Bluetooth driver/adapter gone after updating from Win 7 to Win 10 [​IMG]

I don't see anything related to Bluetooth, I think.

I already tried my old Bluetooth driver but Windows doens't let me install because is not compatible.

Didn't find a compability list when I searched for "ASUS K53SV Windows 10 compatibility list". Can you tell which one is the correct ASUS support forum? I found one ASUS forum, but didn't find any common people asking general problems like me. It was always really complex problems, like it was people building a PC and needed help. I thought it was strange.

I'll try that website with the drivers, thanks!

tsilva, Apr 30, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 30, 2016
  9. tsilva Win User
    tsilva, May 9, 2016
  10. tsilva Win User
    tsilva, May 11, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, May 11, 2016
  12. tsilva Win User
    Hello again! Well, the printscreens are in Portuguese, so I hope that's okay. First when I execute I get this:

Then I do, install anyway. Then I get this:

"The application was blocked for your protection". I tried two times doing that disabling of signed applications. It never works.

Yes, tried the compability mode too, I get the same error saying the application is not trustworthy.

It'll try the link you said. But I have one doubt, they say "Right click on the hardware device you wish to update and choose Update Driver Software." But, on my Device Manager I don't have the Bluetooth section like it is supposed too. In which device should I right click to install the cab file I download?

tsilva, May 14, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

If you're dealing with an unsigned driver (which I think maybe the first screen refers to) then you can allow unsigned drivers by rebooting (Shift +click restart) and navigate to the relevant option on the blue screen.

Details and another method (haven't checked if this is the same as previous, sorry- if the same you need to research this):
    How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 10/8/7 64-Bit | Password Recovery

You could also click more information on the 1st screen.

dalchina, May 14, 2016
  14. tsilva Win User
    Like I said in the previous reply, I did that. I click more information and then I do "Install anyway" but then it gives the Red error.

I tried the commands on the new link but doesn't install again. It gives the red error again.

But on the link you gave someone says: "It appears in Windows 10 after the Fall 2015 update (an possibly before), Windows will reject unsigned drivers even if installed unless you have Driver Signature Enforcement disabled, which makes Test Mode the only practical way to use unsigned drivers.". So most probably it is because of this.

tsilva, May 18, 2016
  15. There should be a label on the machine that identifies the RF component

see: Example of RF labels [PDF]

Once you know the mfgr (ie Intel) and model, you might have to go to the vendor site.
    I already looked at AzureWave, but need the model # - if that is the mfgr ???
    The 3rd driver on Asus is simply listed as Bluetooth driver ... so I couldn't do anything with that *Wink

Please take a picture of the label or type the pertinent info into a new post on your thread

Obrigado (just having fun with Google translate) *Wink

Slartybart, May 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Bluetooth driver/adapter gone after updating from Win 7 to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth driver adapter

2. after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...: after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not installed plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrading-from-win-7-to-win-10-my-device-is/102dac71-7bbf-4d7c-9d9a-c28e50983037
  3. after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...: after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not installed plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrading-from-win-7-to-win-10-my-device-is/102dac71-7bbf-4d7c-9d9a-c28e50983037
  4. after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After upgrading to Win 10 from win 7 Device & driver problem

After upgrading to Win 10 from win 7 Device & driver problem: I am on HP96After upgrade to Win 10 KB button for disabling/enabling wjfi stopped responding ? Any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrading-to-win-10-from-win-7-device-driver/70be9f6b-305b-4504-b6f1-ed0c29369104
  6. Programs, Drivers From Win 7 To Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs, Drivers From Win 7 To Win 10: Hello- I need to get my pc over to Windows 10. I've got the latest Windows 10 Pro burned to disc, and I've a new SSD for it. I'm hoping there's a way to move my programs and drivers from my Windows 7 Pro SSD over to the Windows 10 Pro SSD using the same machine. I thought...
  7. update win 7 to win 10

update win 7 to win 10: When trying to update windows 7 pro to windows 10 home I get the message : We couldn't install Windows 10 0xC19101-0x20017 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation . what to do?...
  8. DRIVERS CHANGED UP AFTER UPDATE FROM WIN 7 TO 10

DRIVERS CHANGED UP AFTER UPDATE FROM WIN 7 TO 10: I installed window 10 yesterday and all my drivers were swapped by windows driver as i am having a old geforce 7050 620i and now i can't install them manually but of no use they don't get updated and just because of that i cant set my screen to its original resolution which...
  9. Update win 7 to win 10

Update win 7 to win 10: Well after a success with my 8.1 desktop I have upgraded my win 7 laptop all went well note this upgrade takes three hours worked ok for a while & for some reason apps would only stay open for a second or two very strange decided to do restart it now seems to be working ok,...
  10. How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?

How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?: How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10? OK, maybe my title is confusing, but I am wondering if it is possible to first upgrade my present win 7 OS to win 10 than do a clean install of win 10, then dual boot with a fresh install of win 7 in a dual...