Windows 10: Bluetooth functioning on Windows 10 but not showing up in Action Center

Discus and support Bluetooth functioning on Windows 10 but not showing up in Action Center in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm Christian. I just upgraded my Windows 7 Enterprise Laptop to Windows 10 Pro. My laptop's model is Toshiba Satellite C660. After upgrading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristianZgheib, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Bluetooth functioning on Windows 10 but not showing up in Action Center

Hello, I'm Christian.

I just upgraded my Windows 7 Enterprise Laptop to Windows 10 Pro. My laptop's model is Toshiba Satellite C660.

After upgrading to Windows 10, I spent forever looking for the appropriate Bluetooth driver. I didn't find one that supports Windows 10 but I remembered seeing "Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba" on Windows 7. After researching it, installing it, downloading Intel(r) Wireless Bluetooth, and restarting my laptop, everything functioned as I expected, I could turn on Bluetooth like in Windows 7 either by using Bluetooth Assistant and could also use the system Settings app already found in Windows 10. My only problem is that in Bluetooth settings it tells me I can use the Action Center for faster loading, but when I open the Action Center settings to enable shortcuts, I can't seem to find Bluetooth.

How do I get Bluetooth, which is already functional, to appear in the Action Center?

Any help would be really appreciated.

:)

ChristianZgheib, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Try3 Win User

No button for bluetooth in action center

Joe,

Assuming that you have a Bluetooth card, run these checks -

Do you have a Bluetooth entry in Settings, Devices?

Bluetooth functioning on Windows 10 but not showing up in Action Center [​IMG]

If not then Windows does not think you have a Bluetooth card. Check Device manager for a Bluetooth group.

• If neither of these is there then you do not have a Bluetooth card or you have disabled Bluetooth in the BIOS. You should check your BIOS for a relevant entry but BIOSes vary so I cannot suggest where such a setting might be. You could seek advice from your computer maker or their user forum.
    • If one is there but not the other then you might be able to get it working correctly by reinstalling the driver from your Computer / Bluetooth card maker's website.

You can customise the items shown in Action center but Bluetooth, if it is enabled, is generally put there by default. As explained above, you can customise what is shown by playing around with Settings, System, Notifications. You can add more entries or you can drag off existing entries or you can drag existing entries around to get them in the layout you prefer.

Denis

3. AmandaT4 Win User
    Bluetooth icon does not show up in action center

Please help! I am having trouble with Bluetooth. It seems the functionality disappeared in the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I downloaded drivers the other day and my Bluetooth headset was working. Now the Bluetooth functionality is gone. The bluetooth
    icon does not show up in the action center. It also does not show up in my list of devices.

Bluetooth functioning on Windows 10 but not showing up in Action Center 83f88b90-d844-462a-85c4-e4874669de29.jpg

Bluetooth only shows up in the device manager if I click "View hidden Devices"

Bluetooth functioning on Windows 10 but not showing up in Action Center bcab78a5-bed8-4f1a-941c-17ce4a3fd83c.jpg

I am insanely frustrated. Every single fix I have read or tried, I cannot proceed with because Bluetooth isn't listed in the Device list or in the action center. PLEASE HELP!

AmandaT4, Jul 10, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Bluetooth functioning on Windows 10 but not showing up in Action Center

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth functioning on Windows 10 but not showing up in Action Center

1. Bluetooth functioning on Windows 10 but not showing up in Action Center - Similar Threads - Bluetooth functioning showing

2. Pending Actions are not showing in the Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pending Actions are not showing in the Action Center: Hello team,I used to see a lot of pending actions e.g. soft delete under the 'Action Center' in Security portal.But since last few months, I am unable to see any pending actions there and it says 'No Items Found'Automated Investigation AIR is already turned on.I have changed...
  3. Bluetooth toggle not showing up in Bluetooth Settings or Action Center.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth toggle not showing up in Bluetooth Settings or Action Center.: Hello,Since about last week or two, my Bluetooth has not been working. On the "Bluetooth & other devices" settings menu, the Bluetooth toggle is not appearing and the current Bluetooth devices say that "Bluetooth is turned off".When I go on Device Manager and see the status...
  4. action center not showing

action center not showing: the action center in enabled but not showing[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-not-showing/24e35204-61fd-425f-ba12-148ab8697301
  5. Windows Action Center not showing

Windows Action Center not showing: plaeses advice windows action center not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-action-center-not-showing/5a94a16e-fc92-4e2c-9728-0a7bd79db9be
  6. BLUETOOTH IN ACTION CENTER

BLUETOOTH IN ACTION CENTER: i CANNOT FIND A PLACE TO PUT EXPAND TO SHOW BLUETOOTH TO BRING THE ICON UP TO TURN ON HOW DO I GET THE ICON? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-in-action-center/cdb66d8f-3294-4953-9053-710a7ddd340c
  7. Bluetooth Action Center icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth Action Center icon?: I have a Bluetooth icon in my taskbar, but I used to have one in Action Center which was more useful, but for some reason the Action Center square/icon has vanished? I have searched Settings and can find no way to restore this missing icon which I find more useful than the...
  8. Action Center not showing up - AGAIN :-(

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center not showing up - AGAIN :-(: One of the more annoying bugs in Win 10 (which sits there since the beginning and still isn't fixed) is that occasionally the action center simply stops responding. Clicking on the icon or hitting Win-A then always turns into a No-Op. :-( I then always have to dig out Task...
  9. No button for bluetooth in action center

No button for bluetooth in action center: Hello, I am brand new to Windows 10 Pro--have had it for just about a week on a Dell Optiplex. The documentation states that to turn on bluetooth, there should be a button in the action center on the bottom left corner of the taskbar. I don't have this button--grayed...
  10. Bluetooth Action Center icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth Action Center icon: The Bluetooth icon is on in my Action Center but my computer does not have Bluetooth. This is interfering with my Wi-Fi speed. How do I turn off the icon when I do not even have Bluetooth capability on my computer? 41882