Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having trouble getting audio to play through my Bluetooth headphones. I am able to successfully connect them to my computer, but I cannot figure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CMroz, Aug 4, 2018.

1. CMroz Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device

I'm having trouble getting audio to play through my Bluetooth headphones. I am able to successfully connect them to my computer, but I cannot figure out where to set them as the playback device. They are not listed in the Sound panel (even when showing disabled and disconnected devices). Any ideas (besides the things I have tried below) would be much appreciated!

Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device d9a168aa-b620-40de-b345-0f85d264d5e7?upload=true.jpg

I've read A LOT of threads about this and can't seem to find a solution that works. Here is what I have tried:

• Uninstalling & Reinstalling the Bluetooth driver
    • Updating driver from manufacturer's website
    • Purchasing a new Bluetooth 4.0 adapter (same issue - connects fine, not listed as an audio playback device)
    • Turn off and turn on Bluetooth service
    • Set Bluetooth Support Service to Auto
    • Running the audio troubleshooter (device not listed to troubleshoot)
    • Testing different Bluetooth headphones/headsets
    • Testing these headphones on my work computer with the same version of windows (works great)

System Info

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17713 Build 17713
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BaseBoard Product Z97I-PLUS

:)

CMroz, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

bluetooth headphones

Hi,

We see that you are having issues connecting your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows 10 Home laptop. Your Bluetooth headphones might be paired with your PC but it's not connected. To resolve this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Make sure your Bluetooth headphones is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth headphones, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth headphones, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth headphones now.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Aug 4, 2018
  3. My bluetooth headset isn't listed in the playback devices list.

Original Title: Bluetooth device in playback devices list Windows 10.

I want to connect my Bose headset to my computer. The Bluetooth device list show them as paired. However my headset isn't listed in the playback devices list; so, I my computer can't send sound to my headset. How can I get my headset added to the playback
    devices list?

Dan.Anderson.9308, Aug 4, 2018
  4. 58
    58 Win User

Bluetooth Headphones - connected but not available as playback device

Thank you for your responses but so far none of these suggestions have worked. Again the problem I'm having is that while the device pairs it does not connect. After pairing there should be a playback device listed but it doesn't show. I'm looking for
    help getting the playback device to appear. Please assist if you are able. Thank you.

Thema:

1. Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones connect

2. Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device: I have a new laptop with windows 10 and have Bose bluetooth earphones. I have confirmed they are conncted by bluetooth and are showing up as paired but are not showing up as a playback device so I cant hear computer audio through them. I have tried uninstalling the driver...
  3. Bluetooth headphones connected, but listed under "Other Devices" and not "Audio"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones connected, but listed under "Other Devices" and not "Audio": Am using a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adapter (The kind that plugs into the Motherboard, not a USB adapter) and obviously isn't exclusive to my headphones. I use it for my Xbox One Controller, which works as expected. Headphones do not show up under playback tab in the Sound settings...
  4. Wireless Headphones listed in "Unknown" category, NOT as Playback Device

Wireless Headphones listed in "Unknown" category, NOT as Playback Device: System WIN 10 Pro I am trying to set up some bluetooth Headphones. Already reloaded Bluetooth Drivers, sound drivers etc. I can connect via blue tooth, and see that they are connected but; They are not listed as a sound/playback device, so I cannot select them for playback...
  5. Interrupting playback on Bluetooth headphones connected to two sources

in Windows 10 Customization
    Interrupting playback on Bluetooth headphones connected to two sources: I have a bluetooth headphones (Sennheiser MOMENTUM M2) which are connected to my phone and my laptop at the same time. I am playing music on my phone. The problem is, that when some program on my laptop generates a sound, the playback gets paused for a short moment. I muted...
  6. Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..

Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..: Hi guys.. Im running a Windows 10 on 32bit lenovo thinkpad T61 4gb ram 1tb Hardrive I have purchased a CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR bluetooth and have a Nyne Rebel Speaker My issue is when i installed the >> CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR Device driver it all showed up and let me add...
  7. Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..: Hi guys.. Im running a Windows 10 on 32bit lenovo thinkpad T61 4gb ram 1tb Hardrive I have purchased a CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR bluetooth and have a Nyne Rebel Speaker My issue is when i installed the >> CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR Device driver it all showed up and let me add...
  8. Bluetooth is connected but not appear on playback device.

Bluetooth is connected but not appear on playback device.: [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] I try all the options including delete drive updated to the newest one. but still connect figure out the way for the laptop to use through wireless speakers. I also try other computer and they are working. Please help. thanks you so much...
  9. Bluetooth headphones connected not as sound device

Bluetooth headphones connected not as sound device: Hello, I have got a pair of Panasonic RPHTX80B bluetooth headphones that I use with my Windows 10 laptop. All latest drivers and updates are installed. Now each time I turn them on, they are connected automatically. They appear in Bluetooth & other devices as "Connected",...
  10. Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

Headphones not showing in Playback Devices: So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as selecting 'Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices'. I've also run the troubleshooter. Headphones do not appear as an option in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. im not gettin playback through my headphones

2. bletooth headphgone notlisted as audio device

3. bluetooth headphones not showing in playback