Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having trouble getting audio to play through my Bluetooth headphones. I am able to successfully connect them to my computer, but I cannot figure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CMroz, Aug 4, 2018.

1. CMroz Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device

I'm having trouble getting audio to play through my Bluetooth headphones. I am able to successfully connect them to my computer, but I cannot figure out where to set them as the playback device. They are not listed in the Sound panel (even when showing disabled and disconnected devices). Any ideas (besides the things I have tried below) would be much appreciated!

Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device d9a168aa-b620-40de-b345-0f85d264d5e7?upload=true.jpg

I've read A LOT of threads about this and can't seem to find a solution that works. Here is what I have tried:

• Uninstalling & Reinstalling the Bluetooth driver
    • Updating driver from manufacturer's website
    • Purchasing a new Bluetooth 4.0 adapter (same issue - connects fine, not listed as an audio playback device)
    • Turn off and turn on Bluetooth service
    • Set Bluetooth Support Service to Auto
    • Running the audio troubleshooter (device not listed to troubleshoot)
    • Testing different Bluetooth headphones/headsets
    • Testing these headphones on my work computer with the same version of windows (works great)

System Info

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17713 Build 17713
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BaseBoard Product Z97I-PLUS

:)

CMroz, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

bluetooth headphones

Hi,

We see that you are having issues connecting your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows 10 Home laptop. Your Bluetooth headphones might be paired with your PC but it's not connected. To resolve this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Make sure your Bluetooth headphones is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth headphones, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth headphones, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth headphones now.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Aug 4, 2018
  3. My bluetooth headset isn't listed in the playback devices list.

Original Title: Bluetooth device in playback devices list Windows 10.

I want to connect my Bose headset to my computer. The Bluetooth device list show them as paired. However my headset isn't listed in the playback devices list; so, I my computer can't send sound to my headset. How can I get my headset added to the playback
    devices list?

Dan.Anderson.9308, Aug 4, 2018
  4. 58
    58 Win User

Bluetooth Headphones - connected but not available as playback device

Thank you for your responses but so far none of these suggestions have worked. Again the problem I'm having is that while the device pairs it does not connect. After pairing there should be a playback device listed but it doesn't show. I'm looking for
    help getting the playback device to appear. Please assist if you are able. Thank you.

Thema:

1. Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones connect

2. Bluetooth Headphones are connected but will not appear as a playback device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones are connected but will not appear as a playback device.: I have a pair of Hifiman Deva 2 wireless headphones. When I purchased them back in the winter of 2021 they worked fine with my Windows 10 PC; however, now they do not appear as a playback device. I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem for months now. The headphones...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones are connected but will not appear as a playback device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones are connected but will not appear as a playback device.: I have a pair of Hifiman Deva 2 wireless headphones. When I purchased them back in the winter of 2021 they worked fine with my Windows 10 PC; however, now they do not appear as a playback device. I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem for months now. The headphones...
  4. Bluetooth Headphones are connected but will not appear as a playback device.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices

Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices: My headphones SOny xm4 were working just fine. But the last few days, they connect to Windows just fine, and show up as connected devices. However, they are not available as a playback device. I have checked/unchecked/rechecked the 'audio sink' setting through Services. I...
  6. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.: My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. They work when connected to other devices or when connected with wire. I tried every thing like reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, setting the Bluetooth services to automatic, not even visible in...
  7. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.: My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. They work when connected to other devices or when connected with wire. I tried every thing like reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, setting the Bluetooth services to automatic, not even visible in...
  8. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Connected bluetooth headset is not listed in playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connected bluetooth headset is not listed in playback devices: I paired my newly bought bluetooth headset to my pc Windows 10. When I go to Settings>Devices>Bluetooth & other devices, It show my headset is already connected and paired. And all devices are up-to-date. I resetted my pc recently Although it shows my device is ready to...
  10. Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices: Even after succefully pairing there is no audio in my bt audio dvices. Ive tried everything restarting bt services, updating drivers everything.But no success....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. im not gettin playback through my headphones

2. bletooth headphgone notlisted as audio device

3. bluetooth headphones not showing in playback