Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones no longer playing bass

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones no longer playing bass in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A week ago I acquired a bluetooth headset (Diver EF80), and was immediately able to set it up with my phone, no problems. I tried connecting it to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ent3rpris3, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Bluetooth headphones no longer playing bass

A week ago I acquired a bluetooth headset (Diver EF80), and was immediately able to set it up with my phone, no problems. I tried connecting it to my computer a few times, with limited success. Today, it connected without issue, and has been working great, until I noticed that if I was on either discord or teamspeak, no videos in my browser, nor any sound from other programs would play through. If I closed teamspeak and discord, youtube would work like there was never an issue to begin with. After tinkering with troubleshooters and "Allow programs exclusive use over this device" settings, I managed to get youtube to play in the background while I chat on teamspeak and discord, except now I'm not getting any bass lines. I've tried undoing my changes, but none have worked. Everything seems to be working fine, EXCEPT that I am no longer getting bass from the headphones. To clarify, when first connected, there WAS bass, but only one program worked at a time. Now, multiple programs WILL work, but there is no bass.

I've already looked into going into "Sound Device Manager" and clicking "Configure" on the headphones, but the configure button is grayed out and I can't click on it.

Some assistance would be much appreciated. *Smile

:)

Ent3rpris3, Sep 14, 2016
  2. Lynx101 Win User

Bluetooth Audio

Hi, happens on any song - here is how to replicate it.

• Turn Bluetooth on and connect to Bluetooth Speaker.
    • Play an album or track and keep playing.
    • With the track playing turn off Bluetooth.
    • Plug in headphones.
    • Continue song by pressing play (as it stopped when Bluetooth was turned off)

It's a if the audio no longer has bass or is converting down to a much lower bit rate. If I then skip to another track then all returns as normal (I thought I had broken my headphones when it first happened - not funny when you have £120 Bose headphones....
    LOL)

Lynx101, Sep 14, 2016
  3. Lynx101 Win User
    Bluetooth Audio

After connecting to a Bluetooth speaker and pluggin headphones back in, the sound throught the headphones is like having no bass. Changing the song cures the issue. Anyone seen this before?

Lynx101, Sep 14, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

Bluetooth headphones no longer playing bass

the basic procedure is to "Remove" the Headset from Bluetooth Devices Settings. Pair it again and see if it fixes.
    If not, remove again the Headset, go to Device Manager and "Brute Force" uninstall Bluetooth Driver. If theres is box " Delete Drive", check it. Go to Programs and Features and Uninstall Bluetooth Software. Reboot.
    Now you have 2 options:
    1) Goto to Device Manager click Bluetooth Device and Update Driver, Windows will search Online for latest Drivers
    2) Install the ORIGINAl BT Software that you got with Device or Download it from Website from your PC Manufacturer .
    If that all does not work, you have only the option to roll-back to your previous OS.

Adalwar, Sep 14, 2016
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones no longer playing bass

1. Bluetooth headphones no longer playing bass - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones longer

2. Bluetooth Headphones not Playing in Stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones not Playing in Stereo: I have a pair of Bose NC 700 headphones. They work in stereo when connected to my iPhone but when connected to my PC, they only play in mono. I previously had a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones which worked in stereo on my PC. When I check it in Bluetooth & Devices, it...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones not Playing in Stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones not Playing in Stereo: I have a pair of Bose NC 700 headphones. They work in stereo when connected to my iPhone but when connected to my PC, they only play in mono. I previously had a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones which worked in stereo on my PC. When I check it in Bluetooth & Devices, it...
  4. No bass from headphone port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No bass from headphone port: Hi there,Have an ASUS Vivobook 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 running windows 11 the problem was also the same with W10Whenever I play audio through the headphone port there is no bass. The entire sound is missing all the low end frequencies. Bluetooth devices work fine,...
  5. No bass from headphone port

No bass from headphone port: Hi there,Have an ASUS Vivobook 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 running windows 11 the problem was also the same with W10Whenever I play audio through the headphone port there is no bass. The entire sound is missing all the low end frequencies. Bluetooth devices work fine,...
  6. Bass through headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bass through headphones: When I watch videos on my Dell Inspiron with my headphones the bass starts off really loud then after anything from 3 to 20 minutes there is a slight crackle and the bass disappears. Does anyone have any advice to make this stop please? Thanks in advance...
  7. Bass through headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bass through headphones: When I watch videos on my Dell Inspiron with my headphones the bass starts off really loud then after anything from 3 to 20 minutes there is a slight crackle and the bass disappears. Does anyone have any advice to make this stop please? Thanks in advance...
  8. Bass through headphones

9. Headphones with bass boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones with bass boost: A while ago I got wireless headphones and now im putting them to use, i synced them with my pc but it has some type of bass boost effect, im not sure why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-with-bass-boost/36b90fa2-6dff-4a15-b7bf-8d72c0b7a10c
  10. Headphones no longer play Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones no longer play Audio: Suddenly today, without a single hardware/software change, when I opened my laptop and plugged in my headphones to start work, the audio no longer played through them. There was no abrupt damage to the 3.5mm plug on my laptop nor on the headphones; they worked fine earlier...