Windows 10: Bluetooth issues

Discus and support Bluetooth issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I purchased an HP Elitebook 2760p recently. It had previously been upgraded to windows 10. I have attempted to use the bluetooth and it doesn't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bh1217, Aug 30, 2017.

1. bh1217 Win User

Bluetooth issues

So I purchased an HP Elitebook 2760p recently. It had previously been upgraded to windows 10. I have attempted to use the bluetooth and it doesn't want to work. I am under the impression that this computer has bluetooth based on other threads and forums, but I don't even have the option to turn bluetooth on or off. I have also searched for a bluetooth adapter in device manager but I can't seem to find it in there. Is it simply a software issue or what? I am not very good with computers so I want to apologize in advance if some of the stuff I said/may say sound really dumb.

:)

bh1217, Aug 30, 2017

2. 616 Contact Download application missing

It did not work. The problem is similar to problems other users have had e.g., with N70 (Gen.error).
    Message Edited by bluetooth on 02-Aug-200701:49 PM

bluetooth---01, Aug 30, 2017
  3. 616 Contact Download application missing

I'll try the application I found from the CK 15-W support page (
    http://europe.nokia.com/A4368365
    ) ! My assumption is that it would work...

bluetooth---01, Aug 30, 2017
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Bluetooth issues

Hi, bn1217,

How recent want this purchase? Because that particular notebook has been around since 2011 - HP EliteBook 2760p Review. Anyway according to the spec's listed there it does have Bluetooth, but it's 2.1, where today's spec is 4.1.

That said, that's a really old laptop and you might see if there are Bluetooth drivers for that thing. You might also check your Bluetooth settings under Settings, Devices, Bluetooth, and make sure Bluetooth is turned on...

sygnus21, Aug 30, 2017
  5. bh1217 Win User
    Thank you for the reply sygnus21. I actually have a large gaming laptop but I needed something smaller and lighter to carry to college so I bought this really cheap. I purchased it back in may of this year. In the options there is no option to turn bluetooth on or off. Where would I find bluetooth drivers for it? I have looked and can't seem to find anything, but then again I am not really sure what to look for either.

bh1217, Aug 31, 2017
  6. sygnus21 Win User
    If you don't have the option to turn Bluetooth on or off, that means it isn't being seen or recognized. This could mean the unit is faulty, or there are no drivers for it.

Anyway I would suggest you look to HP to find Windows 10 drivers for it. If you can't or none exist, I might suggest you purchase a Bluetooth adapter if you need Bluetooth. One of these should work... Bluetooth USB Adapters, Bluetooth Dongles - Newegg.com

Let us know.

sygnus21, Aug 31, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    Berton, Aug 31, 2017
  8. Bluetooth issues

If your laptop supports USB over mini-Pcie connection, you can swap your wireless NIC to a model with Bluetooth then you get Bluetooth ability

theveterans, Aug 31, 2017
  9. sygnus21 Win User
    My initial reply to the OP I linked to a review with specs showing the notebook supporting Bluetooth 2.1...

Also if you click the more product details link on your linked page and scroll up, you'll see this...

Bluetooth issues [​IMG]

Which also lists Bluetooth.

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth issues

1. Bluetooth issues - Similar Threads - Bluetooth issues

2. Bluetooth Driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Driver issue: I have Toshiba L510 . running windows 10 Pro. Try to connect Bluetooth dongle but showing driver error in settings>connected devices section. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-driver-issue/4ab6e09c-ee4a-4156-9fd6-7e98c459d8ed
  3. Bluetooth Driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Driver issue: I have Toshiba L510 . running windows 10 Pro. Try to connect Bluetooth dongle but showing driver error in settings>connected devices section. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-driver-issue/4ab6e09c-ee4a-4156-9fd6-7e98c459d8ed
  4. Bluetooth Driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Issue: How do I prevent Windows from disabling the Bluetooth when the battery is low? I tried updating the driver and disabling the power management option which allows the computer to turn off the device. still no luck. Please suggest if you have experienced similar issues. OS Name...
  6. Bluetooth Issue

Bluetooth Issue: How do I prevent Windows from disabling the Bluetooth when the battery is low? I tried updating the driver and disabling the power management option which allows the computer to turn off the device. still no luck. Please suggest if you have experienced similar issues. OS Name...
  7. Bluetooth issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth issue: Noticed a yellow exclamation in 'Device Manager' under Bluetooth>Qualcomm Fastconnect 7800 Dual Bluetooth AdapterUninstalling it and reinstalling it did NOT resolve the issue after restart. Windows update was of no help either. What did resolve it was to 'Disable' the Windows...
  8. Bluetooth issue

Bluetooth issue: Noticed a yellow exclamation in 'Device Manager' under Bluetooth>Qualcomm Fastconnect 7800 Dual Bluetooth AdapterUninstalling it and reinstalling it did NOT resolve the issue after restart. Windows update was of no help either. What did resolve it was to 'Disable' the Windows...
  9. Bluetooth Issue After WIndows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Issue After WIndows Update: I recently upgraded my PC and re-installed windows. Had issues with bluetooth - couldn't find most of my devices and the ones I could find had limited audio connection and were breaking up. I fixed it by updating my motherboard BIOS. This was on Windoesn't 10. A new Windows...
  10. Bluetooth Issue After WIndows Update

Bluetooth Issue After WIndows Update: I recently upgraded my PC and re-installed windows. Had issues with bluetooth - couldn't find most of my devices and the ones I could find had limited audio connection and were breaking up. I fixed it by updating my motherboard BIOS. This was on Windoesn't 10. A new Windows...