Windows 10: Bluetooth Missing From Taskbar and Settings/Device

Discus and support Bluetooth Missing From Taskbar and Settings/Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Laptop Acer Aspire V Windows 10 Could anybody advise how I might get my bluetooth functionality back? It was working before. The bluetooth icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomBrooklyn, May 1, 2016.

1. Bluetooth Missing From Taskbar and Settings/Device

Laptop Acer Aspire V
    Windows 10

Could anybody advise how I might get my bluetooth functionality back? It was working before.

The bluetooth icon is gone from the taskbar, and it's missing from Settings/Device.

I can't hook up my external bluetooth speaker. I was able to as recently as a few days ago.

I recently plugged in a bt dongle for a wireless mouse; but I'm almost sure I've used the bt speaker since then.

I also use the speaker with a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. I've been able to use the speaker going back and forth between the phone and the laptop before.

Bluetooth shows in the Device Manager.

:)

TomBrooklyn, May 1, 2016
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

bluetooth windows 10

Hi Rose,

Here's how to find the Bluetooth settings:

• Select Start>
      Settings>
      Devices>
      Bluetooth.
    • Select More Bluetooth options
      to find more Bluetooth settings.

If Bluetooth is missing or can't be turned on, check
    Device Manager
    to make sure you have the latest Bluetooth drivers installed.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type
      Device Manager, select it from the list of results, and then expand
      Bluetooth
      in Device Manager.

• Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth radio, then select
      Update Driver Software
      >Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

Keep us posted.

Anne Fuj, May 1, 2016
  3. missing bluetooth

Hi EdSellers1,

I am sorry to hear your icon went missing that shows your bluetooth status. I would say lets start with verifying that the bluetooth setting is on, and then verify that the icon is selected to show in your system tray. To do that, I have provided steps below
    along with some resources that have screen shots if that will help!

1. go to your start menu

2. select the settings wheel

3. select devices from the settings page

3. select bluetooth and other devices

4. at the top of the screen, the on button should be to the right and showing blue (if it is on). If it is off, it will be grey and the button will be slid to the left.

5. if bluetooth was off, you should now see it in your system tray (notification area). If not, then you can do the following...

6. right click on your notification area and select Taskbar Settings.

7. at the bottom of the taskbar settings there should be a Notification area, select the select which icons to appear on the taskbar.

8. You should be able to verify that the bluetooth notification is turned on.

Here are the two articles that have screen shots that should be able to assist in case its helpful to see the steps as well:

http://www.intowindows.com/fix-bluetooth-icon-m...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-manage-bluet...

If that does not help, please let me know as we can continue to work on your issue to get you back to working order.

have a great day,

Danielle

DanielleFergus, May 1, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Bluetooth Missing From Taskbar and Settings/Device

............. I was able to a week or so ago .....................

Suggestion only :

Do a system restore. Pick a date at least a week ago as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, May 2, 2016
  5. I didn't do anything, and it came back on its own. I don't know where it went, but it's back. Maybe it came back on a reboot.

So I didn't have to do a System Restore.

Thanks.

TomBrooklyn, May 2, 2016
  6. Well the part about it being on the taskbar as you can set which shortcuts you want to display. You can go into connections and select bluetooth. Sometimes I have to re-pair my external bluetooth speaker. Sometimes I just turn bluetooth off and on to find the device or selecte delete device and then it pops back up and I re-pair.

orlbuckeye, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth Missing From Taskbar and Settings/Device

1. Bluetooth Missing From Taskbar and Settings/Device - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Missing Taskbar

2. Bluetooth is missing from my device manager and taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is missing from my device manager and taskbar: I can't add device as it doesn't give me an option to switch on/off, but I can see bluetooth and devices, it's showing running on Windows key + R, services.msc.It is Windows 11.I have tried to find bluetooth to update the driver couldn't find. Long time didn't use bluetooth,...
  3. Bluetooth is missing from my device manager and taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is missing from my device manager and taskbar: I can't add device as it doesn't give me an option to switch on/off, but I can see bluetooth and devices, it's showing running on Windows key + R, services.msc.It is Windows 11.I have tried to find bluetooth to update the driver couldn't find. Long time didn't use bluetooth,...
  4. Bluetooth is missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is missing from device manager: Hi,I recently switched from Ubuntu 20.04 to Windows 11. It was working fine but suddenly my Bluetooth stopped working. Its icon is missing.imageThis is also missing the turn on button from setting Bluetooth & device settings. this is so strange because it was working properly...
  5. Bluetooth missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth missing from Device Manager: I'm not entirely sure what happened but I left my PC on a Windows Defender Full Scan before I went away for 15minutes. My PC was shut down when I was back and after turning it on, the Bluetooth icon disappeared and I couldn't find it in device manager unless I click "show...
  6. Bluetooth missing from device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth missing from device: Hello, I have lenovo thinkpad T410, Windows 10 64 bit. and bluetooth missing from my device. 1- I installed bluetooth from lenovo website but still the same problem disappear from Device Manager 2- I troubleshooting bluetooth but still the same problem. 3- I don't...
  7. Bluetooth icon is missing from taskbar

Bluetooth icon is missing from taskbar: My Bluetooth icon is missing from taskbar after recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-icon-is-missing-from-taskbar/57ad7aa6-1616-4fe5-8982-5619553dd8ce
  8. Bluetooth missing from device manager

Bluetooth missing from device manager: In the middle of listening to my bluetooth speaker last night, I went to unpair the speaker, windows said I could not remove the device. At this time I noticed the button to enable or disable bluetooth was no longer there. Also the bluetooth icon in the system tray...
  9. Bluetooth missing from device manager

Bluetooth missing from device manager: Hello, I recently started using my bluetooth on my laptop and one morning after booting up my devices could no longer connect. My bluetooth could initially be found by viewing hidden devices, but running the troubleshooter would simply state that bluetooth is not available...
  10. Option to play audio from Bluetooth device is missing from Settings

Option to play audio from Bluetooth device is missing from Settings: I want to stream audio via Bluetooth from my Android phone to my laptop running Windows 10 version 1703, but the option to play audio from phone via Bluetooth is not showing up on Settings>Bluetooth and Other Devices. Obviously, I have already paired my Android device with my...