Windows 10: Bluetooth Mouse either does not connect or stops working after moving stops

Discus and support Bluetooth Mouse either does not connect or stops working after moving stops in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before I go into more detail, here's what I'm using: Macbook Pro 2016 with Touch Bar (Model A1706) Tecknet BM307 Bluetooth mouse Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by D. Zydek, Jul 11, 2018.

1. D. Zydek Win User

Bluetooth Mouse either does not connect or stops working after moving stops

Before I go into more detail, here's what I'm using:

Macbook Pro 2016 with Touch Bar (Model A1706)

Tecknet BM307 Bluetooth mouse

Windows 10 Home (Version 1803, OS build 17134.165)
    I got the product key from my previous Windows laptop (HP Streambook 13")
    and used it in account settings.

The subject explains it all, I use bootcamp rather than MacOS, which has no problem pairing with the mouse, but trying to connect it in Windows is not too easy. Whenever I attempt to connect, it detects the mouse and keeps showing "Connecting..." for hours on end, or it would connect and it would work as normal, but it has to stay moving or otherwise it simply stops working. Windows says it's connected and the mouse is still turned on and with full batteries but the pointer won't move.

After countless looking around frequently asked questions including Microsoft's, it simply just says turn the mouse on and off or restart the system which doesn't work. I unpaired it in MacOS to see if it worked, but no changes.

Now, I'm just not sure. Windows clearly has the drivers installed but it has problems keeping a connection with the mouse, or that's what I think. Sure, the touchpad is nice, but I find using a mouse far more easier when I'm at the desk.

Any ideas?

:)

D. Zydek, Jul 11, 2018

2. Bluetooth mouse stops working

Thank for all the folks for the replies!

I followed all the troubleshooting steps described earlier, except the driver update. Actually i have the MS provided driver for the mouse, once the manufacturer didn't provide other driver for Win10x64. Basically, I don't found any error on drivers (mouse
    or BT adapter), so I guess this not a software related issue.

It is very strange that sometimes the mouse didn't stop working suddenly, before this the cursor just slow down, start to jump and the stop moving at all. If I have another wired mouse connected, in the BT device manager I can see that the mouse still connected
    and no error message regarding to the connection or hardware.

I guess that this issue is caused by the radio interference between the BT and WiFi adapter, but I have no idea how to debug this... There is any tool to do this one?

Thanks in advance, Your help really appreciated!

ZoltanTheHun, Jul 11, 2018
  3. wireless mouse stopped working

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why your wireless mouse has stopped working is due to a driver or software conflict. Since you have already tried some troubleshooting steps, we would suggest you to follow the methods provided on this

support link
    on how to Resolve Bluetooth mouse or keyboard failure to function.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jul 11, 2018
  4. ATats70 Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse - stops working

Recently after an update to Windows 10, my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse stops working.

After looking at some posts. The following steps seem to work.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth uninstall devices, then under actions Scan for hardware changes.

This seems to work and the mouse works again however, these steps are repeated over the course of the day as the mouse stops working randomly.

I also notice that under other devices I have a number of devices that seem to be unknown

Bluetooth Mouse either does not connect or stops working after moving stops abf5f1d8-87fa-45b6-865d-0d934c380f6d.png

I also have a Microsoft phone 950xl and 640 however these drivers are for other nokia phones which we do not have.

Can someone suggest a permanent fix to (a) the Bluetooth mouse not needing to be reset the way I have been doing this (as listed above) and (b) a fix for these other devices.

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 Series

ATats70, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Mouse either does not connect or stops working after moving stops - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Mouse either

2. USB Mouse stopped working including bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Mouse stopped working including bluetooth: Recently, due to bluescreen error I reseted my laptophp Compaq 610. After the reset every thing was ok but I found that usb mouse including bluetooth stopped working. Although, both were working fine before reset.I updated my laptop's drivers but the mouse drive...
  3. USB Mouse stopped working including bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Mouse stopped working including bluetooth: Recently, due to bluescreen error I reseted my laptophp Compaq 610. After the reset every thing was ok but I found that usb mouse including bluetooth stopped working. Although, both were working fine before reset.I updated my laptop's drivers but the mouse drive...
  4. USB Mouse stopped working including bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Arc Bluetooth Mouse stopped working

Microsoft Arc Bluetooth Mouse stopped working: I'm running Win 10 Enterprise 1903 My Microsoft Arc Mouse has stopped working. I have removed and reconnected it but it shows a Driver Error in the in the Blueooth and Other Devices settings. Is this a problem with a recent update or is it likely that the mouse is faulty?...
  6. Bluetooth connection stopped working

Bluetooth connection stopped working: When i turned on my computer, my speaker was not connected as usual, so i went to the Bluetooth settings, and it told me bluetooth was turned off. So i tried to update my drivers, but i could not find bluetooth anywhere. Next I ran the troubleshooter, but it told me my device...
  7. microsoft go bluetooth mouse stopped working

microsoft go bluetooth mouse stopped working: my Bluetooth Microsoft GO mouse stopped working, the battery is fine and Bluetooth is on but my GO doesn't see it anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-go-bluetooth-mouse-stopped-working/f9669f02-67e3-4150-ac77-689f2d5c3715
  8. bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working

bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working: Windows 10 Pro x64 Logitech M535 mouse My mouse stopped working while using my computer. (Yes, I changed the battery just in case.) In the process of troubleshooting and several failed attempts to restore use of my mouse, I noticed a few noteworthy things: 1) Bluetooth is...
  9. bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working: Windows 10 Pro x64 Logitech M535 mouse My mouse stopped working while using my computer. (Yes, I changed the battery just in case.) In the process of troubleshooting and several failed attempts to restore use of my mouse, I noticed a few noteworthy things: 1) Bluetooth is...
  10. Bluetooth connected mouse stop working after SSD is plugged in

Bluetooth connected mouse stop working after SSD is plugged in: Hi. I have struggled for a while now with this issue, having to restore windows from scratch. After all was good to go, i linked my MX2 logitech mouse via bluetooth to windows. worked for several hours, until i plugged my Samsung SSD T3 500GB external drive to the PC, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tecknet mouse bluetooth connects does not work