Windows 10: Bluetooth mouse not working

Discus and support Bluetooth mouse not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have just set up the dual boot on this machine and just cannot get the Blu tooth mouse (generic brand) to work in 10. I have installed the correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ICIT2LOL, Apr 6, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Bluetooth mouse not working

Have just set up the dual boot on this machine and just cannot get the Blu tooth mouse (generic brand) to work in 10.

I have installed the correct driver checked for updates etc but it just keeps searching any ideas please - the mouse works perfectly in the 7 boot.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Apr 6, 2017
  2. Tony Mock Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse not working after installing Creators Update

AR

ArekSkibicki, I've been having the same problem and I was able to get my mouse to work (soft of). I used another mouse to turn off the Bluetooth,
    under settings. Then I went into the Device Manager and uninstalled ALL instances of ANY mouse. Then I rebooted. My Microsoft Sculpt BLUETOOTH mouse was working!!! I went into the bluetooth section of the Settings and to my surprise, my bluetooth was turned
    OFF. Yes, bluetooth was off, BUT my BLUETOOTH mouse was working. Go figure. So, for jollies, I used my BLUETOOTH mouse to 'turn on' bluetooth. Guess what, after turning on bluetooth...WITH MY BLUETOOTH MOUSE...my BLUETOOTH mouse no longer worked. So,
    I'm just keeping my bluetooth set to off and enjoying my BLUETOOTH mouse without BLUETOOTH!!! Bluetooth mouse not working :D I hope this works for you as well....VERY, VERY FRUSTRATING.

Tony Mock, Apr 6, 2017
  3. Lumia 950 XL Continuum problem with tactil mouse

This is what happened to me. Worked great until I paired up a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard now the mouse touch pad does not work. only the Bluetooth mouse or wired usb mouse will work. on screen keyboard still works.

JoeCarroll_280, Apr 6, 2017
  4. Bluetooth mouse not working

Have you had the mouse working with another Windows 10 system? Depending on the age of the mouse it may not be compatible with W10.

Shadowzone, Apr 6, 2017
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Hello Shadow I have only ever used this one and another on my Asus ROG - made for Big W (BE brand) and was only $22 but at least it worked which is more than can be said for the expensive Logitec, Microsoft Sculpt and Gigabyte ones I tried.

I shall dig those out again if I haven't thrown them out and try - just cannot see why it works in 7 but not 10. Do you reckon it could be down to having the driver for the machine card installed twice - just a thought??

ICIT2LOL, Apr 6, 2017
  6. If you are talking about the W7/10 dual boot? It shouldn't have any issues with the driver being installed for both systems as they run independently. Bluetooth is still just a connection medium like USB, it just happens to be wireless. This means a device connecting via Bluetooth will still need to have W10 drivers to connect and work. My suggestion would be to consider how much time and energy you are putting into getting the mouse working versus buying a new mouse that is W10 compatible. *Smile

Shadowzone, Apr 6, 2017
  7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yes mate that is just what I am going to do but I have installed both 7 and 10 64bit drivers for the Blu tooth and like I mentioned the expensive ones were worse than useless. Plus I live in the country so it makes it difficult just to nip down the local stores and buy another.

The experience I have had with Blu tooth anyway has been a very hit and miss one and the BE brand I only bought it out of curiosity and well it worked.

Now again out of curiosity I just got the mouse for the main laptop (Asus ROG) it works with that machine and switched off my 7 one unplugged the wired thing I have been using and tried to get the main laptop mouse to get "seen" but no go.

So it is obviously - to me - that the 10 boot is not going to pick up either of these actually working mice for whatever reason and I'll dig out those expensive ones just to see if it is the card being picky at the brand being used - nothing to lose eh??

ICIT2LOL, Apr 6, 2017
  8. Bluetooth mouse not working

Bluetooth devices also dont always like to pair to more than one device. Whenever a Bluetooth device is connected it generates a key that is used to communicate between the devices. This key is specific to a device, so unless it is unpaired with the old device then repaired with the new one it wont work. Now, its the same device as its the same machine. However the key may be stored on the computer and not on the bluetooth reciever so the key stays with the Windows installation. This could explain why it works in 7 but not 10.

ArazelEternal, Apr 6, 2017
  9. Sounds plausible. You could try unpairing the mouse under W7 and then try to pair again under W10. The ROG Bluetooth should be smart enough to pair with multiple devices, but maybe the mouse can't.

ICIT2LOL - If you have installed W7 and W10 Bluetooth drivers (I'm assuming you mean the Bluetooth adapter, not the mouse) to your W10 OS, uninstall the W7 drivers and reinstall W10 drivers as yes that could cause an issue as well.

I get the 'living in the country' thing. I'm 200kms NW of Adelaide, 100kms from any major regional centre, eBay is my friend... *Wink

Shadowzone, Apr 6, 2017
  10. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yes mate I think I shall use one of those nasty little dongle mice for the time being as I am trying to set up "optimise" three 10 installs right now, and all have different builds and versions*Huh

I'm 40kms out of Orange so not as isolated as regards EBay you I will PM you anyway.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth mouse not working

1. Bluetooth mouse not working - Similar Threads - Bluetooth mouse working

2. My Bluetooth mouse not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth mouse not working: My mouse not working on wondows 10, still new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-mouse-not-working/b374ab5b-237d-42d9-8aac-d2c916122b48
  3. My Bluetooth mouse not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bluetooth mouse not working: My mouse not working on wondows 10, still new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-mouse-not-working/b374ab5b-237d-42d9-8aac-d2c916122b48
  4. My Bluetooth mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth mouse not working?

Bluetooth mouse not working?: so, my bluetooth mouse has worked for a pretty long time, and it still does on my desktop. But on my laptop, now everytime I plug the bluetooth connector in and turn it on, my mouse wont click anything, and it my mousepad wont click anything either. Is there a way to fix...
  6. Bluetooth mouse not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse not working?: so, my bluetooth mouse has worked for a pretty long time, and it still does on my desktop. But on my laptop, now everytime I plug the bluetooth connector in and turn it on, my mouse wont click anything, and it my mousepad wont click anything either. Is there a way to fix...
  7. Bluetooth mouse not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bluetooth mouse doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth mouse doesn't work: Hello guys, I just bought the microsoft bluetooth mobile mouse 3600 for my xps 13 2-in-1 and the mouse only works for a couple of seconds. I did some research and it appears I'm not the only one with this problem. Have any of you guys found a solution to this problem or have...
  9. Bluetooth Mouse Scroll not working

Bluetooth Mouse Scroll not working: I have a Microsoft Bluetooth wedge mouse that I bought with my laptop a few years ago. The mouse works fine except the scroll. I don't know when this problem started as I hadn't used it in a while, but it seemed to be working fine until I tried to use it two weeks ago. Any...
  10. Bluetooth mouse not working

Bluetooth mouse not working: I have a Bluetooth 3.0 mouse that stopped functioning 2 days ago. I have un-installed and reinstalled the mouse several times. In the Bluetooth window, the mouse shows "connected" but doesn't say it is "paired." My laptop is a Dell XPS 15 and uses Windows 10. My Bluetooth...