Windows 10: Bluetooth not working any more on my DELL XPS

Discus and support Bluetooth not working any more on my DELL XPS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Sirs, I am using a DELL XPS 13 with Windows 10. After years of normal Bluetooth operation, I cannot connect use anymore the Bluetooth interface.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Riccardo Scopigno, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Bluetooth not working any more on my DELL XPS

Dear Sirs,

I am using a DELL XPS 13 with Windows 10.

After years of normal Bluetooth operation, I cannot connect use anymore the Bluetooth interface.

Apparently the interface works and can detect and associate new devices. However, it can only associate and not connect!!!

In particular, it does not work any more with two serial BT adapters which used to work.

I have already tried with all the DELL and Windows indications avaialble (check drivers, update them, disable/enable the interface, disinstall and restart, set in automatic start, etc). No way!

The BT device is Dell Wireless 1820A Bluetooth 4.1 LE.

It might be related to the 1803 Windows update, as far as I could read over Internet.

FYI, also my Samsung printer (USB connected) cannot work anymore nad they say it may be related to the Windows update.

Any suggestions please? It is urgent, thanks.

:)

Riccardo Scopigno, Jul 9, 2018
  2. doobes Win User

Dell XPS 13 lost Bluetooth after Dell update

Hi all,

Sorry for this being my first post, but I've run into a Bluetooth problem and cannot seem to get past it.

I've got a Dell XPS 13 9333 (the initial one) that has performed well for me with the exception of occasional Bluetooth driver burp. In the past I've been able to restore functionality by reinstalling the driver, doing a system restore, etc.

Trouble is, this time, I've run into a brick wall.

Last night I got an alert from the Dell Update daemon that they were installing an update.

This morning everything was working fine and then blink, no more bluetooth mouse. Cycling power on the mouse did nothing and a quick check indicated no Bluetooth device listing in Settings->Devices.

I've downloaded the Intel bluetooth drivers from the Dell website and initially did a repair, and then when that didn't work a removal and then installation. No luck. I've also done a

Restarting the laptop doesn't change anything. No bluetooth.

Looking in the Device Manager, there is no listing for any Bluetooth devices.

Any ideas?

Chris

doobes, Jul 9, 2018
  3. DELL XPS 17 L702X loses bluetooth connection

Hi Paven!

I am sorry but I tried all the steps you suggested with no luck getting Microsoft 5000 Bluetooth mouse to stay conected on the DELL XPS.

It could be that an updated Intel Centrino driver is needed but in going to Intel they say there is no driver update available, albeit DELL does say that this particular machine is not going to be supported under Windows 10.

I also own a DELL Precision 6800 and the new Intel driver did work for the Bluetooth problem on that machine.

I guess we'll just have to wait until a driver is available.

I will also say that I tried to connect an MX Anywhere Bluetooth mouse to the DELL Xps with no luck. It would not even pair or see the mouse.

I have been able to use Bluetooth headphones with the XPS.

Thanks for you help!

Doug

DougJonsen, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Treblig41 Win User

Bluetooth not working any more on my DELL XPS

Dell XPS 8300 bluetooth problem with Windows 10 upgrade

Thanks again for the suggestions for getting Bluetooth to work on a 4 year old

Dell XPS 8300; Pentium i7, 16GB RAM, 2TB HD, factory installed Bluetooth.

I was stirred into having another go at using the workaround suggested on the

Dell forum previously referenced (see above).

It seems to have worked this time and here are the details, in 4 Stages.
    A. Download the Lenovo Broadcom driver installation file (h0wz07ww.exe) from the

Lenovo link given in the Dell forum shown in my earlier post. i.e.

1. Go to Downloads Detail ds031759 - us and download the

driver install file and readme file.
    B. Delete any existing Bluetooth drivers as follows:

2. Press Win+X, then click Control Panel.

3. Click Program and Features. (Search for "Program" if you don't see it)

4. Click View then select Details.

5. Type Bluetooth in the Search box

6. Uninstall all drivers listed. I had two.

7. Close Control Panel and ReStart the PC
    C. Install the new driver:

8. In File Explorer, find the file h0wz07ww.exe, right click and choose

"Run as Administrator.

9. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete installation and

Restart the computer.

10. Finally delete the files saved in the step 1 if you wish.
    D. The blue Bluetooth icon then appeared in the System Tray and I was finally

able to connect other Bluetooth devices to the PC.

Looking for the properties of the Bluetooth driver and hardware gave:

12. By repeating Steps 2 to 5, the new bluetooth driver is shown as

"Lenovo Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software".

13. Opening Device Manager, the Bluetooth card itself is shown as

"Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module".

Strange to have to go to Lenovo to get a Dell factory installed Bluetooth card

working, but it seems to be a Broadcom unit underneath.

Hope this helps someone else.

Treblig41, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth not working any more on my DELL XPS

1. Bluetooth not working any more on my DELL XPS - Similar Threads - Bluetooth working more

2. Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working: Hi,I have a Dell XPS, the wifi driver is not working. I have been in contact with both Dell and Intel about this. Intel advised that I should download the Dell driver rather than the generic driver provided by Intel. However, it seems that a Microsoft driver is being...
  3. Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working: Hi,I have a Dell XPS, the wifi driver is not working. I have been in contact with both Dell and Intel about this. Intel advised that I should download the Dell driver rather than the generic driver provided by Intel. However, it seems that a Microsoft driver is being...
  4. Dell XPS Touchscreen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS Touchscreen not working: Hi everyone!I have saw some posts regarding the Dell XPS 9310 and others that have touchscreen but suddenly it doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 or Windows 11.Like this post was locked, I couldn't answer to it...
  5. Dell XPS Touchscreen not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell XPS Touchscreen not working: Hi everyone!I have saw some posts regarding the Dell XPS 9310 and others that have touchscreen but suddenly it doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 or Windows 11.Like this post was locked, I couldn't answer to it...
  6. Dell XPS 13 9350 Bluetooth missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 13 9350 Bluetooth missing: Hey all,I've had my pc for a good 4+ years and Bluetooth has always worked, but today upon starting up Bluetooth is nowhere to be found. after running through just about every bluetooth related thread on this forum I have tried everything. None of the solutions work and I am...
  7. Lost my Dell XPS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost my Dell XPS: Hi guysany recommendations what I can do to locate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-dell-xps/6ff65ded-874a-4e76-a602-1f025804bbf3
  8. Bluetooth not working after update (Dell XPS 9575)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working after update (Dell XPS 9575): I heard about friends having this issue this morning, and now my Bluetooth is also gone. I assume it’s come from the windows update. When I go to Device Manager, it says that “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)” in the Bluetooth...
  9. Bluetooth is not working xps 13

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is not working xps 13: The Bluetooth on my laptop has suddenly stopped working, I cannot turn it on. I have already tried: 1. Running the Bluetooth trouble shooter. I get a "Check Bluetooth radio status - not fixed" error. 2. Updating the qualcomm Bluetooth driver 3. Uninstalling and...
  10. Dell XPS 13 lost Bluetooth after Dell update

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 13 lost Bluetooth after Dell update: Hi all, Sorry for this being my first post, but I've run into a Bluetooth problem and cannot seem to get past it. I've got a Dell XPS 13 9333 (the initial one) that has performed well for me with the exception of occasional Bluetooth driver burp. In the past I've been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DEll XPS Bluetooth enable on XPS 8300

2. bluetooth not working on dell xps

3. my bluetooth is not working dell xps tried everything

4. how can i tell if my dell xps bluetooth hardware