Windows 10: Bluetooth Not Working - Can't Find In Device Manager - Windows 10

Discus and support Bluetooth Not Working - Can't Find In Device Manager - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey Guys, having the same issue as per the below. I conducted all the same actions however still no joy seeing my hardware in the device manager. Ass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanzoElzo, Jul 21, 2018.

1. DanzoElzo Win User

Bluetooth Not Working - Can't Find In Device Manager - Windows 10

Hey Guys, having the same issue as per the below. I conducted all the same actions however still no joy seeing my hardware in the device manager. Ass assistance is appreciated.

"Today my bluetooth mouse and keyboard suddenly stopped working. After I tried to troubleshoot myself bluetooth is no longer appearing in device manager. Here is the series of events as best I remember;

- I tried removing and re-adding the devices but it didn't work so I tried to find the bluetooth on/off button. However I don't think the current version of Windows 10 has one, so I went to the device manager to find my bluetooth.

- In device manager I tried updating bluetooth drivers. After the update (and computer restart) bluetooth was missing from device manager. So I used windows troubleshooter as was told no bluetooth device exists on my computer. When I navigate to bluetooth settings it now says "bluetooth is turned off" under my devices and "can't connect" when I try to add a new device.

Bluetooth Not Working - Can't Find In Device Manager - Windows 10 30a8b372-6578-40c7-94c7-eca355862303.jpg

- I believe at this point I did a system restore to a few days ago (before issue occurred). Issue persists.

- Then went back to device manager and found bluetooth is completely gone. So I followed steps on microsoft website (4th option down about not appearing in device manager) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems-faq

- By showing hidden devices I found things that had bluetooth in the name under USB extensible 3.0 host controller. (sorry forgot names, didn't take screenshots. Some were just the names of the mouse and keyboard, I think one was just generically "bluetooth") I tried right clicking and updating drivers (no luck). At some point I looked at properties and saw code 45 (currently hardware device is not connected).

- Tried downloading PC manufacturer drivers (no luck).

- Finally tried uninstalling the device as microsoft recommends. However when I restarted my computer all of those bluetooth options were completely gone and windows did not automatically install the default driver.

I'm really sorry this explanation of my issue isn't better. I've done support myself and I'm embarrassed at the lack of screenshots and documentation. When my bluetooth devices disconnected I didn't think to document my steps because surely it would be fixed in 10 seconds. Instead I've spent 2 hours insanely frustrated trying to fix this. I know for a fact my laptop is bluetooth capable, but for some reason the bluetooth device has simply disappeared."

:)

DanzoElzo, Jul 21, 2018
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Heldeiver Win User
    Bluetooth is not working (it is not in Device Manager)

Hello,

I have Dell Studio 1558, when I upgraded windows from 7 to 10, bluetooth have stopped working. It disappeared from Device Manager and i can´t install it back. Does anyone know the solutions please?

Thank you

Heldeiver, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Bluetooth Not Working - Can't Find In Device Manager - Windows 10

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth Not Working - Can't Find In Device Manager - Windows 10

1. Bluetooth Not Working - Can't Find In Device Manager - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Working Can't

2. How to find bluetooth on device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find bluetooth on device manager?: I recently got a dell optiplex desk top 7040 and could not find blue tooth on it. It is not there in device manager either. Please help. Went through all the websites and tried all the suggestions....
  3. How to find bluetooth on device manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find bluetooth on device manager?: I recently got a dell optiplex desk top 7040 and could not find blue tooth on it. It is not there in device manager either. Please help. Went through all the websites and tried all the suggestions....
  4. Bluetooth Not Working - Can't Find In Device Manager - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Not Working - Can't Find In Device Manager - Windows 10: I have the same issue with my friend as here "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-cant-find-in-device-manager/ccfa2f34-ac5e-4718-b499-e6050e511a41".I've done all the things he did. Also the solution that fixed the problem for him didn't...
  5. Bluetooth Not Working - Can't Find In Device Manager - Windows 10

Bluetooth Not Working - Can't Find In Device Manager - Windows 10: I have the same issue with my friend as here "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-cant-find-in-device-manager/ccfa2f34-ac5e-4718-b499-e6050e511a41".I've done all the things he did. Also the solution that fixed the problem for him didn't...
  6. Bluetooth Not Working - Can't Find In Device Manager - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth not working - can't find in device manager - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not working - can't find in device manager - Windows 11: Hi,So I had a Bluetooth keyboard connected to dell Inspiron 15 5584, suddenly it stopped working. I checked my quick settings tab and the Bluetooth toggle was missing. Tried going to Settings > Bluetooth and devices > add a device and it tells me that to make sure that my...
  8. Bluetooth not working - can't find in device manager - Windows 11

Bluetooth not working - can't find in device manager - Windows 11: Hi,So I had a Bluetooth keyboard connected to dell Inspiron 15 5584, suddenly it stopped working. I checked my quick settings tab and the Bluetooth toggle was missing. Tried going to Settings > Bluetooth and devices > add a device and it tells me that to make sure that my...
  9. Bluetooth Not Working - Can't Find In Device Manager - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Not Working - Can't Find In Device Manager - Windows 10: I have the same problem as the following link and have tried the stuff mentioned firsthttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-cant-find-in-device-manager/ccfa2f34-ac5e-4718-b499-e6050e511a41but the reply given wasn't helpful to me as the...
  10. Can't find bluetooth in the device manager/settings/control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find bluetooth in the device manager/settings/control panel: I followed these steps and could finally turn my laptop's Bluetooth on. Is there any possibility that the undergone actions that could affect my laptop's integrity in some way? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant find bluetooth device

2. bluetooth not in device manager windows 10

3. cant find bluetooth in device manager

4. windows 10 bluetooth cant find device,
  5. windows cannot find bluetooth,
  6. blue tooth minix device manger,
  7. windows 10 bluetooth wont find devices,
  8. windows 10 bluetooth cant find my device,
  9. not possible to uninstall bluetooth device from device manager,
  10. i cant find bluetooth in device manager but my pc can use bluetooth,
  11. cant find bluetooth device manager,