Windows 10: Bluetooth on Win10 is a PITA, esp. file transfers...

Discus and support Bluetooth on Win10 is a PITA, esp. file transfers... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Bluetooth handling on Windows 10 in general is greatly annoying IMHO and lacks a decent control-panel or -app but File transfers are a special PITA!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mmo, Aug 1, 2018.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Bluetooth on Win10 is a PITA, esp. file transfers...

Bluetooth handling on Windows 10 in general is greatly annoying IMHO and lacks a decent control-panel or -app but File transfers are a special PITA!

Whenever I want to transfer a couple of files (typically pictures) from my phone to my Surface Pro 4 I can rest assured that this will work in less than 25%! Meanwhile I learned that I have a slightly better chance, if I transfer the files one by one (what a joy if I want to transfer a dozen or so!) but even then the transfer will frequently hang somewhere between 50% and 100%. *Mad

Why do I have to prime my laptop each time before receiving a file by selecting "Receive a file"? Why can't this thing not simply receive those files (or at most pop up a dialog "Accept file <...> from device <...>?" that one could simple and quickly accept by just hitting "Enter"?)
    What's the purpose of having to "pair" devices first, if I then don't trust them when sharing/sending files? And why is this so darn unreliable?

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 and has seldom problems connecting with or transmitting file to/from other devices, but Win10-devices are a special case... :-(

:)

2. NotBobNot Win User

Windows 10 and bluetooth file transfer from phone

Concerning the tedious nature of sending one file at a time between an Android phone and Win10...

It's still annoying (and not pleasantly workable like Win7), however I have figured out a way to send more than one file at a time. (This assumes you are already paired up between devices, and you already know how to transfer a single file.)

For Android, from the Play store, download an improved file manager, like File Commander (or another one that allows multiple file selections.)

• In File Commander, from the Home screen, go to Pictures (or wherever the files are)
    • Once you have a list of files, press on a file you want to transfer, and hold... until the background turns gray. It is now selected, and will remain selected.
    • Now press on another file you want to transfer, hold, etc, like the step above.
    • Repeat the previous step as many times as you want to select more files. (I've successfully done 20 files at one time. There may be some limit on either the sending or receiving side.)
    Once you have all of your files selected, set your Win10 computer to receive a bluetooth transfer.

Going back to the Android phone... In File Commander, press the triple-dot menu, then share, then bluetooth, and select your Win10 computer

All of the files will transfer in one shot. You still need to confirm the location of the files in Win10 once the transfer is complete, but you have multiple files transferred at one time. It helps.

NotBobNot, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Fault trying to share photos from phone to laptop via Bluetooth

While waiting for replies I solved this - in Windows 10 by the following steps where -> means click/select.
    • Start -> Settings-> Devices -> Bluetooth.
    • At this point ensure Bluetooth is on and device you wish to make the transfer from is listed and paired.
    • At the bottom of the same page under Related Settings -> Send or receive files via Bluetooth -> Receive files.
    • The Waiting for connection page appears stay on this page and initiate the transfer from your device.
    • The file is being received window appears with a progress bar when this is complete you will be asked where to save the file and Finish
    It appears these steps have to be performed for each individual file transferred therefore I've pinned the Settings window with Bluetooth selected to the task bar.

SlainteMhath, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Bluetooth on Win10 is a PITA, esp. file transfers...

Bluetooth File Transfer not responding

Hi there, I am able to receive files to my PC using my PC's Bluetooth application, but experience issues when trying to transfer a file from my PC to my mobile device.

These are the steps I take:

• Activate Bluetooth on mobile device (Windows Bluetooth already active)
    • Open Send a File option
    • Window opens where you have the option to "Select where to send your files"
    • Select relevant mobile device from the list and click Next

This is where I get stuck. It stays on this window and all that happens is, the list of devices disappear and not long after this the window says "Not Responding"

Nothing ever happens from there, so I just open up Task Manager and End the application.

Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks,

marikaburger, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth on Win10 is a PITA, esp. file transfers...

1. Bluetooth on Win10 is a PITA, esp. file transfers... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Win10 PITA

2. efi and esp files missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    efi and esp files missing: so, I am running a dual boot configuration on a steam deck, after having a corrupt steam install i reinstalled steam and found that windows 11 efi and esp files are missing from their drives, while the partition for windows is completely safe and secure, i would highly prefer...
  3. efi and esp files missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    efi and esp files missing: so, I am running a dual boot configuration on a steam deck, after having a corrupt steam install i reinstalled steam and found that windows 11 efi and esp files are missing from their drives, while the partition for windows is completely safe and secure, i would highly prefer...
  4. Bluetooth file transferring issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth file transferring issue: I use Windows 10 as my operating system in my Dell Laptop. 11th Gen intelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42GHz. - 64 bit OSMy Bluetooth drivers are in up-to-date. I usually work with drawing files ".dwg" as AutoCAD. my mobile phone is Huawei Nova 7iMy GPS controller device is...
  5. Bluetooth file transferring issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth file transferring issue: I use Windows 10 as my operating system in my Dell Laptop. 11th Gen intelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42GHz. - 64 bit OSMy Bluetooth drivers are in up-to-date. I usually work with drawing files ".dwg" as AutoCAD. my mobile phone is Huawei Nova 7iMy GPS controller device is...
  6. bluetooth file transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bluetooth file transfer: How do I change where Windows 10 stores Bluetooth file transfers?Currently they go to: "C:\Users\[user ID]\AppData\Local\Temp" even though I have changed all of the settings I can find to save files to D: in the Change where new content is saved setting menuAnd PLEASE don't...
  7. Bluetooth file transfer failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth file transfer failed: [IMG] ………… https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-file-transfer-failed/0a0c6391-70e2-43b3-9d8c-c08c83a37f8e
  8. Transferring Files over Bluetooth

Transferring Files over Bluetooth: The option to Send/Receive files over Bluetooth is in a somewhat obscure place -as in, there is not place "front and centre" where the option can be selected. Is there any way one can add a desktop shortcut to get to the send/receive option? Regard, Tim...
  9. BLUETOOTH FILE TRANSFER

BLUETOOTH FILE TRANSFER: wHY CAN NOT SEND A FILE VIA BLUETOOTH TO PC WITH WIN 10 PRO ? WHAT SO PROFESSIONAL ABOUT IT IF CAN NOT DO ANYTHIN G WITH IT! JUST ANOTHER CASE OF WIN SUCK FACTOR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-file-transfer/d3ee9a96-7d2f-43dc-aedf-9b5d395b293e
  10. Bluetooth file transfer issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth file transfer issue: I run Windows 10 and have my laptop paired successfully with an Android mobile phone. It's always worked perfectly.......until the latest huge Windows update. Now I have bluetooth issues. I can send files from my laptop to my phone via bluetooth no problem (please bare...