Windows 10: Bluetooth search fails

Discus and support Bluetooth search fails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! The Edimax N150 WiFi/BT4.0 stick (EW-7811Un) looks fine but doesnt find any device at all. I double checked with my phone and tablet, no issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zuschauern, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Bluetooth search fails

Hi!

The Edimax N150 WiFi/BT4.0 stick (EW-7811Un) looks fine but doesnt find any device at all.
    I double checked with my phone and tablet, no issues there.

Drivers up to date, services running, windows updates ok, etc

I`m trying to connect my controllers for the Acer WMR Headset.

MfG

:)

zuschauern, Aug 16, 2018
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 16, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Bluetooth search fails

Bluetooth in windows 10

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT211_Mini_Bluetooth_Dongle/

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT400/specifications/

P4-630, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth search fails

1. Bluetooth search fails - Similar Threads - Bluetooth search fails

2. Search failed to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search failed to work: My search beside start menu failed to work this morning. It is working yesterday night but now it is just not working. You cant even click on it. It will not pop up no matter what I click. I tried to right click also nothing. I tried to restart also nothing. Shutdown does not...
  3. Search failed to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search failed to work: My search beside start menu failed to work this morning. It is working yesterday night but now it is just not working. You cant even click on it. It will not pop up no matter what I click. I tried to right click also nothing. I tried to restart also nothing. Shutdown does not...
  4. Search failed to work

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 'Bluetooth has failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'Bluetooth has failed: Device USB\VID_0B05&PID_1825\5&c1bd4d0&0&7 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem26.inf Class Guid: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974} Service: BTHUSB Lower Filters: BtFilter Upper Filters: BtFilter Problem: 0x15 Problem Status: 0x0 Bluetooth disappeared from device...
  6. Failed to search in search bar

in Cortana
    Failed to search in search bar: Hello, I am running Win10 Home and I just discovered today that its search bar can't perform searching. Each time I have to restarted the Windows Explorer through Task Manger to make the search run again. I don't have Cortana. It is not seen in the Task Manager. I have...
  7. Cant search for bluetooth devices

Cant search for bluetooth devices: When I try to search for a Bluetooth device, it says 'couldn't connect', however, when I search for devices under wireless displays and docks, or the everything else category, it works, thank you for your help....
  8. Bluetooth does not search for bluetooth devices

Bluetooth does not search for bluetooth devices: My Bluetooth doesn't search for any Bluetooth devices anymore. I have tried every way possible like update the driver to wait for searching in both "add Bluetooth or other device" and "Devices and printer". Moreover, before, when I go to Bluetooth in setting, normally there...
  9. Bluetooth does not search for bluetooth devices

Bluetooth does not search for bluetooth devices: My Bluetooth doesn't search for any Bluetooth devices anymore. I have tried every way possible like update the driver to wait for searching in both "add Bluetooth or other device" and "Devices and printer". Moreover, before, when I go to Bluetooth in setting, normally there...
  10. Bluetooth search fails

Bluetooth search fails: Hi! The Edimax N150 WiFi/BT4.0 stick (EW-7811Un) looks fine but doesnt find any device at all. I double checked with my phone and tablet, no issues there. Drivers up to date, services running, windows updates ok, etc I`m trying to connect my controllers for the Acer WMR...