Windows 10: Bluetooth suddenly unavailable

Discus and support Bluetooth suddenly unavailable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I don't know if anyone else has come across this. My PC (HP Pavilion 550-111na) has been running Windows 10 Home x64 since I bought it in June of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ianbhenderson73, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Bluetooth suddenly unavailable

Hi

I don't know if anyone else has come across this. My PC (HP Pavilion 550-111na) has been running Windows 10 Home x64 since I bought it in June of last year. Everything's up to date in terms of windows updates, but all of a sudden the Bluetooth has completely vanished.

I used to be able to see the Bluetooth logo sitting in the system tray, and it would happily detect Bluetooth devices without much intervention from me. All of a sudden though, the logo has gone and doesn't seem to show up anywhere in the Control Panel.

Is this sudden loss of Bluetooth as a result of a recently downloaded Windows update?

:)

ianbhenderson73, Feb 19, 2017
  2. paulbuowa Win User

bluetooth-windows 10

Bluetooth is unavailable in my recently installed windows 10. how can i fix this?

paulbuowa, Feb 19, 2017
  3. Not able to downloads apps from Windows Phone 7 Marketplace or via Zune software, Help!!?

I'm having this problem on my Lg E900. Suddenly it started to give me the message "The Windows Live ID service is unavailable at the moment. Try again later". I can't even download updates.

Luís Miguel GirãoSantos, Feb 19, 2017
  4. Bluetooth suddenly unavailable

I had a similar problem with my Wifi not working, but not sure if it was because of an update.

A simple fix was to uninstall the driver from device manager (in your case, do this for Bluetooth), then restart the computer. Also make sure the Bluetooth driver is up to date from HP's driver support website.

Windows 10: Right click on start > Device Manager.

ellellell1, Feb 21, 2017
  5. Hi. Slight problem with that. First of all, the PC is an HP but most importantly, I can't see the Bluetooth listed anywhere in the Device Manager.

I've also tried restoring to a previous restore point, but that failed.

ianbhenderson73, Feb 21, 2017
  6. Sorry, my mistake. I meant HP *Wink.

Click view in Device Manager and then on Hidden Devices. Does a Bluetooth device show there?

It is possible that the driver has been uninstalled or removed somehow... Go to HP's support website and download the latest driver for Bluetooth. Windows Update usually detects missing drivers, but not always.

I would also check to see if your computer has a button/hot key for turning Bluetooth on or off.

EDIT: I believe you can find the driver directly here in Driver-Network.

ellellell1, Feb 21, 2017
  7. Hi.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try tonight. It just seems really odd. I only became aware of the problem because I was trying to synchronise my wearable tracker against my PC and the PC was complaining that it couldn't find it.

Being honest (and in view of the fact that it's a desktop) I suspect that there isn't a hot-key for disabling the Bluetooth, purely because I can't see any reference to Bluetooth in the O/S. Given Microsoft's history for releasing patches with unintended side-effects, I'd be tempted to suspect that it's been a patch that's caused the issue.

ianbhenderson73, Feb 21, 2017
  8. Bluetooth suddenly unavailable

Yes it does seem odd. Hopefully its not something to do with the hardware itself (this is very unlikely). You could check the update history and see if there is any Bluetooth driver update or any stability update similar.

It is most likely just a case of restarting the driver.

ellellell1, Feb 21, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    I have Bluetooth on an HP Notebook, 2 Dell Notebooks and a MacBook Pro but Bluetooth doesn't work if the Wi-Fi is turned off, seems Bluetooth is part of the Wireless adapter.

Berton, Feb 21, 2017
  10. Ah, interesting... Nice comment. *Smile

ellellell1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth suddenly unavailable

1. Bluetooth suddenly unavailable - Similar Threads - Bluetooth suddenly unavailable

2. Bluetooth is disappeared suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is disappeared suddenly: Hello,I have a problem regarding Bluetooth, it suddenly disappeared turn on and off button but Bluetooth devices are showing. I have tried troubleshooting it is mentioned that there are no Bluetooth devices found and I am confused totally. can you help me out with this type...
  3. windows 10 fingerprint sign-in suddenly unavailable

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows 10 fingerprint sign-in suddenly unavailable: my fingerprint sign-in worked on my pc laptop for one year. now inexplicably it has stopped. in 'settings' it advises 'fingerprint sign-in option unavailable'. how do i get it back? 182265
  4. Fingerprint is suddenly unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint is suddenly unavailable: My Dell laptop was working fine until it just glitched 3x and just flashed black screen. I just restarted it so now, it's all working fine. Except, my fingerprint suddenly is unavailable. I tried to check the sign in options but now it says that Windows Hello isn't available...
  5. bluetooth drivers unavailable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth drivers unavailable?: Ive been trying to install a bluetooth dongle to my pc so i can have bluetooth capabilities, but it says that there is no bluetooth to update, and there seem to be no drivers anywhere, its a broadcom product and the help ends there :/...
  6. Bluetooth Swift Pair Unavailable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Swift Pair Unavailable: I have the Lenovo Flex 5-1470 (Type 81C9) and both it and Windows 10 is fully updated, but the Swift Pair feature is not available. Before anyone asks, yes I did look up how to enable it, but it isn't even an option in my settings and can't be found anywhere on my computer....
  7. Bluetooth suddenly unavailable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth suddenly unavailable: I installed an "Urgent security software update" and it completely removed the bluetooth drivers and the one I was using is now suddenly incompatible. I had no choice to not install the update, and now I can't listen to my computer because I only have bluetooth headphones and...
  8. Bluetooth Has Become Unavailable On Laptop

Bluetooth Has Become Unavailable On Laptop: My laptop running Windows 10 seems to have completely lost Bluetooth functionality. After noticing that several of my Bluetooth devices weren't connecting wireless earbuds and an Xbox 1 controller that I had been using with it the day prior, I found in the settings that the...
  9. Bluetooth Connection Problem - Driver is Unavailable

Bluetooth Connection Problem - Driver is Unavailable: I am not able to connect any Bluetooth device to my windows 10 laptop. I can add the device but cannot connect to it. It shows the message "Driver is unavailable". This message is displayed for every Bluetooth device I connect. I have tried everything possible, multiple...
  10. Access to BBC News suddenly unavailable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to BBC News suddenly unavailable: Hi - In the past few days I have been unable to access both BBC News and BBC iPlayer. Each time I get a msg saying 'unable to access this site' despite it having been no problem for years. Any ideas? Thanks...