Windows 10: Bluetooth toggle shortcut

Discus and support Bluetooth toggle shortcut in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to know if there is any way to have a shortcut for turning the bluetooth on/off Keyboard shortcut would be ideal but anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nrby, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Nrby Win User

Bluetooth toggle shortcut

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any way to have a shortcut for turning the bluetooth on/off
    Keyboard shortcut would be ideal but anything else will do, a bat file or a small app.

Thank you.

:)

Nrby, Sep 8, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

nokia 920 dab headset

No, you cannot get DAB like on the N8. You can have internet radio using different apps like tunein.

There are also several apps offering connectivity shortcuts, you can pin the Bluetooth to your home screen and it will take you direct to the On/Off toggle.

93tid, Sep 8, 2017
  3. Magnifier toggle

How do toggle the magnifier on-off with keyboard shortcut?

boundangle, Sep 8, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 8, 2017
  5. Nrby Win User
    Hello there ... Thanks for the welcome and the very quick reply.
    My problem is that I would need to do this without seeing the screen ... So anything that involves clicks/tabs won't work for me

Nrby, Sep 8, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 8, 2017
  7. Nrby Win User
    Found that when I researched this, it didn't work for me, i presume because it's for windows 8.1,
    if I created the bat file and launch it as admin I can see the command prompt window appear stating that it will change the Bluetooth state but nothing actually happens

Nrby, Sep 8, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

It's the same for Windows 10 to stop and start the Bluetooth "bthserv" service.

See if creating a .bat file with this below may work better to also disable/enable the service instead of just stop/start.

Code: @echo off for /F "tokens=3 delims=: " %%H in ('sc query "bthserv" ^| findstr "STATE"') do ( if /I "%%H" NEQ "RUNNING" ( sc config "bthserv" start=Auto & net start "bthserv" ) else if /I "%%H" NEQ "STOPPED" ( net stop "bthserv" & sc config "bthserv" start=disabled ) )[/quote]
    If you wanted the command prompt to pause.

Code: @echo off for /F "tokens=3 delims=: " %%H in ('sc query "bthserv" ^| findstr "STATE"') do ( if /I "%%H" NEQ "RUNNING" ( sc config "bthserv" start=Auto & net start "bthserv" & pause ) else if /I "%%H" NEQ "STOPPED" ( net stop "bthserv" & sc config "bthserv" start=disabled & pause ) )[/quote]

Brink, Sep 8, 2017
  9. Nrby Win User
    Nrby, Sep 8, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I've updated the .bat above that should help. You may need to close and reopen Settings after running the .bat to refresh and see the change.

Remember though, this doesn't directly turn on/off Bluetooth. It enables and disables the Bluetooth service that should effectively turn on/off Bluetooth.

Brink, Sep 8, 2017
  11. Nrby Win User
    well I get different messages now but that fact that I am using a bluetooth mouse to run the bat and I can run it multiple times is a a good indicator that the bluetooth hasn't stopped working *Smile

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Does the Bluetooth mouse use its own USB adapter?

If so, then it most likely wouldn't be affected by enabling/disabling the Bluetooth service. You would need to enable or disable the Bluetooth mouse in Device Manager instead.

Why are you needing to disable the mouse for? Is there some issue?

Brink, Sep 8, 2017
  13. Nrby Win User

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Why are you needing to disable the mouse for? Is there some issue?

Maybe we can work around it using another method.

Brink, Sep 8, 2017
  15. Nrby Win User
    ok the full story here is that i use 2 screens and 2 sets of keyboards and mice which are relatively far apart form one another.
    so i usually keep the 2nd set disabled so that no one gets the idea to use that set and move my pointer form somewhere else when I am on the PC (just turning that set off isn't going to solve it as i got jokers around) ... but if I forget to turn the bluetooth on and move to the second screen it's a pain to move back just for that ... and the plan is to use unified remote on my phone to turn the bluetooth on remotely without going back ... with unified remote I can launch any bat file for example if that would work
    i know it's pretty much a stupid lazy reason but i find it strange that there is no simple solution to this

Thema:

1. Bluetooth toggle shortcut - Similar Threads - Bluetooth toggle shortcut

2. Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut: I use Num Lock as a push to talk key in discord. If I hold it down longer than 5 seconds, I get a prompt to turn on toggle keys. I want to disable this shortcut but the link to disable this shortcut doesnt send me to anywhere I need to go.I want to be able to press num lock...
  3. Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut: I use Num Lock as a push to talk key in discord. If I hold it down longer than 5 seconds, I get a prompt to turn on toggle keys. I want to disable this shortcut but the link to disable this shortcut doesnt send me to anywhere I need to go.I want to be able to press num lock...
  4. Bluetooth toggle is gone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth toggle is gone?: I was trying to connect a Wii mote to my computer. I've been able to do this before but then I saw that Bluetooth is turned off. And then I saw the toggle was missing? Please can anyone help?...
  5. Bluetooth Toggle Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Toggle Missing: So today i was just normally using my bluetooth headphones when suddenly it stopped playing audio. I checked the bluetooth section in the settings and the bluetooth on/off toggle was missing also this wasnt the first time this happened. I was told to reinstall the bluetooth...
  6. bluetooth toggle is not visible

bluetooth toggle is not visible: I install several drivers and i did all of the following instruction to run my bluetooth but my bluetooth is not visible in my setting.I can,t see bluetooth on/off toggle in my setting.any idea why is this worikng like this...
  7. (Shortcut to) quicker mic toggle?

(Shortcut to) quicker mic toggle?: Hi, I would like to be able to quickly (1 or 2 clicks, or maybe a keyboard shortcut - hotkey) enable and disable the microphone in Windows 10 Pro. [img] Even better if I could do in on the Device Manager level, but how? 177384
  8. Bluetooth toggle is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth toggle is missing: [ATTACH] Sorry for bad english, it's my second language. The bluetooth toggle is missing. I've also noticed that my laptop can't detect flash drives/ mouses at the same time this happens. Everything goes back to normal every time I update my laptop, which is obviously...
  9. bluetooth toggle

bluetooth toggle: Hi, i have had to use a bluetooth keypad for the past 2 years ever since my laptop keypad stopped working after a windows update (2 years I've been waiting to get it sorted!!!). Anyway, today my bluetooth switched off and the toggle switch has disappeared. Again about the...
  10. Bluetooth toggle shortcut?

Bluetooth toggle shortcut?: Is it possible to create a clickable shortcut to toggle Bluetooth on/off? I can never seem to remember the WinKey mantras and have to look them up every time. -- Bob 23176