Windows 10: Bluetooth usb stays lit even after shutdown

Discus and support Bluetooth usb stays lit even after shutdown in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Bluetooth usb plugged in on my desktop. Ever since creators update it sometimes stays illuminated (blue) after shutdown. Is this an issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scottyboy99, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Bluetooth usb stays lit even after shutdown

I have a Bluetooth usb plugged in on my desktop. Ever since creators update it sometimes stays illuminated (blue) after shutdown. Is this an issue? Sometimes it goes off but other times it stays on. Often I reboot just to get rid off as rebooting seems to makes the led go out. It’s odd behaviour. My pc is always plugged on to a ups so maybe it still feels the power as such. But surely in shutdown the usb dongle should not be lit. No side effects at all, just an observation.

:)

Scottyboy99, Oct 9, 2017

2. keeping display on in tablet mode

Thanks, wouldn't your recommendation cause display to stay lit even in laptop mode? The goal is to configure options so the display stays lit indefinitely in tablet mode, and turns off after 5/10 mins in laptop mode.

Jonathan Berman, Oct 9, 2017
  3. after oct 2017 update, computer won't shutdown or sleep from start menu, power button

after the october 2017 feature update, my computer will no longer go to sleep or shutdown using the start menu, power button, sleep or shutdown options. for both, it appears to be going into the sleep or shutdown mode. shutdown even says "shutting down"
    and screen goes black. shutdown clears all programs out of memory (my encrypted drives are dismounted, for example). But, my keyboard stays lit and the power button on the computer (dell xps27 all in one desktop, brand new 2017 model) stays lit. I can force
    the shutdown by pressing and holding the power button OR by using shutdown -f -s -t 0 in a command prompt. maybe that will help identify why it's not working.

There is NO way to force sleep, though, which is a major inconvenience since now I cannot save power without doing a full forced shutdown. This was all working just before the latest update to 1709 on 11/4/2017. (I don't know why it was so late. It came
    weeks ago to my other computers, both of which still work fine.)

Buena Vista, Oct 9, 2017
  4. roy111 Win User

Bluetooth usb stays lit even after shutdown

You can try check the "BIOS" and turn off something like "usb power when off"

roy111, Oct 9, 2017
  5. I recently learned that Windows 10 has a fast startup option now that puts it in a semi-hybrid state and doesn't completely do a full power shutdown, but can be changed in control panel-power options, then "Change what the power buttons so", then click "Change settings that are currently unavailable" and under Shutdown settings, untick "Turn on fast startup" is it is ticked. If you do not have that option, you will have to enable hibernate. To do do this, open a cmd line as administrator and type "powercfg /hibernate on" no quotes, and enter. Then check power options again and see if you have that option now for Fast startup, and uncheck it. That should give you a true power shutdown. Then check your lamp and see if it goes out.

mfmathis75, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth usb stays lit even after shutdown

1. Bluetooth usb stays lit even after shutdown - Similar Threads - Bluetooth usb stays

2. DPC_Watchdog_Violation that stayed even after a windows restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation that stayed even after a windows restart: Recently i installed my 4070 and quite a bit later, my pc started having DPC_Watchdog_Violations at random that all have the same error codes but happen inconsistently. I just need help understanding the cause of these violations...
  3. DPC_Watchdog_Violation that stayed even after a windows restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation that stayed even after a windows restart: Recently i installed my 4070 and quite a bit later, my pc started having DPC_Watchdog_Violations at random that all have the same error codes but happen inconsistently. I just need help understanding the cause of these violations...
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation that stayed even after a windows restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown: laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown My laptop i click shutdown button but laptop keeps on scrolling shutdown symbol. Please help me...
  6. Display stays on like this after shutdown what to do!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display stays on like this after shutdown what to do!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/satyazoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hd8slf/display_stays_on_like_this_after_shutdown_what_to/
  7. Computer Will Not Stay Shutdown When I Shutdown........

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Will Not Stay Shutdown When I Shutdown........: Greetings-- I have been having something happening for the last four days that is quite creepy, to say the least. I would like to say that this has been happening ever since my last "update", but I can not be sure of that 100%..... Each night, when I go to bed, I...
  8. Bluetooth Not staying on in Services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Not staying on in Services: I was having some trouble trying to use the Bluetooth in Windows until I figured out that in services The Bluetooth is disabled. I was able to, through Registry Edit, fix the second Bluetooth that was set to manual to automatic. But then another problem came. I can't keep one...
  9. Bluetooth will not stay connected

Bluetooth will not stay connected: Bluetooth will not stay connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-will-not-stay-connected/bbd334d2-ac8c-4655-b8a5-294310565e61
  10. After update Bluetooth mouse will not stay connect

After update Bluetooth mouse will not stay connect: My mouse was working fine but after the 12/5 updates were installed I have two issues. 1) I have to keep re-connecting my Bluetooth mouse. I will pair it and it will work for 5 minutes to an hour and then just quit working. It still shows paired, but will not work. 2)...