Windows 10: Bluetooth Went Missing

Discus and support Bluetooth Went Missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok here's what happened. My laptop has built in bluetooth on windows 10. It was working fine for awhile but then my mouse yesterday wouldn't move or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SupermaNn, May 16, 2016.

1. SupermaNn Win User

Bluetooth Went Missing

Ok here's what happened. My laptop has built in bluetooth on windows 10. It was working fine for awhile but then my mouse yesterday wouldn't move or click anything on my laptop. Its disappeared from the Action Center/Notification bar, and its not on the tab side of the settings under the settings "Devices - Printers Bluetooth Mouse".

I went into device manager and under the Bluetooth section I right clicked and hit update driver software. It said a new driver was found and installed it and restarted my computer. It is now nowhere to be found.

The only thing that may be different in device manager (I don't know if it was like this before or not I don't remember) but under Universal Serial Bus controllers, I have an "Unknown USB Device (Device descriptor request failed)" That could have been there before or it could have happened after I'm not sure. I'm just giving extra info if its helpful.

Also I found the section for drivers on the Acer website but there was 5 or 6 different bluetooth drivers and I didnt know which one to download. My laptop is an Acer Aspire E5-722-81MJ. Thanks for helping!

:)

SupermaNn, May 16, 2016
  2. RobMan65 Win User

Bluetooth adapter disappeared from Device Manager

I forgot to mention that before I went to Services.msc I went into the device manager, but Bluetooth was missing

RobMan65, May 16, 2016
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Bluetooth Toggle Missing and Not Working

Can you restore the pc to before the Bluetooth went missing? If so do that then update the driver.

Time Lady, May 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Bluetooth Went Missing

Hello, make sure 'Airplane Mode/Flight Mode' is not enabled (its tile on the Action Centre fly-in should be dull). If enabled, this will disable Bluetooth. Similarly, check Settings to ensure Bluetooth is on.

Are you saying there is no driver installed despite installing one?

And do you have a relevant system restore point? Or a system image or disk image that you created?

Unknown device:
    How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager
    Unknown Device Identifier Download
    Similar:
    Bluetooth driver/adapter gone after updating from Win 7 to Win 10 - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, May 19, 2016
Thema:

Bluetooth Went Missing

1. Bluetooth Went Missing - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Went Missing

2. Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/: Hello to anyone reading this,I don’t know how to explain this in a formal or professional manner but, today during 11-12 pm, I was in class in the middle of checking my assignments only to suddenly have no internet. I thought that the school WiFi has accidentally powered off...
  3. Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/: Hello to anyone reading this,I don’t know how to explain this in a formal or professional manner but, today during 11-12 pm, I was in class in the middle of checking my assignments only to suddenly have no internet. I thought that the school WiFi has accidentally powered off...
  4. Bluetooth went missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth went missing: Bluetooth went missing from the action center. When I tried running the Bluetooth troubleshooter, it said Bluetooth is not on this PC. I have always had Bluetooth on my PC running Windows 10. When I went to Bluetooth Support Services it says Bluetooth is running but I can't...
  5. Bluetooth went missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth went missing: Bluetooth went missing from the action center. When I tried running the Bluetooth troubleshooter, it said Bluetooth is not on this PC. I have always had Bluetooth on my PC running Windows 10. When I went to Bluetooth Support Services it says Bluetooth is running but I can't...
  6. Bluetooth went missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My laptop went missing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop went missing.: Hey there everyone!As of two months ago now, my laptop was stolen by someone. I have sent out various emails to people I know and pleaded for the return of my device, but to no avail. It says on the Microsoft website that my laptop has no battery, so I can't remotely turn on...
  8. Bluetooth suddenly went missing.

Bluetooth suddenly went missing.: I am unable to find the Bluetooth Turn on button on Windows 10. After doing some investigation and doing the following steps I still am not able to resolve it. 1. Ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter and the result said there is no Bluetooth device which is strange as I was...
  9. bluetooth switch went missing

bluetooth switch went missing: So all of a sudden my blue tooth switch went missing and it is not being shown in the device manager hidden section either after i tried uninstalling it. It has happened before but at that time I just installed it from a restore point but this time even the restore system...
  10. Desktop Bluetooth went missing...

Desktop Bluetooth went missing...: About a week ago my MS Sculpt Comfort mouse bluetooth wouldn't work on my desktop. Windows 10 v. 1903 Checking, I found that Bluetooth was missing entirely and there was no option to turn it on or connect devices. Thinking it was the usb bluetooth adapter I had bought from...