Windows 10: Bluetooth working, but not discovering any devices

Discus and support Bluetooth working, but not discovering any devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I know there were a lot of issues with people upgrading to windows 10, and their Bluetooth settings disappear, but I have a slightly different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mudkipninja56, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Bluetooth working, but not discovering any devices

So I know there were a lot of issues with people upgrading to windows 10, and their Bluetooth settings disappear, but I have a slightly different problem. According to my computer, Bluetooth is enabled, working, and all of the Bluetooth drivers are up to date. However, whenever I try to connect a device such as a Bluetooth speaker to my computer, my computer can never find it. In Bluetooth settings it just says "Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices." with a little loading symbol, forever. It never finds anything. I've already made sure my devices are discoverable, and I've set my Bluetooth Support Service to automatic and made sure it was enabled. My computer used to have no problem finding Bluetooth devices before, but both old and new devices cannot be found. I've been looking into this for days so any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Mudkipninja56, Dec 25, 2016
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Bluetooth not discovering devices on MULTIPLE Windows 10 computers

We suggest installing first all available updates since we have a lot of updates for Windows Insider Preview.

You may also check this link for the latest Windows 10 Insider
    Preview Build.

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, Dec 25, 2016
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Bluetooth not discovering devices on MULTIPLE Windows 10 computers

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you running a Windows 10 Insider Preview? If yes, which Build?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Dec 25, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Bluetooth working, but not discovering any devices

I found this yesterday as I was having problems with BT headphones which had previously been working fine.
    Uninstall the device from devicemanager and restart bluetooth service.
    Start > services.msc
    Right-click "Bluetooth SupportService." & set to automatic
    Go to device manager and right-click on your computer name and click "Scan for hardware changes"
    Install the bluetooth devicedrivers from the manufacturer's website, if any.
    What worked for me was just to turn on/enable/set ti automatic Bluetooth support.

I realise you said you'd already set it to auto but did you scan for hardware changes after?

Bastet, Jan 3, 2017
  5. Alejo84 Win User
    I am having the exact same problem; since I updated to Windows 10 Creators Update
    10.0.15063 · Version 1703 · Redstone 2
    my Bluetooth can't find anything, not my Android phone, tablet or Playstation 4 Controllers. It's truly maddening.
    Have you found a solution for this that doesn't involve rolling Windows back? I tried everything you mentioned too to no avail.

Tried all of that and more multiple times, still not able to find anything with Bluetooth, much less pair anything.

Alejo84, Oct 18, 2017
  6. Alejo84 Win User
    For anyone interested I got it fixed. I had to uninstall the Bluetooth drivers that came with Windows from Device Manager, then download and install the drivers from the manufacturers website for my laptop. It's all working the way it's supposed to now.

Alejo84, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth working, but not discovering any devices

1. Bluetooth working, but not discovering any devices - Similar Threads - Bluetooth working discovering

2. Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices: Hi, I tried to connect my wireless headset, but my Bluetooth was unable to recognize it. Hence I tried multiple other Bluetooth devices for testing ,seems that it doesn't recognize it. I tried reinstalling the drivers and even updated the driver from official website. No use...
  3. Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices: Hi, I tried to connect my wireless headset, but my Bluetooth was unable to recognize it. Hence I tried multiple other Bluetooth devices for testing ,seems that it doesn't recognize it. I tried reinstalling the drivers and even updated the driver from official website. No use...
  4. Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can not discover any bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not discover any bluetooth devices: Hi, I can not discover any bluetooth devices nor find my device on any other devices since updating windows10. All settings are correct and I have tried everything that I founnd on microsoft website. My model is Lenovo g500s 20245 with bluetooth version 4.0. I am currently...
  6. Can not discover any bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not discover any bluetooth devices: Hi, I can not discover any bluetooth devices nor find my device on any other devices since updating windows10. All settings are correct and I have tried everything that I founnd on microsoft website. My model is Lenovo g500s 20245 with bluetooth version 4.0. I am currently...
  7. Can not discover any bluetooth devices

8. Cant discover new bluetooth devices

Cant discover new bluetooth devices: Recently i found out that i cant connect to new devices on my laptop other then the ones its already paired with before when it worked. when i try to add a device it says couldnt connect and the troubleshooter says check radio status not fixed. I cant find anything online...
  9. Bluetooth detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices

Bluetooth detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices: Bluetooth dongle is detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices. I click add device and then the Bluetooth option and it just spins, never displaying any devices to connect to. troubleshooting assistant just says "yup, device is turned on". The...
  10. Bluetooth is not discovering any device Problem

Bluetooth is not discovering any device Problem: Hi, Recently I Installed a new fresh Windows 10 on my Laptop, Tried to Connect to any Bluetooth device but it is not working Solutions I have Found and Tried and NOT WORKING : Is My laptop have a Bluetooth chip ? Yes! , it was working before my fresh install of windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Generic Bluetooth Treiber 10.0.17134

2. windows Bluetooth didnt get any response from the device