Windows 10: Bluetooth works perfectly, BUT...

Discus and support Bluetooth works perfectly, BUT... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ...after Windows 1803 update Bluetooth works differently. I used to use remote control of my Bluetooth speakers (and headphones, and portable speaker)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RomanPylypiak, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Bluetooth works perfectly, BUT...

...after Windows 1803 update Bluetooth works differently.

I used to use remote control of my Bluetooth speakers (and headphones, and portable speaker) to switch between and pause/play songs/movies in media players (MPC for video, foobar2000 for audio, and other).

Now I can do so only using Windows' built in apps - Groove Music and Movies&TV; I do not like those, I do not want to use those.

Anyone else wonders?

What did MS change? How did they mess what was working perfectly up? How do I reverse changes? (without rolling back the whole system, of course)

What am I missing?

[Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB; all the drivers/Windows are up to date; device were removed and added again, it's not a pairing problem]

:)

RomanPylypiak, Jul 10, 2018
  2. nick255 Win User

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Bluetooth stuttering when connected to my computer but works perfectly fine with my phone.

Hi,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue persists, it might be an issue related to speaker driver.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + x and select Device Manager.

• Expand Bluetooth device.

• Check for the speaker driver.

• Right click on the speaker driver and select Uninstall.

• Restart the computer.

Note: By restarting the driver will get installed automatically.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 10, 2018
  4. caperjack Win User

Bluetooth works perfectly, BUT...

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth works perfectly, BUT...

1. Bluetooth works perfectly, BUT... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth works perfectly

2. PC Reboots ONCE then works perfectly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Reboots ONCE then works perfectly: When I turn on my PC I leave it to boot up which seems to work normally. After about 30-60 seconds it reboots. It then works normally with no issues. Has something changed that is causing this to happen?...
  3. PC Reboots ONCE then works perfectly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Reboots ONCE then works perfectly: When I turn on my PC I leave it to boot up which seems to work normally. After about 30-60 seconds it reboots. It then works normally with no issues. Has something changed that is causing this to happen?...
  4. MY wifi and bluetooth works perfectly when i swich pc on but after some minutes then it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY wifi and bluetooth works perfectly when i swich pc on but after some minutes then it...: when i switch on pc my bluetooth and wifi works perfectly but after some seconds then it disappears and not working anymore, when i go to device manager it appears at hidden drivers, and when i update it, it still doesn't come Help its making me sick...
  5. Mobile Hotspot works perfectly - but how??!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot works perfectly - but how??!!: Yesterday roadworkers severed our broadband cable, breaking all comms capability (internet, tv, phone). Connecting through Mobile Hotspot and thereby using the mobile phone service provider has worked like a dream (though currently an Office 2019 update is taking 55+ minutes...
  6. Search bar isn't working perfectly

in Cortana
    Search bar isn't working perfectly: Whenever I type anything on search bar it turns blank,this issue is occuring from the time I had updated to 20h2,recently I had contacted my pc manufacturerHP as my pc was under warranty.After many remote test my hp agents,they send HP engineer to my home,to check my...
  7. RDP worked perfectly, until today

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP worked perfectly, until today: Hello, We have an employee working remotely for the past 2 years. She connects to our office PC remotely and it's worked perfectly until today. Now she says the company's our PC's active link to establish the connection is no long an active link. Clicking on it like she...
  8. Bluetooth speakers work perfect until I start a full screen game, then switches to laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speakers work perfect until I start a full screen game, then switches to laptop...: Hi! I am running a Lenovo Yoga 15-730 with Windows 10 Pro, version 2004, and my issue comes when using my Bluetooth headphones. When not playing a full screen game, everything works fine. All the Windows sounds, clicks, music, videos, etc., come through the headphones just...
  9. No internet access but works perfectly fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet access but works perfectly fine.: [ATTACH] No internet access but works perfectly fine for everything but windows apps. I think some other people are getting this as well. I've tried every fix i have found on the internet and none have worked. It is my desktop only in my house that has the issue. I can...
  10. Microsoft edge works perfect, no ther browser will work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft edge works perfect, no ther browser will work: when I turn off windows defender browsers work but not well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-works-perfect-no-ther-browser-will/d50e3a59-7670-468b-ac6e-f49471aac44c