Windows 10: Blurry desktop background for huge image file

Discus and support Blurry desktop background for huge image file in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I made a desktop background in 3ds max and its of a robot standing on the moon. The actual image I is about 10k by 6k so I converted it to 1080p... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NightsXZ, Dec 22, 2015.

1. NightsXZ Win User

Blurry desktop background for huge image file

I made a desktop background in 3ds max and its of a robot standing on the moon. The actual image I is about 10k by 6k so I converted it to 1080p because I was having the same problem with the larger image. When I set it as my desktop background it becomes blurry. The stars bleed out whiteness around into the black space. The textures and reflections just look like crap on the desktop image. But on the real image you can zoom in for miles and it is just fine. Does any one know why my desktop background looks worse quality than say an image viewer?

:)

NightsXZ, Dec 22, 2015

2. Wallpaper Backgrounds Blurry

Hi Daniel,

Wallpaper background can be blurry if the picture file does not match the size of your screen.

For example, many home computer monitors are set at a size of 1280x1024 pixels (the number of dots that make up the image). If you use a picture file smaller than this, it will be blurry when it is stretched out to fit the screen.

Set your desktop background to "Center" instead of "Stretch." Right-click the desktop, select "Personalize" and then click "Desktop Background." Select "Center" from the "Picture Position" drop-down. If your image is too small to fill your desktop and it
    is set to "Fill," Windows will stretch the image, causing blur.

Let us know the outcome.

Karina Aris, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Background image

whatever image i download and set it as desktop background my background image looks blurry not clearer picture my laptop model is inspiron 15 3000 series can you please help me on this

GaneshPoudel, Dec 22, 2015
  4. Preppy Win User

Is this a JPEG? JPEGs get imported somewhat lossily. You can override the "JPEGImportQuality" to fix that.

Preppy, Dec 22, 2015
  5. NightsXZ Win User
    I used a PNG and it seems to have worked. How do you overide the "JPEGImportQuality"?

NightsXZ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Blurry desktop background for huge image file - Similar Threads - Blurry desktop background

2. Pixelart background blurry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pixelart background blurry?: Hi, I decided today that my old background was not that great, so I went to pixilart.com And drew a new vaporwave one, but now it is super blurry. I tried converting it to bmp, and jpeg, but to no avail. The pixelart image is 192x108, and my monitor size is 1920x1080. How do...
  3. Pixelart background blurry?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pixelart background blurry?: Hi, I decided today that my old background was not that great, so I went to pixilart.com And drew a new vaporwave one, but now it is super blurry. I tried converting it to bmp, and jpeg, but to no avail. The pixelart image is 192x108, and my monitor size is 1920x1080. How do...
  4. Pixelart background blurry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pixelart background blurry?: Hi, I decided today that my odl background was not that great, so I went to pixilart.com And drew a new vaporwave one, but now it is super blurry. I tried converting it to bmp, and jpeg, but to no avail. The pixelart image is 192x108, and my monitor size is 1920x1080. How do...
  5. Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop

Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop: A week ago I installed my new custom built Windows 10 desktop. It arrived with Windows 10 already set up with an administrator Local account and no password. The first thing I did was change the account to signed in with my Microsoft account with a PIN. I changed the "Sync...
  6. background blurry help!!!!

background blurry help!!!!: i just got a new computer and i'm personalizing it. when i try to change the background it turns it blurry. i have tried different photos but it ALWAYS TURNS BLURRY HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you...
  7. DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE

DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE: Can someone please tell me how to change the background image on my desktop - it USED to be on the page where you set your screen saver - but obviously someone wanted to hide it from us old people . -= How do I now find where I can change it - it has picked an image from...
  8. Desktop Background Image

Desktop Background Image: I want to share my current desktop background image. How may I copy and send that image file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-image/3fd31b9c-54e6-41c3-a3e9-add795e419f2
  9. desktop background image will not display

desktop background image will not display: had windows 7. now have windows 10. the start menu shows small version of correct desktop image I have chosen (family picture) but on the desktop it is black background. I can change the desktop image and it will remain black, yet the start menu image WILL change. so why...
  10. Saved image desktop backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved image desktop backgrounds: What is the directory in Windows 10 in which a selected image (after being applied to desktop background) is saved? 15565

Users found this page by searching for:

1. boot background picture blurry after pdate to ver 1903