Windows 10: Blurry Extended Display

Discus and support Blurry Extended Display in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, Currently I'm using an MSI GL62 6QD laptop with a resolution of 1920x1080. I have an external monitor I have just connected today (Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Mangasp, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Mangasp Win User

Blurry Extended Display

Hi,

Currently I'm using an MSI GL62 6QD laptop with a resolution of 1920x1080. I have an external monitor I have just connected today (Dell 2407WFP-HC) at a resolution of 1920x1200, I am using it as an extended display.

Now the problem is that when this monitor is connected, anything displayed on the monitor is slightly blurry, even though the resolution is correct. I was lead to believe this is a problem with the DPI, so I tried using the Windows DPI scaling option (100%, 125%, etc) and encountered another problem. It says "A custom scale factor is set" - I have tried turning this off however it persists each time I reboot my machine, leading me to believe this is causing the problem - however I am unsure.

It should be noted that when I bought this machine I used a small piece of 3rd party software which fixes the blurry text on some Windows 10 applications, and I have turned it off recently to see if this helps but I think this may have something to do with this problem. The software is called "XPExplorer", the link is here: Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer

Thanks,

:)

Mangasp, Aug 23, 2016

2. Blurry Apps on second monitor

Hi there,

I have a 1080p 13" Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop connected to an extended 22" monitor. This was kind of a nightmare under Windows 8, but seems to work a lot better with Windows 10.

However, I' still have a lot of apps showing crisp and clear on the HD display, but being blurry when I drag the to the second monitor. Blurry apps include PowerPoint 2007, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and so on. Only system apps and Windows 10 pieces of
    software installed from the App Store seem to display OK on the extended monitor.

Is there a way to fix this and have all my apps showing fine on both monitors ?

Thanks

thsadopter, Aug 23, 2016
  3. occasionally blurry photos in lightroom that were sharp previously

maybe they are lower resolution photos and your previous resolution settings for your display were set lower. Now you have display resolution higher and the photos extended to full screen size are degraded. Check the resolution of these photos that are blurry.

Right click photo>> properties>>details

seahawks65, Aug 23, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

Blurry Extended Display

is this problem fixed? if so, how did you fix it? *Smile
    its been reported that this monitor has overscan issues which causes blurry/fuzziness in the picture even the resolution is correct

batlhilz, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

Blurry Extended Display

1. Blurry Extended Display - Similar Threads - Blurry Extended Display

2. Extended Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extended Display: Recently when I had Windows 10, I was connecting my laptop to a docking station as well as my two monitors. Now since I did the Windows 11 update the monitors show as 'No Signal' and I am unable to get it connected. I have updated drivers, ensured Windows is up to date,...
  3. Extended Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended Display: Recently when I had Windows 10, I was connecting my laptop to a docking station as well as my two monitors. Now since I did the Windows 11 update the monitors show as 'No Signal' and I am unable to get it connected. I have updated drivers, ensured Windows is up to date,...
  4. Extended displays

Extended displays: i have a problem with extended displays. I used to could have my remote account running on two monitors while also haveing my laptop remain in its regular mode with all apps available. What changed...
  5. Extended displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended displays: i have a problem with extended displays. I used to could have my remote account running on two monitors while also haveing my laptop remain in its regular mode with all apps available. What changed...
  6. display will not extend

display will not extend: have windows 10 pro and in display unable to detect 2nd monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-will-not-extend/38c36b23-37a0-458b-917c-f6d2e9de3121
  7. display will not extend

display will not extend: have windows 10 pro and in display unable to detect 2nd monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-will-not-extend/38c36b23-37a0-458b-917c-f6d2e9de3121
  8. Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display: While my laptop was connected to my TV with an HDMI cable, it used to work normally on the extend display option, yet, as i raised the resolution display option for the TV to 1920x1080 for the first time, as opposed to the recommended 1366x768 which was the option used on...
  9. Extended display

Extended display: I use Win10's extended display to watch movies etc played on pc (shown on tv) but problem is that if I use full screen program which uses lower resolution than on desktop or reboot computer (normal or bsod reboots) or disable and enable extended display then stuff on desktop...
  10. Blurry fonts on secondary extended display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry fonts on secondary extended display: i just bought a new LG 27UD58-B 27 inch/4K display and the resolution is gorgeous. however it recommends 150% scaling and the ST2210 Dell monitor recommends 100%. if I have both cards in the NVIDIA GTX 960 GPU and I scale the LG to 150% the Dell does the same and the font...