Windows 10: Blurry fonts after I installed OTF fonts

Discus and support Blurry fonts after I installed OTF fonts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys. All my browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome) show blurry fonts on certain websites (see image below). I noticed I have this issue after I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tilnic, Feb 27, 2017.

1. tilnic Win User

Blurry fonts after I installed OTF fonts

Hi guys. All my browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome) show blurry fonts on certain websites (see image below). I noticed I have this issue after I installed some OTF fonts. Is there a way to fix it? Many thanks in advance

Blurry fonts after I installed OTF fonts [​IMG]

Blurry fonts after I installed OTF fonts [​IMG]

:)

tilnic, Feb 27, 2017
  2. dorcask Win User

3rd-party font disappearing

More info about my font issue. When I use the cmd prompt and check out the font registry, I find the "missing" fonts at the end of the registry list. Here's a copy of the registry entries:

StoneSansStd-Bold (TrueType) REG_SZ Adobe - StoneSansStd-Bold_1.otf

StoneSansStd-BoldItalic (TrueType) REG_SZ Adobe - StoneSansStd-BoldItalic_0.otf

StoneSansStd-Medium (TrueType) REG_SZ Adobe - StoneSansStd-Medium_0.otf

StoneSansStd-MediumItalic (TrueType) REG_SZ Adobe - StoneSansStd-MediumItalic_0.otf

StoneSansStd-Semibold (TrueType) REG_SZ Adobe - StoneSansStd-Semibold_0.otf

StoneSansStd-SemiboldItalic (TrueType) REG_SZ Adobe - StoneSansStd-SemiboldItalic_0.otf

StoneSerifStd-Medium (TrueType) REG_SZ Adobe - StoneSerifStd-Medium_0.otf

StoneSerifStd-MediumItalic (TrueType) REG_SZ Adobe - StoneSerifStd-MediumItalic_0.otf

StoneSerifStd-Semibold (TrueType) REG_SZ Adobe - StoneSerifStd-Semibold_0.otf

StoneSerifStd-SemiboldIt (TrueType) REG_SZ Adobe - StoneSerifStd-SemiboldIt_0.otf

But these fonts still do not show up in the control panel -> personalization -> font list! Nor are they recognized by any of the programs.

What do I need to do to get these fonts working again? I'm in the middle of a book design project and the whole book is done in Stone Sans and Stone Serif. These fonts were purchased at myfont.com so are legit fonts. Please help!

Thank you!

dorcask, Feb 27, 2017
  3. How do uninstall, installed OpenType Font

Start Regedit.exe and go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

Backup the branch by exporting to a .REG file.

In the right-pane, delete the following values:

• HelveticaNeue-UltraLigCond (TrueType)
    • HelveticaNeue-UltraLigCondObl (TrueType)
    • HelveticaNeue-UltraLigExt (TrueType)
    • HelveticaNeue-UltraLigExtObl (TrueType)
    • HelveticaNeue-UltraLight (TrueType)
    • HelveticaNeue-UltraLightItal (TrueType)

Exit the Registry Editor, logoff and login back.

Then manually delete following .OTF files from C:\Windows\Fonts using
    Command Prompt (Admin).

• HelveticaNeue-UltraLigCond_0.otf
    • HelveticaNeue-UltraLigCondObl.otf
    • HelveticaNeue-UltraLigExt.otf
    • HelveticaNeue-UltraLigExtObl.otf
    • HelveticaNeue-UltraLight.otf
    • HelveticaNeue-UltraLightItal.otf

Running this command will show the list of .otf files you installed.

dir c:\windows\fonts\helvetica*.otf

(There zip file in the above website bundles 6 .otf files, which you need to delete from the Fonts folder.)

Then run:

del c:\windows\fonts\helvetica*.otf

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 27, 2017
  4. sml156 Win User

You could try to calibrate your Screen, Click on Search and type or paste
    Code: calibrate display color[/quote] press next and follow the prompts.

If it still looks bad set your display to use clear type fonts, Open search again and type or paste
    Code: adjust clear type text[/quote] Press next and follow the prompts.

sml156, Feb 28, 2017
  5. tilnic Win User
    press next and follow the prompts.

If it still looks bad set your display to use clear type fonts, Open search again and type or paste
    Code: adjust clear type text[/quote] Press next and follow the prompts.[/quote] Thank you for your help. I solved removing Helvetica Neue font from the system *Wink

tilnic, Mar 6, 2017
  6. sml156 Win User
    I always stay away from installing fonts no matter what site it is. There are ways to install malware installing them.

Plus having a bunch of fonts installed wastes memory whether you use them or not.

sml156, Mar 6, 2017
  7. tonez Win User
    I agree more fonts than system install is more problems, found that out long time ago, also yes now a days more prone to malware

tonez, Mar 7, 2017
  8. tilnic Win User

Yeah I installed them because of Rainmeter skins, even though I don't have much of them and I've downloaded from Google website (except Helvetica Neue). But I agree with what you said *Wink

tilnic, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Blurry fonts after I installed OTF fonts - Similar Threads - Blurry fonts installed

2. Text scaling / Blurry font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text scaling / Blurry font: Hey guys, I assembled a new machine and in the fresh W10 install I'm having some blurry font issues, it's weird because I had the same settings (125%) in the previous install and it didn't happen. It only seems to happen in some dialogs, always on software installers...
  3. RDC: blurry fonts in apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDC: blurry fonts in apps: Hello, I've got a strange issue which is not persistent, sometimes it resolves, but this time I'm struggling for a couple of days. When connecting via RDC Remote Desktop Connection to remote server I see blurry fonts in some apps like SSMS, PowerBI Desktop or Notepad++. But...
  4. blurry fonts! and no font display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry fonts! and no font display: My fonts blurred out in explorer and even in browser! my Pc was running all good,but suddenly all text from Uc browser to file explorer just went missing! In my desktop , Icons show their name in blurry font and in explorer files show icon but do not have any name on...
  5. Font/Graphics blurry and jaggy after clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Font/Graphics blurry and jaggy after clean install: The title says it all, ever since I did a clean install/reformat, my fonts have been quite blurry. In short, it’s fuzzy and not very clear As well as for gaming, I’m seeing a lot of jagged and pixelated edges. Performance wise, everything is ok. I’m getting good FPS....
  6. Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts

Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts: I'm trying to install a set of Helvetica Neue fonts, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to recognize the file format? What can I do to install OpenType font files on Windows 10?[IMG]...
  7. Fonts Blurry After Reboot

Fonts Blurry After Reboot: Once out of every third time my computer reboots, the fonts are all blurry. Is a service not running or something? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/fonts-blurry-after-reboot/d9babdb1-1023-4cde-a66a-f14262abd388
  8. Blurry font in Properties

Blurry font in Properties: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on my laptop and I connect to a 27" BenQ screen. The resolution is 1920x1080, everything is fine except this tiny but uncomfortable blurry font. It just happens with the Properties, for example, the Ethernet Properties. It is strange that all...
  9. Blurry Font Problem

Blurry Font Problem: My Fonts look terrible . Please help what to do.. I am on build 1803 Updated and i am uploading a photo showing my font issue.Please help i cant even read a page due to this issue.[ATTACH]...
  10. Blurry Fonts Solution

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Fonts Solution: Has anyone tried this and had luck with it?: Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer 71120

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installed fonts and now blurry