Windows 10: Blurry fonts on menus and properties boxes

Discus and support Blurry fonts on menus and properties boxes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10. All the scaling settings were not correct. I have put them to the recommended setting off 125%, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by singh, Jul 30, 2015.

1. singh Win User

Blurry fonts on menus and properties boxes

Hi

I have upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10.

All the scaling settings were not correct. I have put them to the recommended setting off 125%, which is what it was when I was using win 8.1 and worked perfectly. I have had to select the "disable scaling..." in the properties boxes of some of my applications for them to work correctly but some menus etc are still blurry such as device manager or the properties box for my display adapter.
    I have attached a screenshot:

Blurry fonts on menus and properties boxes [​IMG]

Please could someone help

Thanks

:)

singh, Jul 30, 2015

2. Blurry text and icons in Windows 10 (DPI scaling)

I had the same problem as you people with the blurry fonts on High DPI in Windows 10.

Ive tryed everything with the regular windows settings at screen properties. All kept blurry fonts.

The only way that worked for me was this:

Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer

I like Windows a lot,

and i think Windows 10 is great. But this blurry fonts were hurting my eyes on my widescreen that i spend quite some time to find a perfect fix.

MichielS_123, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Blurry Fonts in Windows 10 - Community Suggestions Didn't Work

Hi. I tried increasing the font size to 125% and then to 150% and they were both still blurry. Then I moved the setting all of the way back to 100% and now the blurriness is gone BUT the fonts are tiny. The blurriness was in the dialog boxes in Windows,
    not in an Internet browser.

So I am grateful to you for the blurriness disappearing, but now everything is small. Any suggestions?

And yes, all of my drivers are up to date; I checked.

A Semi Luddite, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Blurry fonts on menus and properties boxes

1. Blurry fonts on menus and properties boxes - Similar Threads - Blurry fonts menus

2. blurry fonts! and no font display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry fonts! and no font display: My fonts blurred out in explorer and even in browser! my Pc was running all good,but suddenly all text from Uc browser to file explorer just went missing! In my desktop , Icons show their name in blurry font and in explorer files show icon but do not have any name on...
  3. How to fix blurry font in properties window in explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix blurry font in properties window in explorer: Font in the system itself is perfect, but in properties or in control panel font is blurry. How to fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-blurry-font-in-properties-window-in/cda9e5ba-6b26-4cec-a8b1-9bf6cb01d23d
  4. Grey font on menus and blurry fonts on some applications - Windows 10

Grey font on menus and blurry fonts on some applications - Windows 10: Hello, This issue as been widely discussed here but I could not yet fix this problem. One way seems to change the gamma settings but I can not find them on my computer. Can anyone help? I want to make the fonts black. I have na Asus with intel i7. Thanks....
  5. Fonts Blurry After Reboot

Fonts Blurry After Reboot: Once out of every third time my computer reboots, the fonts are all blurry. Is a service not running or something? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/fonts-blurry-after-reboot/d9babdb1-1023-4cde-a66a-f14262abd388
  6. Blurry font in Properties

Blurry font in Properties: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on my laptop and I connect to a 27" BenQ screen. The resolution is 1920x1080, everything is fine except this tiny but uncomfortable blurry font. It just happens with the Properties, for example, the Ethernet Properties. It is strange that all...
  7. Blurry Font Problem

Blurry Font Problem: My Fonts look terrible . Please help what to do.. I am on build 1803 Updated and i am uploading a photo showing my font issue.Please help i cant even read a page due to this issue.[ATTACH]...
  8. Blurry Fonts Solution

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Fonts Solution: Has anyone tried this and had luck with it?: Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer 71120
  9. Properties Menus and Device Properties menus unusable

in Windows 10 Support
    Properties Menus and Device Properties menus unusable: Hi guys, first-timer here. I ran into this issue when I attempted to change the album names of multiple files simultaneously. The properties window that showed up was massively wide - I can't resize it, read the text on the buttons, or even drag to the far end of it. The...
  10. Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes: In my Windows 10, some messages and command buttons are in a font different from the system default font after the anniversary upgrade is applied. In the screenshots below, you can see that the toolbar area has the usual system font (Segoe UI), but some of the contents, like...