Windows 10: Blurry fonts on secondary extended display

Discus and support Blurry fonts on secondary extended display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i just bought a new LG 27UD58-B 27 inch/4K display and the resolution is gorgeous. however it recommends 150% scaling and the ST2210 Dell monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by samhfoley, Dec 7, 2017.

1. samhfoley Win User

Blurry fonts on secondary extended display

i just bought a new LG 27UD58-B 27 inch/4K display and the resolution is gorgeous. however it recommends 150% scaling and the ST2210 Dell monitor recommends 100%. if I have both cards in the NVIDIA GTX 960 GPU and I scale the LG to 150% the Dell does the same and the font size is too blown up. If I try to have them scaled differently the ST2210 has blurry fonts and looks bad.

I have tried uninstalling NVIDIA software and reinstalling it. That didn't work. I have tried putting the ST2210 into the built in motherboard GPU and the LG in the NVIDIA...I then made the ST2210 the primary monitor and the LG the secondary monitor. This tends to work OK, but is hit and miss after restarts. I sometimes have to undo scaling and reassign the dpi% again to make it work. Also I'd like the primary taskbar to be on the LG...not the ST2210 . I can duplicate the taskbar on the secondary monitor, but the search option and the running indicators are not available on the duplicated taskbar. Any ideas? help??

Thanks
    now I have the HDMI from the ST2210 to the motherboard GPU and the display port from the LG to the NVIDIA GTX 960

:)

samhfoley, Dec 7, 2017
  2. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Dec 7, 2017
  3. Two touch displays - Windows 10

I am attempting to use two touch displays with Windows 10. I have the desktop extended from primary to secondary (not cloned). When I touch on the secondary display, it will only register the touch on the primary display (in the same X,Y coordinates) - so
    like I'm touching the primary display in that spot. If I use a mouse, I am able to click inside of the secondary display with no problem.

Is it possible to utilize both as touch displays in an extended mode, not cloned?

fordpickup, Dec 7, 2017
  4. Blurry fonts on secondary extended display

check if your monitor has a auto set up feature?

kingtez1984, Dec 7, 2017
  5. samhfoley Win User
    I can't find any Auto set-up. I have the LG plugged into NVIDIA card and the DELL plugged into the motherboard GPU. As they are now, I have to remove scaling preferences each time I shut down or restart the computer. Then I can get 100 on the Dell and 150 on the LG, but the primary taskbar and most of the things I want from it are only on the DELL (which I don't want....)

samhfoley, Dec 8, 2017
  6. wittier Win User
  7. samhfoley Win User
    I have tried that and the problem remains. I also cannot find the compatibility tabs they refer to in their instructions...maybe Win 10 doesn't have those? I can't even get to it by clicking on Outlook's shortcut tab. My secondary monitor is primarily used for Outlook and checking email, but it's so blurry now.....

samhfoley, Dec 8, 2017
  8. samhfoley Win User

The only solution I have found is to make the DELL the primary monitor and turn off custom scaling. Then I get clear fonts on my Outlook....but all of my taskbar functionality is on the wrong monitor....

and I have to do this every time I shutdown or restart the computer......display properties, remove custom scaling, sign out and then it's ok (minus the taskbar functionality) So basically I need to restart twice every time....

samhfoley, Dec 8, 2017
  9. wittier Win User
    I've used this for years on my laptop, not for an external monitor. I was surprised to find it not installed on my laptop today. It may have been wiped out in upgrading to Fall Creators Update (though I wouldn't have expected to). XP Explorer would fix blurry fonts in certain dialog boxes and settings windows for me. The settings were a bit counterintuitive. I found that recommended % should be ignored. It required tweaking. But it did work and was necessary for me. Though I'm not missing it now.

wittier, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Blurry fonts on secondary extended display - Similar Threads - Blurry fonts secondary

2. Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display: While my laptop was connected to my TV with an HDMI cable, it used to work normally on the extend display option, yet, as i raised the resolution display option for the TV to 1920x1080 for the first time, as opposed to the recommended 1366x768 which was the option used on...
  3. blurry fonts! and no font display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry fonts! and no font display: My fonts blurred out in explorer and even in browser! my Pc was running all good,but suddenly all text from Uc browser to file explorer just went missing! In my desktop , Icons show their name in blurry font and in explorer files show icon but do not have any name on...
  4. Secondary Monitor Blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary Monitor Blurry: Any secondary monitor connected to this new laptop is blurry. I have tried several work-arounds (scaling adjustments) but nothing has improved the second monitor. even i followed the below link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091364/windows-10-fix-blurry-apps....
  5. Notifications Displayed on secondary monitor, when I use 2 monitors in "extended display"

Notifications Displayed on secondary monitor, when I use 2 monitors in "extended display": Hi all, I always use 2 monitors with windows 10 in Extended Display mode and I had never seen this issue that I have now, since last upgrade in windows 10. My problem is: I have extended displays and main monitor (1) is screen laptop, this is marked as "main" like you can...
  6. Fonts Blurry After Reboot

Fonts Blurry After Reboot: Once out of every third time my computer reboots, the fonts are all blurry. Is a service not running or something? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/fonts-blurry-after-reboot/d9babdb1-1023-4cde-a66a-f14262abd388
  7. Blurry font in Properties

Blurry font in Properties: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on my laptop and I connect to a 27" BenQ screen. The resolution is 1920x1080, everything is fine except this tiny but uncomfortable blurry font. It just happens with the Properties, for example, the Ethernet Properties. It is strange that all...
  8. Blurry Font Problem

Blurry Font Problem: My Fonts look terrible . Please help what to do.. I am on build 1803 Updated and i am uploading a photo showing my font issue.Please help i cant even read a page due to this issue.[ATTACH]...
  9. Blurry Extended Display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blurry Extended Display: Hi, Currently I'm using an MSI GL62 6QD laptop with a resolution of 1920x1080. I have an external monitor I have just connected today (Dell 2407WFP-HC) at a resolution of 1920x1200, I am using it as an extended display. Now the problem is that when this monitor is...
  10. Blurry Fonts Solution

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Fonts Solution: Has anyone tried this and had luck with it?: Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer 71120