Windows 10: Blurry/Fuzzy Fonts & Systemicons with eGPU and Windows 10

Discus and support Blurry/Fuzzy Fonts & Systemicons with eGPU and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, What are my components: Laptop: Razer Blade Stealth (Late 2017) - see https://www.razerzone.com/Gaming-Sys...-01964E32-R3U1 eGPU:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nupplaPhil, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Blurry/Fuzzy Fonts & Systemicons with eGPU and Windows 10

Hi,

What are my components:

Laptop:

eGPU:

External Monitors:

• LG W2361VV (DisplayPort => HDMI)
    • GERICOM GM2600 (HDMI => HMDI)

What IS working:

• I'm using both Monitors with my eGPU, the GTX 1080 and Thunderbolt 3.
    • Both Monitors are working with the recommended resolution and 59/60 Hz

Problem (only with the two external displays):
    The recommended Scale Factor for the internal monitor is 250%, for the two external 100%.

• Most of the fonts and system-icons are blurry and fuzzy.
    • On the other side, the fontsize of the nvidia control panel is like it is ALWAYS scaled 250% (even on the external monitors)
    • The fonts of older programs (like Putty) are now completly blurred
    The only way to fix it is to switch to a scalefactor of 125% , but the texts are now REALLY big and for example in Chrome I have to downscale them to 80% for smooth reading.
    The other fonts are still a little bit blurred. For example the text in the PUTTY-Terminal is shown differently. For example the left vertical line of the "0" is a bolt, white line with 1px width, the right vertical line is a fuzzy white line with 2px width.

I already calibrated both monitors with the Windows 10 "ClearType". As I said, it's a little bit better, but nevertheless my eyes are hurting ;-)

By the way I used both monitors with a Surface Pro 3 Dock for about 2-3 years without such issues.

Maybe somebody has a good hint what I can do now :-(
    Maybe it's because of the high difference between the Razer internal display (3k resolution) to the HD-displays (1080p)?

[EDIT] The Background Images on both displays are really beautifull and clear pictures, so it seems it should not be a hardware issue

:)

nupplaPhil, Jan 19, 2018

2. windows 10 two monitors

When I hook a second monitor to windows 10, desktop icon fonts become blurry.

One of the icons is remote desktop. The fuzzy font is then also on the remote desktop after logging on to it.

Tricia Whited, Jan 19, 2018
  3. Zenna888 Win User
    Windows 10 is blurry & Fuzzy

Still no answer...Still jaggard, blurry AND fuzzy font....Go MS!!

Zenna888, Jan 19, 2018
Thema:

Blurry/Fuzzy Fonts & Systemicons with eGPU and Windows 10

1. Blurry/Fuzzy Fonts & Systemicons with eGPU and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Blurry Fuzzy Fonts

2. font is blurry in my windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    font is blurry in my windows 10: my text is all blurry and hard to read in my pc...... on desktop, in browser , and in other apps which use default pc font ... games are not affected.. i kindly request for some useful help. i already tried the regedit logpixel win8dpiscaling thing, doesn't work for me....
  3. font is blurry in my windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    font is blurry in my windows 10: my text is all blurry and hard to read in my pc...... on desktop, in browser , and in other apps which use default pc font ... games are not affected.. i kindly request for some useful help. i already tried the regedit logpixel win8dpiscaling thing, doesn't work for me....
  4. font is blurry in my windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. blurry fonts! and no font display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry fonts! and no font display: My fonts blurred out in explorer and even in browser! my Pc was running all good,but suddenly all text from Uc browser to file explorer just went missing! In my desktop , Icons show their name in blurry font and in explorer files show icon but do not have any name on...
  6. fuzzy desktop fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    fuzzy desktop fonts: I have been trying to make my desktop clear and easy to read.... I can not seem to be able to clear away the fuzziness with the fonts. I have looked through the past help threads no help. Thank you....
  7. Text on Windows 10 is blurry and Fuzzy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text on Windows 10 is blurry and Fuzzy: When I am using Windows 10 Microsoft Edge text is very blurry and fuzzy. But when I switch to Google Chrome the text looks beautiful. Why it happen on Microsoft Edge....
  8. windows 10 fonts blurry and faint

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 fonts blurry and faint: I tried: Properties, Compatibility tab, enabled Disable display scaling on high DPI settings, Restart. That didn't do anything. Also tried to download Windows10_DPI_FIX.exe but couldn't download. Any help would be appreciated. 133339
  9. Fuzzy/blurry webcam and camera Windows 10 - user facing is fuzzy and world facing is clear...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fuzzy/blurry webcam and camera Windows 10 - user facing is fuzzy and world facing is clear...: I've tried this in camera mode, video mode on Zoom and Skype - all are fuzzy in user facing but clear in world facing. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fuzzyblurry-webcam-and-camera-windows-10-user/60a6206c-4684-428c-a2ad-82f75d41816b
  10. fuzzy/blurry font and icons. How to Fix ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    fuzzy/blurry font and icons. How to Fix ?: I'm experiencing fuzzy/blurry font and icons for some of the applications. For example: Dell touchpad circular scrolling icon is fuzzy, while on 8.1 it was fine. Even the text in Device manager is fuzzy, while on the properties window of this PC it is fine. See below:-...