Windows 10: Blurry Monitor after resolution change

Discus and support Blurry Monitor after resolution change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I've read through a number of similar problems but can't find a solution. I have a 28 inch Samsung 4K monitor but was running it on its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Whiskeydash, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Blurry Monitor after resolution change

Hi.

I've read through a number of similar problems but can't find a solution.

I have a 28 inch Samsung 4K monitor but was running it on its recommended resolution of 1920x1080. Everything looked clear and good. I switched it to 4K to see what the difference was. Since I switched it the text on browsers etc is no longer sharp,. the screen looks hazy. I switched it immediately back and the text remains blurry. I didn't change any other settings. No changes to monitor settings or anything was made. Does anyone know what could cause this? It gives me a headache after about 5 minutes to read.

Display drivers are all up to date, text size is set at 100% (recommended).

:)

Whiskeydash, Apr 21, 2017
  2. dollar489 Win User

Extended monitor showing fuzzy/blurred text when zoom is over 100%

I have Dell XPS tablet w/ 3200*1800 resolution (recommended) and extended monitor with 3840 * 2160 resolution.

Keeping the laptop at recommended resolution makes it very hard to read (small text) but extended monitor text looks very crisp. If I change the zoom to 125% or anything over, text is easier to read on the laptop but extended monitor goes blurry.

Any idea how to fix this?

dollar489, Apr 21, 2017
  3. 1080p Laptop Sceen to 4K Monitor

Hi All,

I recently updated to a 4K Monitor which i have attached as a second display to my Alienware 1080P Laptop.

I have noticed at first setup that the 4K monitor has everything so small due to its DPI advantage but its unreadable.

If i change the resolution to 125% .. 150% the screen becomes blurry.

If i change the main display to my Monitor it becomes crystal clear at 150% but my laptop screen becomes blurry and zoomed in.

any help would be great.

Thanks

MatthewJones002, Apr 21, 2017
  4. Blurry Monitor after resolution change

I found a solution for any that might be having a similar issue. I went in and changed the refresh rate from 60hz to a random one (23) and then back again. It worked. No idea why.

Whiskeydash, Apr 21, 2017
Thema:

Blurry Monitor after resolution change

1. Blurry Monitor after resolution change - Similar Threads - Blurry Monitor resolution

2. Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?: Hi all, I know this is a question for NVIDIA and/or Acer, but I wanted to get some feedback/ideas from here as well. I have an Acer monitor and an RTX 3060. Today, I installed the latest NVIDIA driver 528.02 and noticed a few things: alt-tabbing from one window to another...
  3. Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?: Hi all, I know this is a question for NVIDIA and/or Acer, but I wanted to get some feedback/ideas from here as well. I have an Acer monitor and an RTX 3060. Today, I installed the latest NVIDIA driver 528.02 and noticed a few things: alt-tabbing from one window to another...
  4. blurry text with screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blurry text with screen resolution: I have purchased an LENOVO ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5.Something is weird with the screen resolution. The default configuration is 1920x1080 and a 150% zoom on screen.Seems to be fine, but some text or icons on some apps are blurry or very small. For instance interface on...
  5. Display resolution on monitor changing

Display resolution on monitor changing: When I use "Extend" when after pressing Win + P, my monitor resolution is fine. But then when I close the laptop lid or make it "Second screen only" the resolution becomes worse. Not really sure how it started or when but I am sure it wasn't always like this. I will attach a...
  6. Changing resolution in second monitor

Changing resolution in second monitor: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS15 laptop. I have hooked up a second monitor, and I get the "Input Not Supported" message on the second monitor an older Acer monitor. I believe I can get rid of it by changing the resolution on the second monitor, but I can't figure out...
  7. Blurry monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurry monitors: Hello, Everytime I connect my 1920x1080 monitor to my pc I always get a blurry display plus the colors are washed out and look fake, when I look at my monitor in that state it doesn't feel like it's a full HD monitor...the details are unclear and not sharp at all...it is...
  8. Blurry monitor after W10 update

Blurry monitor after W10 update: Since the last (mandatory) W10 update, my ACER screen has gone wonky. Will it help to reload the driver? And if so, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blurry-monitor-after-w10-update/efb5ff84-81e7-4d40-b583-7e3ada5975a8
  9. Can't change monitor resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't change monitor resolution: During the install Windows 10 chose an incorrect monitor size. It chose a 19" and I have a 25". The resolution is set to 1024x768 nothing is displaying correctly. I need a 1900x1200 resolution but the drop down selector is greyed out and gives me no options other than the...
  10. Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change: I changed the resolution of my second monitor (Emmrson 19" TV, my first monitor is a BenQ 27") and now it no longer fits on the screen, even if I put it back to the resolution it was in before. I have tried to change the scaling on it but that didn't work. Also, as soon as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 text is fine then screen changes text blurry samsung

2. setting monitor to 1920x1080 makes text blurry

3. benq 1080P monitor is fuzzy text