Windows 10: Blurry on Monitor 2

Discus and support Blurry on Monitor 2 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, This is a clean Windows 10 installation. OS: W10 Home GPU driver: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series Monitor 2: Dell ST2410 This happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Metallo, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Metallo Win User

Blurry on Monitor 2

Hi,

This is a clean Windows 10 installation.
    GPU driver: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series
    Monitor 2: Dell ST2410

This happens approx after 30 min. W10 has been installed.
    Before, opening FF would be crystal clear, or any other application, for instance Skype, was clear too.

In order to replicate, I reformatted the system 3 times and it seems the change occurs when the attached message appears.
    Regardless, whether you click Go or Close, the problem starts.

Settings in the AMD Panel are as they where before, nothing changed there.
    In FF, changing the compatibility view to 'disable display scaling on high DPI setting' partially solves the problem, but it is not the solution because when you do it, the page shows bigger fonts, it looks zoomed to 110% (but it is not in the browser) while the text should stay as previously.

This must be a bug but so far, I was unable to find a clean fix on the internet.

Hope you can help.

Thank you
    Alex

:)

Metallo, Jan 16, 2016
  2. Eric 2728 Win User

Dual monitors with different DPI settings do not give correct scaling

This is incorrect. Metro apps, file explorer, word 2013 are all blurry on the 1080p monitor. i just added a 4k monitor to my 3 monitor setup, the other 3 being 1080p monitors. the other 3 monitors are all blurry and scaled incorrectly.

Eric 2728, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Mixed resolution scaling results in blurry applications?

This looks to be a continuation of the bug described here: Multiple Display Scaling is Blurry.

I have the following monitor configuration:

Blurry on Monitor 2 [​IMG]

Monitor #1 is UHD and is using 150% scaling. Everything that respects scaling looks great on that monitor. Monitors #2,#3,#4 are 1080p, 1080p and 1440p respectively, and are set to 100% scaling. The problem is that most things appear obviously blurry
    on monitors #2,#3, and #4. Windows appears to be scaling everything on those monitors to 150%, then scaling back down to 100%. Any legacy dialogs and applications that don't respect scaling look perfect on monitors #2, #3 and #4.

If I take an application that does respect scaling (say Chrome or Edge), and place it on monitor #1, but overlap it a little bit onto the other monitors, the application looks scaled to 150% on those other monitors and does not appear blurry.

After fiddling around with connections, I'm convinced that it is not a hardware or driver issue, and that Windows is scaling, then descaling, the monitors I set to 100%, and the results are very poor. Is there any way to get Windows to simply *not* scale at
    all on those monitors - to disable it entirely?

Belisarius2501, Jan 16, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Blurry on Monitor 2

Hello Alex & welcome to the forums *Smile

Looking for the simplest explanation first. I wonder if Cleartype is getting turned off by the AMD software. Did you check this setting before and after the screen became blurry?

philc43, Jan 17, 2016
  5. Metallo Win User
    Hi,

Here is how I fixed it:

• Right click on Desktop -> Display Settings
    • Advanced Display Settings -> Click the Monitor with the problem
    • Advanced Sizing of Text and Other Items
    • Set a custom scaling level
    • I changed the percentage from 125% to 100%
    • Problem solved, crystal clear display

Hope this helps

Alex

Metallo, Jan 18, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

another thing to look for also in future - in the Monitor HARDWARE controls - especially if using a TV type monitor - check that you haven't overset contrast, brightness or in particular the sharpness setting -- oversetting these will yield sometimes an absolutely HIDEOUS picture.

If there's a colour temp control too -- choose between Warm will sometimes yield white as "off cream", Cold - rather bluish type of colour and probably over bright white if you are doing a lot of Word / document editing, Film / cinema mode or Sport mode (I find that one the best compromise for TV / Movies and boring things like Office doc creation, email etc.

The modes won't always have the same name but you should see the functionality equivalents on most decent monitors / TV's.

Usually you need the Menu from the Monitors handset and not the computer.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Blurry on Monitor 2

1. Blurry on Monitor 2 - Similar Threads - Blurry Monitor

2. Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted: Hi guys : I have a problem with my external Monitor asus vg24vqe that is connected to my laptop Asus 5 Nitro with HDMI 2.0 cable.On my main screen/laptop everything is perfect , sharp text and amazing quality. But on the external monitor text looks very weird , blurry ,...
  3. Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted: Hi guys : I have a problem with my external Monitor asus vg24vqe that is connected to my laptop Asus 5 Nitro with HDMI 2.0 cable.On my main screen/laptop everything is perfect , sharp text and amazing quality. But on the external monitor text looks very weird , blurry ,...
  4. External monitor connected to laptop looks blurry and gritty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor connected to laptop looks blurry and gritty.: Hello, I’ve been experiencing bad quality on my external gaming monitor. In general, the text on the monitor looks blurry, when I play games such as ‘Overwatch’ the game looks blurry and gritty, and it’s hard to see player models. The monitor isn’t clear it’s very weird...
  5. External monitor connected to laptop looks blurry and gritty.

External monitor connected to laptop looks blurry and gritty.: Hello, I’ve been experiencing bad quality on my external gaming monitor. In general, the text on the monitor looks blurry, when I play games such as ‘Overwatch’ the game looks blurry and gritty, and it’s hard to see player models. The monitor isn’t clear it’s very weird...
  6. External monitor used to work but is now blurry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor used to work but is now blurry: Hello everyone, I have an Intel laptop running Windows 11, and an HP external monitor that supports 4k. When I first bought it, it looked great, but one weekend I was on vacation and when I came back it looked blurry and just not as sharp. I noticed the computer was...
  7. External monitor used to work but is now blurry

External monitor used to work but is now blurry: Hello everyone, I have an Intel laptop running Windows 11, and an HP external monitor that supports 4k. When I first bought it, it looked great, but one weekend I was on vacation and when I came back it looked blurry and just not as sharp. I noticed the computer was...
  8. Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?: Hi all, I know this is a question for NVIDIA and/or Acer, but I wanted to get some feedback/ideas from here as well. I have an Acer monitor and an RTX 3060. Today, I installed the latest NVIDIA driver 528.02 and noticed a few things: alt-tabbing from one window to another...
  9. Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?

Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?: Hi all, I know this is a question for NVIDIA and/or Acer, but I wanted to get some feedback/ideas from here as well. I have an Acer monitor and an RTX 3060. Today, I installed the latest NVIDIA driver 528.02 and noticed a few things: alt-tabbing from one window to another...
  10. Monitor connected via VGA to USB converter is blurry and shows two mouse pointers on top of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor connected via VGA to USB converter is blurry and shows two mouse pointers on top of...: I have connected a 2nd screen to my laptop via a vga to usb converter as the laptop does not have vga input. However, the screen is blurry and makes it very hard to read a text. I can also see two mouse pointers on top of each other. This is especially evident if I try to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my new dell monitor is blurry

2. dell windows monitor 2 blurry