Windows 10: Blurry Tray Icons Since Update

Discus and support Blurry Tray Icons Since Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday morning I updated my Windows 10 and since then have been getting an issue with my tray icons being blurry. I've tried restarting my PC, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pocket, May 15, 2018.

1. Pocket Win User

Blurry Tray Icons Since Update

Yesterday morning I updated my Windows 10 and since then have been getting an issue with my tray icons being blurry. I've tried restarting my PC, as well as turning the new advanced scaling option on/off. It's not a huge deal and doesn't negatively affect performance or anything but it's unattractive.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Also sometimes that little window full of icons will be half-hidden behind my start bar now, though it's not happening in the screenshot and I'm still unsure exactly how to recreate it or even whether it's actually going to happen again (happened 3 times and a restart fixed it each time) I have a feeling it's an entirely separate issue but since restarting fixes it I don't think it's too pressing.

:)

Pocket, May 15, 2018
  2. stricq Win User

System tray icons blur and darken until they disappear

For me, this was solved after installing the creators update to windows 10. My tray icons no longer get blurry over time.

stricq, May 16, 2018
  3. 阿譽 Win User
    Tray icon is blurred when I switch user with different DPI

Hi everyone,

I develop application in windows 10 build 10586(newest version), and I find a problem.

Suppose I have two user accounts:

• session 1 (account user1), DPI: 125%
    • session 2 (account user2), DPI: 100%
    When I do theses steps, tray icon would be blurred...

• Launch program in user1 session, tray icon looks like clear on the bottom right corner。
    • Switch to another user (user2)。
    • Stitch back to the user1。
    • tray icon is blurred。
    • operate the application, tray icon is normal as long as it's updated。
    Does anyone encounter this issue? It would be no problem if both DPI are 100%, maybe OS use wrong icon to scale into 125%。

Thanks for your answer.

阿譽, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Blurry Tray Icons Since Update

1. Blurry Tray Icons Since Update - Similar Threads - Blurry Tray Icons

2. Unable to reorder system tray icons since Oct WIN11 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reorder system tray icons since Oct WIN11 update.: I have had WIN11 since last year. I was able to reorder the system tray icons. I updated to the latest build yesterday and I can no longer change the order of the system tray icons. I was able to put them in the order I want by toggling in order on App Tray settings of how I...
  3. Unable to reorder system tray icons since Oct WIN11 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reorder system tray icons since Oct WIN11 update.: I have had WIN11 since last year. I was able to reorder the system tray icons. I updated to the latest build yesterday and I can no longer change the order of the system tray icons. I was able to put them in the order I want by toggling in order on App Tray settings of how I...
  4. Blurry System Tray Icons above 100% text scaling - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry System Tray Icons above 100% text scaling - Windows 11: So I reported this back in 2016 with Windows 10: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-icons-blur-and-darken-until-they/3c2067e8-e494-4fad-adb2-54c88f53bebfHere we are now in 2022, on Windows 11 and its still an issue. I have been using 2560x1440...
  5. Blurry System Tray Icons above 100% text scaling - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry System Tray Icons above 100% text scaling - Windows 11: So I reported this back in 2016 with Windows 10: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-icons-blur-and-darken-until-they/3c2067e8-e494-4fad-adb2-54c88f53bebfHere we are now in 2022, on Windows 11 and its still an issue. I have been using 2560x1440...
  6. Taskbar Icons are Blurry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons are Blurry: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/dytcocsyqnf41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=d0f450cd96ca5e0eeaed6d6c72e381a4478de44c I don't know why but I did some tweaking in Winaero Tweaker one day and then my taskbar icons started looking a bit blurry. I though it was...
  7. System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.: On my system tray i have some hidden tray icons such as the windows defender icon. Whenever i game in 720p and close the game then when i am back on the desktop the hidden system tray icons appear blurry and some are even missing. This happens whenever i game on 720p and...
  8. Network tray icon is blurry - how to refresh the icon?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network tray icon is blurry - how to refresh the icon?: [img] As you can see, it's not very smooth. The white curved lines have bluish spots inside. When I first installed Windows 10 on a virtual hard disk (vhd), nvidia drivers for my gtx 760 installed automatically by Windows 10 and the icon was very smooth. Later, I had to do a...
  9. Synaptics icon missing from system tray ever since Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Synaptics icon missing from system tray ever since Creators Update: Ever since I upgraded to the Creators Update, the Synaptics touchpad application icon has not been showing up on my system tray. Within the application, the "Display icon on system tray" option is ticked on. I tried reinstalling the drivers and after a few reboots, it doesn't...
  10. Blurry text since Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text since Creators Update.: I tried every fix out there nothing works that googling says. Nothing works. The issue I am having is that certain fonts and this affects all programs are blurry. Even MS own built in programs. The issue is the Segoe UI font. Example if I change the font to a program to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blurry start up tray icons

2. blurry system tray icons