Windows 10: Bogus message or valid?

Discus and support Bogus message or valid? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Do I need to renew Microsoft Office? Subject:Reminder To Renew Your Office !! From:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** To:*** Email address... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RichardGrefrath, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Bogus message or valid?

Do I need to renew Microsoft Office?

Subject:Reminder To Renew Your Office !!
    To:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***
    Date:Saturday, July 7, 2018, 9:41:51 AM PDT

Bogus message or valid? [​IMG]

Dear Sir/Ma'am Renew your Microsoft Office subscription. Microsoft Office Expiration date is 15th July, 2018 Product ID:HT98R-NZI43-PLXI3-23HNF-25GVN You will find a renew button to renew your office online Small renewal from your side. So you can use the following applications without any hassle. Applications: · Microsoft Word · Microsoft Excel · Microsoft Power-point · Microsoft Access · Microsoft One note · Microsoft One drive · Microsoft Publisher · Microsoft Explorer · Microsoft Win Defender · Microsoft outlook · Microsoft Word pad #Toll Free Number for Online Support +1 844-285-2834

:)

RichardGrefrath, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Phoxiel Win User

Windows 10 Giving Bogus Anitvirus Turned Off Messages

Wow, tested Webroot SecureAnywhere with the latest Windows 10.

Hadn't found any bogus messages. Maybe, I'm lucky after all.

Phoxiel, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Pete_sENF Win User
    Bogus Hotmail "1 Unread" message indicator (WM 6.1)

Running Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional on a Verizon Wireless XV6800 device. My phone is displaying a bogus Hotmail 1 Unread message indicator, and I can't get rid of it. When there are no unread messages, the indicator nonetheless shows on the Today screen,
    at the bottom of the main Hotmail messages screen, and also to the right of Inbox in my Hotmail folders list. So far I have cleared all of my messages, powered down, done a soft reboot, and pulled the battery. No luck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Eric

Pete_sENF, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Bogus message or valid?

bogus Folder In Use error messages - blocks me from moving or renaming

Are you sure it's bogus? Could you have an app running in the background that's using a Form you have created?

Bree, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Bogus message or valid?

1. Bogus message or valid? - Similar Threads - Bogus message valid

2. Bogus Update Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bogus Update Screen: I am a repair tech. Does anyone recognize this? I am fairly certain that it is bogus. While it is open, the cursor moves. I've uninstalled any known remote access programs and ran Malwarebytes, Windows Defender offline and Norton Removal Tool. Went through everything in...
  3. Can bogus Your Phone error messages be prevented?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can bogus Your Phone error messages be prevented?: Your Phone would be SO great if I could JUST get rid of these infuriating messages:“Check that both of your devices are nearby, turned on, and connected to the same Wi-Fi network” … “Wait a bit, then try again.” … even for Microsoft, these messages are sub-minimalist and 100%...
  4. Can bogus Your Phone error messages be prevented?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can bogus Your Phone error messages be prevented?: Your Phone would be SO great if I could JUST get rid of these infuriating messages:“Check that both of your devices are nearby, turned on, and connected to the same Wi-Fi network” … “Wait a bit, then try again.” … even for Microsoft, these messages are sub-minimalist and 100%...
  5. Bogus ? Messages from MS

Bogus ? Messages from MS: I'm getting multiple messages claiming to be from MS, and asking me to visit "https://aka.ms/alca" - how can I verify whether or not this is a valid MS request? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bogus-messages-from-ms/61f7b90a-8c45-469c-beaf-d84187ed6cc9
  6. bogus widows message locking up computer-how to block

bogus widows message locking up computer-how to block: This happens every once in a while- very annoying as I have to use task manger to make it disappear- but it comes back the next time I try to use internet or I can clear it with Malwarebytes. Is there any way to block these guys? Thanks Cal...
  7. Bogus "Program" in Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bogus "Program" in Startup: Hello, I've noticed a suspicious program labeled just "Program" in the Windows 10 Startup menu with no extension or description whatsoever. Does anyone know if it's safe to remove it, and how to remove it? Thanks. 150709
  8. Bogus Microsoft messages

Bogus Microsoft messages: Why cannot/does not Windows "DEFENDER" prevent the frequent messages that appear on this computer stating that Microsoft has detected a malfunction and we need to contact the support phone number given immediately. The whole thing almost looks genuine and must fool lots of...
  9. Windows 10 Giving Bogus Anitvirus Turned Off Messages

Windows 10 Giving Bogus Anitvirus Turned Off Messages: I'm using WEBROOT Secure Anywhere and have just started receiving messages in the Windows 10 action center stating that my antivirus and windows defender are both turned off. When I check I can clearly see that WEBROOT is turned ON. I went to the WEBROOT community and can see...
  10. Win10 creates BOGUS message when accessing PC on LAN

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 creates BOGUS message when accessing PC on LAN: FYI: I have found that, after a TRUE re-boot (not Hibernate), when I try to access another PC via my wired LAN via explorer, I get this BOGUS message window: Windows cannot access xxx It is BOGUS because one of my own programs also accesses a file across the LAN...