Windows 10: Bookmarks across browsers

Discus and support Bookmarks across browsers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; There are a number of ways to sync bookmarks across browsers (such as between IE, Chrome and Firefox), most of which are done using online facilities.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pewe, Dec 14, 2016.

1. pewe Win User

Bookmarks across browsers

There are a number of ways to sync bookmarks across browsers (such as between IE, Chrome and Firefox), most of which are done using online facilities.

There is a desktop program called Transmute which works locally but does have 2 issues
    1. It cannot handle bookmarks of over 250 characters
    2. It appears support has ground to a halt from the developer.

Does anyone know of an alternative local program that will work in Windows??

:)

2. lacrumb Win User

icons

Is this a browser. If so which one. My browser Avant browser has bookmarks and also a bookmark bar where I can have about 8 listed across the screen.

In Edge I think they are Favorites.

Most browsers have bookmarks.

lacrumb, Dec 14, 2016
  3. Synching bookmarks across different browsers

I would like to know how to sync my favorites with Chrome and Edge/Explorer. I use Edge with my tablet yet I use Chrome with my desktop. I notice that you can import your favorites from Edge to Chrome and vise-versa. I would like, however to be able to add
    a favorite from one browser and it sync to the other. What I've noticed so far is that Edge creates a subfolder called imported from Chrome and doesn't really sync.

Are there any extensions I can use for both?

ChristianLoleng, Dec 14, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

1. That's pretty much a file name size limitation.

I use the Export feature in Firefox to Export as an .html file, is a Web page on the computer that can be opened in any Browser. I don't use Chrome so can't speak to it but some browsers can Import from that file. If I'm putting Firefox on a new computer I use the Firefox on the old computer to Export as a .json file then Import from it on the new one.

The IE Favorites should be in a Folder under C:\Users\USER_NAME\Favorites, I Copy that and Paste on the new IE/new computer.

Berton, Dec 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Bookmarks across browsers - Similar Threads - Bookmarks across browsers

2. How to fix tainted bookmarks in my browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix tainted bookmarks in my browser: When I click on the bookmarks to save a search item to my bookmarks it tell me that the bookmarks is tainted how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-tainted-bookmarks-in-my-browser/8f194446-9e0a-4de7-b62b-2e06a391e337
  3. How to fix tainted bookmarks in my browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix tainted bookmarks in my browser: When I click on the bookmarks to save a search item to my bookmarks it tell me that the bookmarks is tainted how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-tainted-bookmarks-in-my-browser/8f194446-9e0a-4de7-b62b-2e06a391e337
  4. browser Bookmarks on Win10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    browser Bookmarks on Win10 PC: How can I transfer my bookmarks from one laptop to another when the laptops are not on the same network? Both are running Windows 10 and Google Chrome. John...
  5. Issue with google across all browsers

Issue with google across all browsers: Posting here because I feel this is a different issue from Google. When I try to access my Gmail by clicking on either the MENU icon or my Avatar Picture Icon, nothing happens, they are now unresponsive, across ALL browsers I use MSedge, Chrome and Firefox I have:...
  6. Edge browser bookmark in new folder

Edge browser bookmark in new folder: when i try to create a new folder to save a book mark in the edge browser. It will not allow me to rename the new folder. I first choose mobile book marks and then when i try create a new sub folder it will not allow me to rename by right clicking the new folder How do i...
  7. Edge Browser on Android - Import Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser on Android - Import Bookmarks: How do you import favourites into the Android Edge browser from a .html file or another browser? 129820
  8. Edge Browser Missing Bookmark Icons

Edge Browser Missing Bookmark Icons: I have the same bookmarks synced across all my browsers and edge is the only that doesn't show any of the icons of the websites that I have bookmarked. Clicking on them doesn't update the icon, and neither does clearing the history / cache. Is there an easy solution aside...
  9. Merging Bookmarks from 2 Browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Merging Bookmarks from 2 Browsers: Hi, I am currently running Firefox (61.0.2) and Vivaldi (Latest Release). Each has accumulated a large number of bookmarks. How could I join all of these bookmarks into 1 file and import them to each browser without getting numerous duplicates? Many Thanks Vivaldi 116317
  10. Chrome Browser Bookmarks in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Browser Bookmarks in Windows 10: Following upgrade to W10 the font size of "Other Bookmarks" has reduced in size. Normal browser sizes are fine, just the Bookmark too small. Any way to increase those without increasing everything else? Thanks. 16716