Windows 10: bookmarks failing to launch to websites

Discus and support bookmarks failing to launch to websites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am having problems with bookmarks launching. This started after the last several updates. sometimes they do launch. and then the next several times I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by shipinomore10, Nov 24, 2017.

1. bookmarks failing to launch to websites

I am having problems with bookmarks launching. This started after the last several updates. sometimes they do launch. and then the next several times I get the attached error.
    Win 10 Ver 1709 build 16299.15
    I have completed a clean install an hour ago. prior to that I was getting these same results. sometimes you can keep hitting retry and they load. I have about 12 favorites on the bar and they all will sometimes fail and then again others fail.
    This same problem is also happening in my 8.1 system. It happens in Chrome and Edge.
    If you remove the bookmark then set it up again it may work for once or twice then fails repeatedly.

:)

shipinomore10, Nov 24, 2017

2. Settings Failing To Launch

Hello,

I've tried to add a new user. However, this didn't appear to fix my problem. I was hoping to see my updates, but this still won't launch as I can't launch anything from settings.

Anyone???

GoBlueWolverine, Nov 24, 2017
  3. IE failing to launch

Hello,

Resetting and restoring Internet Options solved the issue/

Thank you!

Benjamin Dennison, Nov 24, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

bookmarks failing to launch to websites

Open up Default Programs and reset them to the default program you want to use for opening up the links.

bro67, Nov 25, 2017
  5. bro67 thank you for the tip. I did reset the default apps. I was running the new firefox but that was never a problem in the past.
    It still will fail with the error I was getting but now its maybe 1 out of 10 times.
    Shipinomore

shipinomore10, Nov 25, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    If you export your bookmarks to a folder for them, you can then see if they will open with Chrome or Edge.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

bookmarks failing to launch to websites

1. bookmarks failing to launch to websites - Similar Threads - bookmarks failing launch

2. app launch fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  3. app launch fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  4. Headbangers Fail to launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headbangers Fail to launch: Good afternoonI downloaded headbangers last night but have not been able to get the game to start. The main screen will show with the pigeons but then close back to desktop. I tried verifying, updating, running the game as administrator with no luck please help me find a...
  5. Headbangers Fail to launch

Headbangers Fail to launch: Good afternoonI downloaded headbangers last night but have not been able to get the game to start. The main screen will show with the pigeons but then close back to desktop. I tried verifying, updating, running the game as administrator with no luck please help me find a...
  6. website taking over my bookmarks on google

website taking over my bookmarks on google: A particular website, Dartagnans, is taking over my bookmarks on google. Every day there are over 1800 bookmarks for it on the bookmarks bar and on the other bookmarks. I go to bookmark manager and delete them, Within minutes they are back. Worse yet other unwanted bookmarks...
  7. website taking over my bookmarks on google

in Windows 10 Gaming
    website taking over my bookmarks on google: A particular website, Dartagnans, is taking over my bookmarks on google. Every day there are over 1800 bookmarks for it on the bookmarks bar and on the other bookmarks. I go to bookmark manager and delete them, Within minutes they are back. Worse yet other unwanted bookmarks...
  8. Launching website pinned to Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Launching website pinned to Start menu: When I click on a web site I have on the "Start Menu", it does not take me to that web site. I have to click on the IE symbol on the task bar. WHY? This has happened since I got the latest update. ***Original Title: Start menu***...
  9. ark fails at launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ark fails at launch: so i have scored the internet an i'm getting undeniably frustrated no i have game pass and i have downloaded ark and it works on my wife's computer but when i try to launch it on my own it wont even launch i press start the app and i get the initialization screen and then it...
  10. How to Bookmark websites in IE,Edge and Chrome automatically?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Bookmark websites in IE,Edge and Chrome automatically?: hello everyone, i want to bookmark websites automatically. i don't want to follow manual process. please guide me? Thanks 79545