Windows 10: bookmarks failing to launch to websites

Discus and support bookmarks failing to launch to websites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am having problems with bookmarks launching. This started after the last several updates. sometimes they do launch. and then the next several times I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by shipinomore10, Nov 24, 2017.

1. bookmarks failing to launch to websites

I am having problems with bookmarks launching. This started after the last several updates. sometimes they do launch. and then the next several times I get the attached error.
    Win 10 Ver 1709 build 16299.15
    I have completed a clean install an hour ago. prior to that I was getting these same results. sometimes you can keep hitting retry and they load. I have about 12 favorites on the bar and they all will sometimes fail and then again others fail.
    This same problem is also happening in my 8.1 system. It happens in Chrome and Edge.
    If you remove the bookmark then set it up again it may work for once or twice then fails repeatedly.

:)

shipinomore10, Nov 24, 2017

2. Settings Failing To Launch

Hello,

I've tried to add a new user. However, this didn't appear to fix my problem. I was hoping to see my updates, but this still won't launch as I can't launch anything from settings.

Anyone???

GoBlueWolverine, Nov 24, 2017
  3. IE failing to launch

Hello,

Resetting and restoring Internet Options solved the issue/

Thank you!

Benjamin Dennison, Nov 24, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

bookmarks failing to launch to websites

Open up Default Programs and reset them to the default program you want to use for opening up the links.

bro67, Nov 25, 2017
  5. bro67 thank you for the tip. I did reset the default apps. I was running the new firefox but that was never a problem in the past.
    It still will fail with the error I was getting but now its maybe 1 out of 10 times.
    Shipinomore

shipinomore10, Nov 25, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    If you export your bookmarks to a folder for them, you can then see if they will open with Chrome or Edge.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

bookmarks failing to launch to websites

1. bookmarks failing to launch to websites - Similar Threads - bookmarks failing launch

2. ark fails at launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ark fails at launch: so i have scored the internet an i'm getting undeniably frustrated no i have game pass and i have downloaded ark and it works on my wife's computer but when i try to launch it on my own it wont even launch i press start the app and i get the initialization screen and then it...
  3. ark fails at launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ark fails at launch: so i have scored the internet an i'm getting undeniably frustrated no i have game pass and i have downloaded ark and it works on my wife's computer but when i try to launch it on my own it wont even launch i press start the app and i get the initialization screen and then it...
  4. bookmarks

in Windows 10 Customization
    bookmarks: Art which graveyard did Microsoft burry the option "bookmarks" ? And why ? And why was no information about this available ? I spent years building up a very useful and easy collection... And then, out of the blue, a giant fuckfinger was raised and foetsie were the...
  5. bOOKMARKS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bOOKMARKS: Where are my bookmarks located? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bookmarks/d5ac78a8-6322-4581-9d0b-d6a20a727e36"
  6. Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Bookmarks: After downloading windows ten I am having problems with bookmarks. 1. I have an older version of my previous bookmarks. 2. New websites cannot be saved to bookmarks Help please.*Biggrin 48803
  7. How to Bookmark websites in IE,Edge and Chrome automatically?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Bookmark websites in IE,Edge and Chrome automatically?: hello everyone, i want to bookmark websites automatically. i don't want to follow manual process. please guide me? Thanks 79545
  8. Some apps failing to launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some apps failing to launch: This is a repeat of an earlier posting which seems to have a solved tick, when it has not been solved. Any suggestions welcome I had an update to windows a few days ago. Now some of the apps are not launching. The following work as normal: Settings, calculator, paint,...
  9. failed to connect to localhost website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    failed to connect to localhost website: Hello, Please excuse if this has been covered, But I can't find anything which matches my problem. I have had to change a email address from a old one to my current one and they sent a email for me to verify it. my problem is that it is a localhost address and it comes...
  10. Google Launches Website for Android’s Enterprise Presence

in Windows 10 News
    Google Launches Website for Android’s Enterprise Presence: Source ADlMHFdmXKU Maybe companies will switch over from xp to Android soon *Smile We already know how flexible Android is, mainly because the base platform is open source. This means it can be adapted for a wide number of different use cases and one of those is...