Windows 10: Bookmarks

Discus and support Bookmarks in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After downloading windows ten I am having problems with bookmarks. 1. I have an older version of my previous bookmarks. 2. New websites cannot be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by susanpeabody, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Bookmarks

After downloading windows ten I am having problems with bookmarks.

1. I have an older version of my previous bookmarks.

2. New websites cannot be saved to bookmarks

Help please.*Biggrin

:)

susanpeabody, Apr 29, 2016

2. Updated 5800 to 21.0.025 and have yet to find a bug

One bug I have noticed occurs when moving bookmarks. Bookmarks are moved by selecting a bookmark, then selecting 'move bookmark' from the menu, and then selecting the destination by selecting another bookmark and clicking 'ok'. The first time you move a
    bookmark it is put above the bookmark selected as the destination, the next bookmark moved is put below the bookmark selected as the destination, the next is put above, the next is put below, etc.

The bookmarks should be put consistently above or below but definitely not alternate. Alternatively, you should be given the option of putting it above or below. I believe this bug also existed in v20.

fat_boy---01, Apr 29, 2016
  3. debra1002 Win User
    N8-00 Internet bookmarks and the deletion thereof

Just touch and hold the bookmark for a moment or two to get the context menu. However some factory created bookmarks can't be deleted.

While I'm at it, to move a bookmark touch and hold the bookmark, and select move from the menu and release and a tick will appear. Then touch the bookmark that you want to the one you are moving and release, and the moved bookmark will be placed above it.

debra1002, Apr 29, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Bookmarks

Are you talking about Edge? Lots of folks seen to have issues with Edge but it is possible to click Start, All apps then scroll down to the Ws and Windows Accessories to open Internet Explorer 11, maybe your Bookmarks/Favorites are still there. Could also use File Explorer and navigate to C: drive then to Users then your login name and find the Favorites Folder there.

Berton, Apr 29, 2016
Thema:

Bookmarks

1. Bookmarks - Similar Threads - Bookmarks

2. recover my lost bookmarks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover my lost bookmarks: I cannot find my bookmarks? I did not make any changes to my browser, but it started to be something other than I wanted. I loaded duck duck go back on for default and the book marks are gone!...
  3. recover my lost bookmarks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover my lost bookmarks: I cannot find my bookmarks? I did not make any changes to my browser, but it started to be something other than I wanted. I loaded duck duck go back on for default and the book marks are gone!...
  4. recover my lost bookmarks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Do I have to Save 'My Settings' and Mozilla 'Bookmarks' To Flash Drive If Updating Win 10 BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to Save 'My Settings' and Mozilla 'Bookmarks' To Flash Drive If Updating Win 10 BIOS?: I've already saved 'My Docs' to flash drive, but can't even find the Mozilla Firefox bookmarks that are supposed to be saved in a Mozilla profile somewhere in Windows. I also want to save My Settings.If I do need to save Bookmarks and My Settings before updating Win 10 BIOS,...
  6. Do I have to Save 'My Settings' and Mozilla 'Bookmarks' To Flash Drive If Updating Win 10 BIOS?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I have to Save 'My Settings' and Mozilla 'Bookmarks' To Flash Drive If Updating Win 10 BIOS?: I've already saved 'My Docs' to flash drive, but can't even find the Mozilla Firefox bookmarks that are supposed to be saved in a Mozilla profile somewhere in Windows. I also want to save My Settings.If I do need to save Bookmarks and My Settings before updating Win 10 BIOS,...
  7. Do I have to Save 'My Settings' and Mozilla 'Bookmarks' To Flash Drive If Updating Win 10 BIOS?

8. Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks: I recently changed the alias for my Microsoft account and also changed the email for security verification. Unfortunately, somehow that caused my Chrome bookmarks to revert to bookmarks that I had as of about 1 year ago. In other words, bookmarks I've added over the past 12...
  9. Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks

Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks: I recently changed the alias for my Microsoft account and also changed the email for security verification. Unfortunately, somehow that caused my Chrome bookmarks to revert to bookmarks that I had as of about 1 year ago. In other words, bookmarks I've added over the past 12...
  10. Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade