Windows 10: Boot 2 copies Win10 Pro in Separate Partitions?

Discus and support Boot 2 copies Win10 Pro in Separate Partitions? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it possible to install another copy (same edition) of Win 10 Pro on the same physical drive in a separate partition. I tried doing it and ended up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Edw, May 24, 2018.

1. EDW
    Edw Win User

Boot 2 copies Win10 Pro in Separate Partitions?

Is it possible to install another copy (same edition) of Win 10 Pro on the same physical drive in a separate partition. I tried doing it and ended up clobbering the first install. I'm running the current update (5/20/18) of Win10 with UEFI operational. I have downloaded the Win10 installation file to a bootable USB. Is what I'm seeking possible; if so how do you do it? And does it violate MS's copyright agreement? Thanks for your help.

:)

2. Coxwain Win User

WIN10 /WIN7 Dual boot, WIN7 forced to upgrade to win10, now I can only boot to Primary WIN10 drive

Could I actually keep two copies of WIN10 and boot them separately on two separate drives?

Coxwain, May 24, 2018
  3. Issue with dual booting Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview

Original title: Win10 Pro Insider Preview

Has anyone had Win10 Pro Insider Preview install itself on a HDD that already had Win10 Pro on it? This has happened to me. I dual boot 2 hard drives. One had Win10 Pro on it and the other was Win10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 11082. I upgraded
    from Win8.1 to Win10 Pro on one and installed Win10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 11082 on the other. Tonight Win10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 11082 is on both HDD's. How is that even possible?

BillFelter, May 24, 2018
Thema:

Boot 2 copies Win10 Pro in Separate Partitions?

1. Boot 2 copies Win10 Pro in Separate Partitions? - Similar Threads - Boot copies Win10

2. How to fix system and boot partitions on separate drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix system and boot partitions on separate drives?: Hi, I was following a YouTube guide on moving everything to a new SSD everything being basically just windows and I ran into a problem. I was using MiniTool partition wizard, the tool restarted the PC but about 4 hours later I still had a black screen with white writing...
  3. How to fix system and boot partitions on separate drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix system and boot partitions on separate drives?: Hi, I was following a YouTube guide on moving everything to a new SSD everything being basically just windows and I ran into a problem. I was using MiniTool partition wizard, the tool restarted the PC but about 4 hours later I still had a black screen with white writing...
  4. How to fix system and boot partitions on separate drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fix for boot partition and system partition on separate drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for boot partition and system partition on separate drives: Attempting to upgrade windows 10 to windows 11. When converting c driveoperating system/boot/system drive from MBR to GPT I discovered that my boot partition and system partition are on separate drives, so I cannot convert. To fix this I am installing a new primary boot drive...
  6. Fix for boot partition and system partition on separate drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix for boot partition and system partition on separate drives: Attempting to upgrade windows 10 to windows 11. When converting c driveoperating system/boot/system drive from MBR to GPT I discovered that my boot partition and system partition are on separate drives, so I cannot convert. To fix this I am installing a new primary boot drive...
  7. Fix for boot partition and system partition on separate drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can't boot into 2 separate installs of windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into 2 separate installs of windows 10: Hi, I have 2 versions of windows on separate hard disks I rebooted last night for a windows update on my pro installation IT goes through the motions but when it would usually bring the login page it then gives me the system error collecting information smiley I can't get...
  9. 2 copies of Windows on separate drives?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2 copies of Windows on separate drives?: I have a laptop and would like to install a "clean" copy of Windows for my recording studio application. Thus when I want to run regular PC apps I load the Windows that came with the PC. When I want to record, I load the "clean" copy. I know its possible to install two but...
  10. Install win10 pro on separate drive from win7 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install win10 pro on separate drive from win7 pro: I have a Dell workstation (xeon mpu) with dual 1 TB HDDs... Win 7 pro is installed on one drive, and the other is blank, newly formated... I want to be able to boot off either drive... the win 7 HDD, or off the Win 10 HDD. I realize I may have to deal with BIOS boot sequence...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. boot with 2 copies of win10 in systems